Login

russian armor

What is this unit size?

15 Jan 2022, 12:49 PM

What is T70 unit size? Like P4 (in front stopped missed 4 times RNG GOD) and Rakeeten have some trouble hitting it?

15 Jan 2022, 12:56 PM

15 Jan 2022, 20:26 PM

the only difference from other units is the actual size of the unit. This makes scatter shots from AT guns miss more, especially if there is an obstacle between t70 and AT, like green cover (e.g. car or a brick fence). But that's only scatter. All hit rolls should connect, like with any other unit, since they ignore obstacles, armored units in front of the target, elevation etc.
16 Jan 2022, 02:20 AM

the only difference from other units is the actual size of the unit. This makes scatter shots from AT guns miss more, especially if there is an obstacle between t70 and AT, like green cover (e.g. car or a brick fence). But that's only scatter. All hit rolls should connect, like with any other unit, since they ignore obstacles, armored units in front of the target, elevation etc.

anti tank guns miss their shots exceptionally more if there is a green cover portion between the AT gun and the tank.

this also works the other way around, with exceptions (namely brummbar)
16 Jan 2022, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2022, 02:20 AMKatukov

anti tank guns miss their shots exceptionally more if there is a green cover portion between the AT gun and the tank.

That does not sound correct at all since vehicles do not benefit from cover. The only difference is at missed shot can collide it item that are between the weapon and target.

ATG do benefit from cover but only if they are close it so the mechanism is the same.

Unit that fire arched projectiles and unit that fire from higher elevation have reduce change of colliding with shot blocker so Brummbar is nothing special in that regard.
16 Jan 2022, 10:51 AM

you can place a sandbag in front of a t70, put AT at max range, give both sandbag and t70 invulnerability and test it yourself, if you don't believe me.

This "works" other way around only vs infantry, since almost all infantry hits are scatter rolls, opposed to armor hits, which are mostly accuracy hits.
18 Jan 2022, 01:57 AM

Thank you for the answers. I'm aware of this elevation, covers, etc.

This is just one unit very exceptional and dodging hits even though its parked raketeen and P4s (very close both stopped) are unable to hit it.

I'm guessing there's a buff on it size when it hits veterancy? it's almost invincible in vet3 with its speed, acceleration, and sight.
MMX
18 Jan 2022, 02:58 AM

I'm guessing there's a buff on it size when it hits veterancy? it's almost invincible in vet3 with its speed, acceleration, and sight.

Not that I'm aware of at least. Though the higher speed means it may be able to dodge scatter shots more effectively, especially at long range and when moving sideways with respect to the shooter
18 Jan 2022, 13:02 PM

This is just one unit very exceptional and dodging hits even though its parked raketeen and P4s (very close both stopped) are unable to hit it.

Why bother asking, if you put a lot more weight in several unlucky encounters, then in what people may answer you? This is a game of odds or RNG. You can have both unlucky rolls and extremely lucky rolls in one game, but nobody remembers lucky once, since this is how our perception works.

About veterancy:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide
19 Jan 2022, 17:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Most of this as Klement Pikhtura said is just skewed perception. Everyone remembers the times they got screwed over by the game, but not the times you got lucky. Most of the shots of that any unit in the game fires do hit the target, so the base expectation is to get at least a hit. That's why misses are much more memorable.

The T70 gets only mobility buffs regarding survivability. The reason why it may seem invincible at high vet is because of the high sight radius in recon mode and good mobility of the unit, making it hard to catch against even mediocre players like me. If it actually gets in range of Axis weaponry, it is not more survivable than other light vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Germany 19
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak