Login

russian armor

CoH3 Feedback by Jibber and GiaA

14 Dec 2021, 03:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2021, 00:01 AMGiaA
...I think the interesting question is whether hearing footsteps is a good thing.

If Relic cares about map hacking then you should NOT be able to hear footsteps. Or there will be a bunch of people getting banned for looking around in the FOW trying to hear footsteps. There will be no way to know if they are map hacking or listening.
14 Dec 2021, 04:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

But for some reason it has never been an issue for vCoH, perhaps its not very consistent. I do use this the most when figuring out PE capping order as Ketten is obviously loud and sending my Jeep to do the harassing. For infantry It feels like it triggers the sound sometimes. Sometimes its the sound of running and sometimes its the chatter. But again, its something you have to scroll into and who has time for it later in the game.
15 Dec 2021, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2021, 03:46 AMRosbone

If Relic cares about map hacking then you should NOT be able to hear footsteps. Or there will be a bunch of people getting banned for looking around in the FOW trying to hear footsteps. There will be no way to know if they are map hacking or listening.

Given the events during the last year, it seems like Relic now wants to purely rely on system-detected evidence when it comes to maphacking. No more replay-review by a human
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight