Login

russian armor

Dear developers! What is going on with CoH?

19 Nov 2013, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:27 PMAbdul

Then you should check the topic below, because there is allot constructive comments in it made by many of Relic's fans who are right now angry for the lack of response.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/10707/what-the-pro-s-think-of-coh2

sometimes the smart thing to do is not to reply. they might end up with a foot up their mouths.
19 Nov 2013, 17:54 PM

sometimes the smart thing to do is not to reply. they might end up with a foot up their mouths.

especially when you can't do anything about it and you know that your top management doesn't give a **** about what customers think
19 Nov 2013, 17:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Noun: Is it true you (as in Relic) didn't tell the Beta crew what changes to focus on in terms of impending DLC Commanders?

Is it true you just threw a bunch of Beta stuff at them and expected them to be able to balance and feedback on it randomly without context or direction?

Cos thats what the Beta team is saying.
They say they didn't know what was intended to go live, and that they where swamped with so many Beta differences they didn't know what to focus on.
19 Nov 2013, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:40 PMNoun

Yup! We're reading that, for sure. We're aware of it, but I believe that's also the thread where I'm called a Nazi which is not quite what we mean by constructive. I don't feel like arguing with people, so while we're definitely taking in feedback when it is constructive, we're allowing conversations to develop naturally within the community without interceding at this point.

Noun - that untatsteful and unproductive post was moderated and removed from that thread.

So by all means - you're more than welcome there to participate as we'd all like COH2 to get better.
19 Nov 2013, 18:03 PM

Yup! We're reading that, for sure. We're aware of it, but I believe that's also the thread where I'm called a Nazi which is not quite what we mean by constructive. I don't feel like arguing with people, so while we're definitely taking in feedback when it is constructive, we're allowing conversations to develop naturally within the community without interceding at this point.

Well, a big part of the community is concerned about the blatant inbalances the new commanders had brought.

We all are asking what is the developers' answer towards these commanders.
Any info will be welcome. The most time it takes, more and more pissed players will show their anger spamming the forums and insulting developers like it's happening right now in other threads as you indeed remark.

I, for one, don't want to continue playing the game if every guy that bought the new commanders can beat me just spamming T70 like there is no tomorrow or calling free magic tanks that turn the odds of the battle in the last second.
I'm waiting for official info about that matter, like it happened with the ostheer assgren and soviet forward HQ commander, which got patched quickly.

That way, if Tiger Ace and Soviet Industry are intended to stay like this and there is no change scheduled for them, then I can finally uninstall the game and stop my worries about the game.
4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 19 Nov 2013, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:54 PMNullist
Noun: Is it true you (as in Relic) didn't tell the Beta crew what changes to focus on in terms of impending DLC Commanders?

Is it true you just threw a bunch of Beta stuff at them and expected them to be able to balance and feedback on it randomly without context or direction?

Cos thats what the Beta team is saying.
They say they didn't know what was intended to go live, and that they where swamped with so many Beta differences they didn't know what to focus on.

I'm on PTO (meaning it's my day off). I've been out of the office for the past few weeks, first on PTO (paid time off) then in meetings in London with SEGA's community team and now again on time off.

Thus I wouldn't want to comment either way on how the beta is going.

I know that it's not a perfect process and we're looking at making it better all the time. If that's the feedback that the beta testers are saying in public I'd hope they're also sharing that to their contact at Relic.

Running ongoing betas is new for us, and I'm sure there's kinks to iron out.

But I can't confirm or deny what people who are in the beta are saying.
19 Nov 2013, 18:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Alrighty then Noun. Thanks for the reply on your day off and all.

Big pro tip though:
-Please convey the message to the whichever teams are involved, that the Beta crew needs to know what to test specifically for your next release.
-As far as Ive read, you got a good spread of players there, from our best communtiy pros, to absolute noobs. Use em. Give them a mission, tell them what needs testing the fk out of and Im sure they will gladly do it.

It seems they have been swamped with too many options, but dont know what needs priority right now for what you have planned. They sre under NDA, of a sorts anyways, and so far there has only been one leak.

Give them some direction so they knwo what you need tested and done, and Im sure they will gladly deliver in spades.

Dont make me sign up to Beta and come spam up your boards! MvGame.

Edited to add: From a community perspective, and as a guy who reads this forum religiously, Im telling you flat out this game cannot sustain another unbalanced/untested DLC Commander launch. This stuff HAS to be screened properly before next launch. This is seriosuly crucial for the reputation of the game. OP DLC Commanders may sell well, but it kills the multiplsyer pool, which kills the game. It also reduces sales of the other DLC Commanders. Im sure you cam see that from your internal sales figures.

The next DLC Commander release absolutely must be atleast mostly balanced.
Please man, we are dying here. We love the game but are hemorraghing players by the dozen.
TLDR:Let the Beta know what they need to test, so they cam give you the feedback you need to do it right.
We are all counting on you guys to make this game great and something we can continue to finance and play for years to come. We will buy the DLC, no worries, but please make sure its been screened properly first. 2 times, we can handle it, a third time... I think thats it.
19 Nov 2013, 19:31 PM

i read the posts and i cant recall anyone calling you a nazi otherwise i myself would have told the person who did to take that back .

On the other hand i have watched some streams and posts made by relic devs on which coh2 factions are reffered to as races . Please tell the people in question to stop using that term especially when reffering to coh2 which deals with ww2 in which i am sure you know racially induced genocides occured . Its like talking about ropes to a hanged man's wife .
19 Nov 2013, 19:36 PM

dont get me wrong. i dont want a copy of coh1. but please tell the strong Points of coh2? Blizzards? lmao
but at the some Point i have to be right, otherwise more then 200 ppl would Play this game.

What's good and what's not is always a matter of perception and personal taste.

I for myself like:

-The Ostfront scenario
-Truesight
-The idea of coldtech although it's not yet implemented the way I'd like it to be
-The way snipers work
-The way the game looks (Graphics ?!)
-The new capping system as a whole
and probably other stuff I forgot to mention

Sure there are also a lot of things I don't like but I see quite a strong support from relic, so I haven't lost hope yet. ;)
19 Nov 2013, 19:40 PM

Permanently Banned
@Kafiron: Noun and the Devs get called Nazis and all kinds of shit like that, everday.
Death threats too. Insane shit really. Totally whacked.

Some people cant tell the difference between a game and IRL.
I like the historical relevance discussions about whether PziV or T34 was "better", but some people just flat out have lost the plot. Especially vs a company in Canada, which is certainly amongst the most tolerant and "balanced" nations in the entire world.

Sov fanbois. Man, they BEYOND mad. If some neonazis started hitting on the community and Relic about Stalin bias, omg, the shitstorm that woyld ensue. But nope, aint happened. Pretty much just Sov fanbois enjoying their priviledge.
19 Nov 2013, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 19:40 PMNullist

Sov fanbois. Man, they BEYOND mad. If some neonazis started hitting on the community and Relic about Stalin bias, omg, the shitstorm that woyld ensue. But nope, aint happened. Pretty much just Sov fanbois enjoying their priviledge.

You should search help asap
19 Nov 2013, 20:00 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 19:49 PMGreeb

You should search help asap

Ask Noun and the Devs.

Its true. Hell, Russian companies even boycotted CoH2.
As well as public internet plebiscites to ban it.
5 of 5 Relic postsRelic 19 Nov 2013, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 19:31 PMkafrion

On the other hand i have watched some streams and posts made by relic devs on which coh2 factions are reffered to as races . Please tell the people in question to stop using that term especially when reffering to coh2 which deals with ww2 in which i am sure you know racially induced genocides occured . Its like talking about ropes to a hanged man's wife .

I think that's a fair point, for sure. The races thing is a hold over from people who are more used to talking about Starcraft or Warcraft where "race" is a thing that's relevant to talk about unlike a WW 2 game where it can be considered offensive.

Obviously we're all humans, and thus race isn't something that we need to be talking about. We should be saying "faction" instead.
19 Nov 2013, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 19:40 PMNullist
@Kafiron: Noun and the Devs get called Nazis and all kinds of shit like that, everday.
Death threats too. Insane shit really. Totally whacked.

Some people cant tell the difference between a game and IRL.
I like the historical relevance discussions about whether PziV or T34 was "better", but some people just flat out have lost the plot. Especially vs a company in Canada, which is certainly amongst the most tolerant and "balanced" nations in the entire world.

I know they get called that way in metacritic and its really sad , i think our community has gotten through that though and in our majority we supported the devs at the time , i havent seen any threat but i am sure that there are ppl out there stupid enough to make that . But these are idividuals and their whacky heads shouldnt color negatively threads that actually contain useful information .

I think that's a fair point, for sure. The races thing is a hold over from people who are more used to talking about Starcraft or Warcraft where "race" is a thing that's relevant to talk about unlike a WW 2 game where it can be considered offensive.

Obviously we're all humans, and thus race isn't something that we need to be talking about. We should be saying "faction" instead.

Good to hear that . I guessed myself it would be a hold over from SC . I just mentioned it because i dont want hotheaded ppl getting a hold of it and flinging accusations left and right .
20 Nov 2013, 07:28 AM

Don't let this thread die. We need more communication from the developers, right now gossip is getting the upper hand in every discussion. Soon we will hear an urban legend about T70 spam that killed a Tiger Ace in a game.
20 Nov 2013, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 13:28 PMZtormi
So your solution to decreasing number of players is to introduce even more DLC? Last DLC was released a week ago and it definitely didn't increase the amount players. Infact, it had quite the opposite effect I think.

I can't agree with you: last few days I can see a number of players is about 4 000. And DLC with a new fractions may be offers like a new part of game, so it may has reclame-company. If you can offer the best deal, please express it.
20 Nov 2013, 11:58 AM

This game focus on Eastern Front, so i dont know how could japan, americans, british armies fit in this game.

This game focus on WWII, and it has gameplay like chess, from some point of view, so it is not so nessesary to make only one theatre of war. As I said new armies very expand a number of tactics in multiplayer. I offer to create a North Africa theatre of war and a Pasific theatre of war.
20 Nov 2013, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2013, 11:24 AMSixshot

I can't agree with you: last few days I can see a number of players is about 4 000. And DLC with a new fractions may be offers like a new part of game, so it may has reclame-company. If you can offer the best deal, please express it.

In my opinion, Relic has taken a path in it's business model which doesn't aggressively encourage new players to buy the game.

Adding DLC only serves purpose to the players who already own the game. But in the eyes of the new player, it may infact have the opposite effect given if the game has insane amounts of expensive DLC critical to multiplayer experience.

In my eyes the business model which Relic has driven since the release is flawed. Both in the sense of profit and gaming experience. What Relic could have done first is to add features that encourage new players and create publicity. Features like leaderboards, observermode and advanced replay system would encourage more players to stream events and create tournaments. First build up a solid, loyal fanbase and then offer the treats. These generate publicity for the game and would harvest new players aswell. The DLC should have been only skins and coop/singleplayer missions at first, since those are not messing around with balance.

If commanders were not monetized right off the bat the existing ones could have been edited freely, abilities switched around or reworked completely. Now we have a bunch of DLC commanders, some of which are more useful than the others, but you can't rework them because some people have bought them. In my opinion, the new commanders (last couple of patches) should've been there since the beginning for free because I personally believe they reflect the uniqueness more than the old ones.

New DLC commanders should've been cheap and rather rare luxury and even then bundled up. Now new commanders are being introduced before the metagame even settles. It offers variety for sure, but I'd rather take a balanced, stable, enjoyable, deep core gameplay before adding more variety to it. The variety should come from the core first, and from the expansions later.
20 Nov 2013, 13:11 PM
Donator 22

why is it possible to play BF4 on a 64 players server without any lags there are too many port problems, lags etc. with coh2 :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★