Login

russian armor

What the PRO's think of COH2

PAGES (11)down
16 Nov 2013, 10:20 AM
Benefactor 117

First off im nowhere near a Pro COH/COH2 player, nether am i a veteran strategist or an experienced caster! So dont expect any statment of me! :) But its excactly those connoisseurs i want to attract with this post.

People like DevM, Aimstrong, Sepha, Symbiosis, Tommy, FatalSaint, StephenJF, Rogers, Marcus, Ami, HelpingHans, Siberian, Barton, DanielD, Twister, OMGPOP and all the others which ive missed to mention, whats your opinion on the game so far?
What needs to be fixed, changed or balanced in order to improve the game overall?!
16 Nov 2013, 10:28 AM

game have potential but Relic doesn't see it.
16 Nov 2013, 11:03 AM

When coh1 came out, it was worth than coh2, it took more than à year to get a balanced game. Patch after patch the game became better! And it'll be the same for coh2, we just have to wait and trust for relic!

As barton said, the game have a big potential and it'll a great but in the next weeks
16 Nov 2013, 11:11 AM

I'm not a COH2 pr0 player but... How can we expect balance within a year when there's commander after commander being released. They just constantly break balance.
16 Nov 2013, 11:20 AM

Actually we have to be honest, relic is making money for the moment, they wont stop to release op commandeurs for a while.

I already seen tons of good idea about balancing and with all feed-back from the community than relic have, they could easily balance it, and they'll do it but after some $$$ :)

I understand ppl are disapointed by that but I played 7 years on COh 1 alter it get balanced and it was awesome! This time will come for coh2 too but for now just play for fun :)

Wait & see
16 Nov 2013, 12:21 PM

The problem isn't the balance. At least not for me.
16 Nov 2013, 12:36 PM

they said they have great plan for COH2, guess we have to wait for another 7 years after they releasing tons of DLC and commanders, then they will probably really foucs the in-game balance
16 Nov 2013, 13:02 PM

The problem isn't the balance. At least not for me.

Same. Balance will sooner or later be fine. The problem is that the game has problem in its core. Apart from the fact that all these commanders are horrible for the game, it just feels off.

Things like the fact that units react much slower than in CoH1, the UI that still seems to be bad, the colours that are used on the maps (too much contrast and other stuff that I can't really explain, it's just much harder to notice important things compared to CoH1 and just in general too much confusion on the map). On the other hand a lot of things got casualized (vehicle reverse, usage of buildings, etc.), or changed without any sense (units coming from off-map instead of from the buildings itself, commanders only having 1 instead of 2 trees). On top of that they added a lot of abilities for all the units, which I personally absolutley dislike (why do we need all these things that were hated in CoH1 already - button for example - in CoH2?).

A lot of these changes make this game very stale. Basically the player that gets a number advantage somewhere on the map wins the skirmish. You don't see action-packed early games anymore, big flanks and stuff, simply because it is much more efficient to try to outnumber your opponent somewhere on the map, cap that part, and move on to another part.

I can't even really tell why I am so dissappointed, it just feels much worse than CoH1.

And yeah, I know I am comparing everything to CoH1.. but considering CoH1 was one of the best, if not the best (strategy) game out there, I don't see why I would not compare these two games. On top of that Starcraft showed that you can create a great follow-up without changing too much (of the core mechanics) as well.
17 Nov 2013, 07:13 AM

world number 1 PC gamer here (for every game)

Company™ of™ Heroes™ 2™ published by SEGA™ and made by RELIC™ is a "good game™"
17 Nov 2013, 07:40 AM

I've only made about 30 bucks off this game so I'm not quite pro yet, but:

Compared to vCoH, units don't respond as well, pathing with both vehicles and infantry is a serious issue. Twister pointed out to me the other day that in vCoH, the squad caught up to the fastest man in front. In CoH2, the squad waits for the slowest man to catch up; this makes infantry respond much worse. This plus the input lag makes for a frustrating experience microing.

There is too much visual clutter. It's sometimes hard to tell what is going on in a battle because the ground textures and the unit textures are too complex.

Balance is not something I'm concerned about because it takes a long time for the meta game to be worked out, and the devs are doing a good job listening, whatever you may think of the current state of DLC commanders.

I'd like tank traps to be non doctrinal, and for germans to have the option to lay an anti personnel mine that doesn't reveal itself with a polite sign.

I like most of the unit mechanics in CoH 2 more however. Snipers are more fun, artillery is more consistent instead of wiping a squad or missing completely, and true sight is an excellent addition.
17 Nov 2013, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2013, 07:40 AMDanielD
I've only made about 30 bucks off this game so I'm not quite pro yet, but:

Compared to vCoH, units don't respond as well, pathing with both vehicles and infantry is a serious issue. Twister pointed out to me the other day that in vCoH, the squad caught up to the fastest man in front. In CoH2, the squad waits for the slowest man to catch up; this makes infantry respond much worse. This plus the input lag makes for a frustrating experience microing.

There is too much visual clutter. It's sometimes hard to tell what is going on in a battle because the ground textures and the unit textures are too complex.

Balance is not something I'm concerned about because it takes a long time for the meta game to be worked out, and the devs are doing a good job listening, whatever you may think of the current state of DLC commanders.

I'd like tank traps to be non doctrinal, and for germans to have the option to lay an anti personnel mine that doesn't reveal itself with a polite sign.

I like most of the unit mechanics in CoH 2 more however. Snipers are more fun, artillery is more consistent instead of wiping a squad or missing completely, and true sight is an excellent addition.

I'm not a pro, but I love the CoH franchise and play in as many tournaments that I can.
I'll simply echo this, and add that CoH2 has too few teching options. If you got fuel, you got vehicles. There's no option to spend manpower or fuel to improve your existing army, only add to it.

Edit: And the mines. They make no sense and are too random. They either silently wipe a squad or you don't notice them; they don't even suppress, the other squad members just happily walks away unharmed.
17 Nov 2013, 11:16 AM

Permanently Banned
Funny to see all guys sur they are Pro of coh 2 Kappa.

I'm a pro of coh 2 DatSheffy.

It's not because you think you are pro, so You are a PRO ...

Need maybe a clear definition for everybody i think or something like this, but this concept is more than a individual opinion ..
17 Nov 2013, 11:22 AM
Developer Relic Badge

The game is for sure lacking many things compared to vcoh, from the resource system to the early game engagements, I can say that the game needs some core changes which me and some other coh1 "pros"/coh2.org staff have been trying to push relic to do with no response yet.
17 Nov 2013, 12:21 PM

Not a Pro, but I really miss vCoH early infantry game.
Cover is not important anymore, and small arms damage is very low.

German mines suck and True Sight,though interesting from a strategic point of view, creates a lot of odd behaviour in vehicles targeting units.

I have lost games just because my tank didn't want to shot a Panther hidden behind a peeble.
17 Nov 2013, 13:36 PM

I love the game, but the current meta is not to my liking.
17 Nov 2013, 14:10 PM

Balance/bugs is irrelevant to me but a lot of the design is just wrong imo and will not be easily changed.

-Blizzards
-Commander system
-True sight inconsistent
-Input lag
-RNG more important
-Infantry shoot rubber bullets (hopefully that will change)
-Generic resource system
-AT nade + faust functionality
-buildings
-every game vehicle rush
-silly super units (Elephant, Tiger Ace, ISU152)
-lack of splash damage
raw
17 Nov 2013, 14:31 PM

Balance/bugs is irrelevant to me but a lot of the design is just wrong imo and will not be easily changed.

Unfortunately yes.
17 Nov 2013, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2013, 12:21 PMGreeb

Cover is not important anymore.

This is fully not true!! Difference is huge between a cover squad and not being
17 Nov 2013, 15:27 PM

I like the idea of deep snow being an additional environmental element to the existing vcoh mechanics. Its like water, which slows down infantry movement and gives red cover. Vehicles can cross it and creates a breach, where infantry now can follow without limitations. Also a artillery strike can remove this kind of obstacle.

This deep snow can be a nice tool for creating new maps in world builder by using it as removal obstacle similar to hedges, trees and other stuff.

If its placed at flanks to a important map object, such as VP or high ressource point, you have the choice to either go for full frontal attack and loose alot of units or use artillery to remove the deep snow for flanking.

Blizzards should readd removed deep snow. Maybe decrease line of sight and weaken the combat performance of infantry (taking more damage, creating less damage because of cold), but never kill infantry.

Environmental mechanics such as water, cover or streets just change modifiers for the guns by gaining or loosing an advantage, but never kill something.
Thats what the players weapons are for.
17 Nov 2013, 16:08 PM

This is fully not true!! Difference is huge between a cover squad and not being

Not the way it was in vCoH.

Cover makes much less impact in early battles, and usually being in cover only makes you much more vulnerable to nades/riflenades/molos and mortars.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS