Login

russian armor

Dear developers! What is going on with CoH?

20 Nov 2013, 16:48 PM

why is it possible to play BF4 on a 64 players server without any lags there are too many port problems, lags etc. with coh2 :/

It's because games like BF4 run on dedicated servers. While CoH2 uses a crappy peer to peer system.
20 Nov 2013, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 20:01 PMNoun

I think that's a fair point, for sure. The races thing is a hold over from people who are more used to talking about Starcraft or Warcraft where "race" is a thing that's relevant to talk about unlike a WW 2 game where it can be considered offensive.

Obviously we're all humans, and thus race isn't something that we need to be talking about. We should be saying "faction" instead.

Yet the "Factions" in this game is referenced to as "Races" in the game files, and in the official changelog that you have written you reference the "Factions" as "Races"

;)
20 Nov 2013, 19:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge

okay nullist and Ciez im am deeply disappointed in both of you for letting this go this far. cmon guys take it to pms or don't have it at all. both of you i believe are adults here maybe im wrong.

so yea nothing to see here move along people.
21 Nov 2013, 06:14 AM

Id like to see an improved cover system. The one now is kind of choppy. Maybe build upon the physics engine maybe? Or add more negative effects to not using cover?
raw
23 Nov 2013, 09:15 AM

% of RTS player numbers are at an historical all-time low b/c strategy games are unintuitive (i.e hard) by definition. if i was after big money in video games i would make another WoW expansion. to answer your question, not many people will play coh2 in a year but no one makes an RTS game and seriously expects 12 million players on their servers. therefore, op, your number comparisons kinda miss reality. making strategy games already is almost exclusively for that warm fuzzy feelings in your heart that someone, somewhere in this galaxy actually cares about your work.

i would not be too surprised if we see relic's take on LoL in the next 1-3 years.
25 Nov 2013, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:40 PMNoun

Yup! We're reading that, for sure. We're aware of it, but I believe that's also the thread where I'm called a Nazi which is not quite what we mean by constructive. I don't feel like arguing with people, so while we're definitely taking in feedback when it is constructive, we're allowing conversations to develop naturally within the community without interceding at this point.

sry, but there are one or two guys writing shit like that nazi stuff, the rest is very constructive and one of the best feedback threads in all coh forums! there posting people who are palyin coh from the begining and have a lot of ideas and facts to make the game better.
25 Nov 2013, 13:19 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 18:17 PMNullist
Alrighty then Noun. Thanks for the reply on your day off and all.

Big pro tip though:
-Please convey the message to the whichever teams are involved, that the Beta crew needs to know what to test specifically for your next release.
-As far as Ive read, you got a good spread of players there, from our best communtiy pros, to absolute noobs. Use em. Give them a mission, tell them what needs testing the fk out of and Im sure they will gladly do it.

It seems they have been swamped with too many options, but dont know what needs priority right now for what you have planned. They sre under NDA, of a sorts anyways, and so far there has only been one leak.

Give them some direction so they knwo what you need tested and done, and Im sure they will gladly deliver in spades.

Dont make me sign up to Beta and come spam up your boards! MvGame.

Edited to add: From a community perspective, and as a guy who reads this forum religiously, Im telling you flat out this game cannot sustain another unbalanced/untested DLC Commander launch. This stuff HAS to be screened properly before next launch. This is seriosuly crucial for the reputation of the game. OP DLC Commanders may sell well, but it kills the multiplsyer pool, which kills the game. It also reduces sales of the other DLC Commanders. Im sure you cam see that from your internal sales figures.

The next DLC Commander release absolutely must be atleast mostly balanced.
Please man, we are dying here. We love the game but are hemorraghing players by the dozen.
TLDR:Let the Beta know what they need to test, so they cam give you the feedback you need to do it right.
We are all counting on you guys to make this game great and something we can continue to finance and play for years to come. We will buy the DLC, no worries, but please make sure its been screened properly first. 2 times, we can handle it, a third time... I think thats it.

+1
25 Nov 2013, 13:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Its simple really.

Make your point, support it with explanation, even better with stats or video.

That is the best and finest feedback you can give.
Make it easy for professionals at Relic to identify concisely the message and take it into consideration.
Nothing personal in any of it it, just pure balance argumentation and discussion.

The problem and hard part is then beating off trolls, fanbois and playercard-fascists from derailing or destoying the thread. We have fortunately few of them here on coh2.org, and standard of posting and feedback is high, but it really only takes one asshat to fuck everything up for everyone else.
25 Nov 2013, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 09:15 AMraw
% of RTS player numbers are at an historical all-time low b/c strategy games are unintuitive (i.e hard) by definition. if i was after big money in video games i would make another WoW expansion. to answer your question, not many people will play coh2 in a year but no one makes an RTS game and seriously expects 12 million players on their servers. therefore, op, your number comparisons kinda miss reality. making strategy games already is almost exclusively for that warm fuzzy feelings in your heart that someone, somewhere in this galaxy actually cares about your work.

i would not be too surprised if we see relic's take on LoL in the next 1-3 years.

They tried some sort of hybrid LoL and WoW with COH:Online - epic fail.
26 Nov 2013, 01:21 AM

Keep in mind CoHO had to compete with vCoH for players, as there was no CoH2 at the time. What it did most of all was give vCoH a much needed infusion of new, interested players, especially at a time when a patch to release version 2.601 seemed bleak.

As much of a fail as CoHO was in and of itself, I think it achieved a pretty good goal: bringing renewed interest to the franchise. I had played vCoH for a while when I first tried out CoHO. I thought it was laughably non-competitive, but I really enjoyed the prospect of having 3v3 and 4v4 automatches.

I played both vCoH and CoHO in those capacities extensively.

A highly modified 'competitive multiplayer' mode with ladders, official tournaments, etc, perhaps costing funds, suits the RTS world well. A free, non competitive version to appeal to the masses, get them interested, and perhaps get them watching others players. Players in a non-free, competitive, possibly even modified, mode showcasing their skills to hopefully in turn drive further and more widespread interest in the game.
26 Nov 2013, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 13:28 PMZtormi
So your solution to decreasing number of players is to introduce even more DLC? Last DLC was released a week ago and it definitely didn't increase the amount players. Infact, it had quite the opposite effect I think.

You're wrong. It resulted in a decent spike in the number of players.
26 Nov 2013, 21:33 PM

You're wrong. It resulted in a decent spike in the number of players.

Yes, players attracted by the novelty.
But once they see that the game is more unbalanced and boring than ever they leave again, and with them they are leaving too old players disappointed with the direction the game has taken.

The number of players have been declining inexorably since release. And ironically, the Turning Point patch has worsened the situation with its stupid commanders.
26 Nov 2013, 21:55 PM

I came back to try the new commanders but they were not enough. They are not why I stopped again. Coh2 just feels boring. No idea how the fun factor should be upped, competitive/balanced/unbalanced, none matter if people aren't first having fun.
27 Nov 2013, 04:08 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 17:07 PMNoun
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think it's fair to compare our player base size to that of DOTA. Valve's very very good at what they do, and they are building their game off of a successful games marketplace that helps to drive revenue and it's a free-to-play game so there's no barrier to entry.

All credit to them it's also a pretty fun game, though I'm not a huge multiplayer online battle arena fan myself. Still I've dabbled in it a bit over the past year.

You ideas are pretty great, and something like native voices is something that we're looking at doing if possible. It's mostly a question of how to prioritize stuff like that, would that be more popular with fans than another feature.

As for expansions and new armies? Well we're still pretty early in the game's life cycle for things like that. Remember the game has only been out since June (5 months ago now). I think if you compare it to what we did with the original you may have some ideas of how we see the timing of things like expansions going.

Bring back British faction into coh 2 and make everyone happy!
27 Nov 2013, 04:32 AM

Someone needs a faction.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
Germany 659
Netherlands 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L