Login

russian armor

OKW best beginner faction?

31 Dec 2021, 13:45 PM

usf 1v1 4v4 56percent win rate
okw 1v1 45percent win rate and 4v4 55win rate
so u know choose which

That's from top 200 stats, that's in 1v1, 4v4 top stats are absolutely redundant, because of a small sample size.
Also if you are starting or mid rank, even top 10 to 15 percentile, those stats are generally useless for you in anything, but balance discussions. And btw those stats say jack about difficulty of a particular faction
3 Jan 2022, 00:01 AM

The Obers terminators, retreat-able ATG, unflankable ISG thanks to Schwere HQ, almost invulnerable, easy to preserve Panthers and KT, that fraction really getting on my nerve.

Whoever in the stupid balance team made this originally crippled but required to choose their move very strategally and mindfully, into a Übermensch A move crap, thanks for ruining the game. Even AOE4 Firelancers are better than these piece of shit.
3 Jan 2022, 13:48 PM

The Obers terminators, retreat-able ATG, unflankable ISG thanks to Schwere HQ, almost invulnerable, easy to preserve Panthers and KT, that fraction really getting on my nerve.

Whoever in the stupid balance team made this originally crippled but required to choose their move very strategally and mindfully, into a Übermensch A move crap, thanks for ruining the game. Even AOE4 Firelancers are better than these piece of shit.

Lmao, OKW also does not have t0-hmg (which means that if your adversary pins you down with early hmg it's 99% gg), they do not have caches (which means it's either rush fuel or have no teching), getting schwere killed results in pretty much game over, they do not have free base healing without limiting tech options. Overall, it's a give some get some faction. Unlike other unbalanced pos factions like UKF.

On a funny note,
3 Jan 2022, 14:51 PM

Lmao, OKW also does not have t0-hmg (which means that if your adversary pins you down with early hmg it's 99% gg)

The fuck does that have to do with not having a tier 0 hmg? You don't use hmgs to counter hmgs

OKW can have trouble with hmgs because of their access to indirect (which has been partially fixed)

USF doesn't have a tier 0 hmg either, do they get spanked by mgs? No. Because they have a mortar
3 Jan 2022, 16:02 PM

The fuck does that have to do with not having a tier 0 hmg? You don't use hmgs to counter hmgs

OKW can have trouble with hmgs because of their access to indirect (which has been partially fixed)

USF doesn't have a tier 0 hmg either, do they get spanked by mgs? No. Because they have a mortar

I don't think you understood what I said.

I meant that if you play against OKW, it is a viable tactic for you to use hmg on them because for the first 5-10mins of the game (barring some masterful micro of kubel that only <1% of players possess) they cannot under any circumstances respond to that. No mortar, no smoke. Maybe flanking I guess, but a good player will make 2 hmgs to defend mid and flank.

Anyway, my point is that OKW have no hard counters to hmg play and that fact if used properly can pretty much annihilate them from the get go by a decent allied player for example by starving them of fuel or muni and bleeding their mp.
3 Jan 2022, 16:22 PM

kubel is the most overrated unit in the game micro wise

all you do is drive up to a squad, damage it and then you retreat to repair, then you repeat this process until you get vet 1 and the ability, then you retire it for the rest of the game
3 Jan 2022, 16:50 PM

I don't think you understood what I said.

I meant that if you play against OKW, it is a viable tactic for you to use hmg on them because for the first 5-10mins of the game (barring some masterful micro of kubel that only <1% of players possess) they cannot under any circumstances respond to that. No mortar, no smoke. Maybe flanking I guess, but a good player will make 2 hmgs to defend mid and flank.

You didn't mention mortars or smoke the first time, but okay. That's why I brought up indirect and used the USF example. Doesn't really matter
4 Jan 2022, 09:09 AM

starting solution is same as UKF - sandbags. Dug in, counterattack from green cover, setup a med Battlegroup and then just spam smoke with leig. Then build hmg42, AAHT and rak to solidify your position. Just to be on the safe side vs MG spammer JLIs are great as well. You can also get a 221 and efficiently bleed the enemy.
4 Jan 2022, 12:54 PM

Hey man. I see your post. Slightly offtopic here -- would you still have that replay of the rifles and the mg42? Still very curious to see that.

Thanks!
4 Jan 2022, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2021, 12:07 PMPereat
*They have the safest bases that prevent infantry and light vehicle base-rushes.
*No-tech AT guns so you never get rushed with vehicles without an answer
*AT gun with retreat - much less likely to lose them if you missmacro
*No weapon drops for mainline inf so you are not feeding the enemy your weapons if you lose squads
*Free-ish weapon and nade unlocks (baked into tech and cheaper overall)
*Strong nondoc elite inf lategame that can replace volks losses (less punishing to lose inf)
*Extra support and protection if you build shwere outside of base sector
*Nondoc super heavy tank that can be build even if you lose strutures

Is there a faction that is better or similarly good for a new player?

I'd probably put OKW pretty high on "hard to learn" list, mostly because they have so many strange and unique "features" that don't carry over to any other faction. In a vacuum, sure, they're fairly straightforward to learn; but as soon as a new player tries a different faction, they'll need to learn a lot more. Regarding your points:

1. Only if you're playing 1v1, otherwise you'll probably get OST bunkers. Also, relying on base defenses isn't a great plan, and realistically, base-rushes aren't all that common.

2. While Raks are more forgiving, it can also teach you 'not-ideal' ATG usage (pushing too far, etc.) and reliance on camo, which no other ATGs have (non-doc). I also find they're frustratingly inaccurate.

3. Yes, but you also can't pickup weapon drops on mainlines once you get STGs, so it's sort of a trade-off.

4. This is the same on OST.

5. They're strong, but tricky to use; they'll show up quite squishy and be competing with Vet 2 or 3 upgraded infantry, which will force them to retreat quite quickly if you're not careful. Once they get vet, yes, they're very powerful.

6. I find that the KT is a bit of a "beginners trap"; the only time to build it is if you're winning by an incredible margin already. Otherwise, you've spent an incredible amount of resources on a single, slow, tank that can be countered (or at least, held off) quite easily by pairs of TDs. I find that it's much better to get a JP4 and P4, or really any other combination of stock tanks.

Overall, I'd recommend learning OST first. They have a linear tech order (unlike OKW) which means you'll never miss standard units, simple base healing, and a generally strong roster of units. Except for LV rushes, they generally don't have a downside for beginner players, unless the player has trouble preserving squads. Learning OST will also tech the fundamentals of every other faction in the game, which OKW might not.
4 Jan 2022, 23:21 PM

kubel is the most overrated unit in the game micro wise

all you do is drive up to a squad, damage it and then you retreat to repair, then you repeat this process until you get vet 1 and the ability, then you retire it for the rest of the game

oh, yeah, kubel is totally a beginner noob unit. that's why you've used it so much right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★