Login

russian armor

US Reverse Lend Lease commander

26 Oct 2021, 13:52 PM

Complete and utterly ficticious commander idea for the lols here:

0CP: Raid Tactics - Raid tactics.

0CP: T34/76 Reserves - Uncle Sam has asked Mother Russia to give them the blueprints for T34 tanks, as a result, T34s can be built at T4. This US version of the T34 lacks ram, because reasons.

2CP: PPSH Tactics - Riflemen and Rear Echelon Squads can be upgraded with a pair of PPSH submachine guns, taking up two slots of weapon space.

2CP: Lend-Lease Rangers - These rangers, can be upgraded with either 3x PTRS rifles , 3x SVTs or 1x DP28. Any one of the upgrades take up all weapon slots.

8CP: ML-20 Howitzer - Rear echelon squads can build an ML-20 howitzer. Self explanatory.

How OP would it be?
26 Oct 2021, 14:15 PM

it would be a very shitty doctrine in my honest opinion

raid tactics - alright i guess

t-34/76 - completely pointless due to the existence of the sherman, historically and thematically this doesn't fit the faction either

PPSH tactics: weak, give riflemen x5 ppshs or upgrade to 6 man squad with x6 ppsh.

Rangers: the PTRS would be pretty useless straight up, svt count increased to x6 or x2 dp-28 at the very least, or combining and having a x2 ptrs/x2 dp-28 guard clone with svts as secondary rifles

and the ml-20 is pretty alright, this alone would probably be the reason this doctrine gets picked in team mode
26 Oct 2021, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2021, 14:15 PMKatukov

t-34/76 - completely pointless due to the existence of the sherman, historically and thematically this doesn't fit the faction either

Yes. That's why I said the commander was completely ficticious. Sherman isn't that good in teamgames and I just wanted an excuse to give USF T34s :clap:.

PPSH tactics: weak, give riflemen x5 ppshs or upgrade to 6 man squad with x6 ppsh.

Not even cons get an entire squad's worth of PPSH's and they are pretty strong in close range where they weren't beforehand. Meanwhile riflemen are already pretty good in close range so I think it's probably fine. Maybe an extra PPSH to lower the mid range damage a bit more but honestly unless they're getting a different version of the PPSH I think 6 would be insane.

Rangers: the PTRS would be pretty useless straight up, svt count increased to x6 or x2 dp-28 at the very least, or combining and having a x2 ptrs/x2 dp-28 guard clone with svts as secondary rifles

Coming pre-equipped with PTRS sounds good but it would just give US too much momentum b/c then they don't have to spend as much munitions on their AT, therefore they can spend more on BARs for their infantry. I think they should have to upgrade for them, but it could be like a quick upgrade and cheaper compared to 2 bazookas.

and the ml-20 is pretty alright, this alone would probably be the reason this doctrine gets picked in team mode

Most likely.

EDIT: I bungled the formatting.
26 Oct 2021, 15:19 PM

No offense, but don't you have better things to do than make such pointless threads?
Again, no offense.
26 Oct 2021, 15:48 PM

No offense, but don't you have better things to do than make such pointless threads?
Again, no offense.

None taken. Don't you have better things to do that to engage pointless threads with pointless comments? It would seem we all have our vices :D.
26 Oct 2021, 16:04 PM

None taken. Don't you have better things to do that to engage pointless threads with pointless comments? It would seem we all have our vices :D.

Fair enough. I concede
26 Oct 2021, 16:27 PM

Aren't SVT a downgrade from what the rangers come with now stock? The upgrade would literally have to be X3 PTRS or X3 LMG, maybe PPSH with armor upgrade so they become USF Shocks.

PPSH upgrade for Rifles would be worse than what conscripts get so it would have to be really cheap to take both slots. Maybe give Sprint and Molotov also to make it worth it.
26 Oct 2021, 18:04 PM

As history……I think it should be German Commander,maybe could rework OKW Scavenge Doc like this……
26 Oct 2021, 21:36 PM

Yes. That's why I said the commander was completely ficticious. Sherman isn't that good in teamgames and I just wanted an excuse to give USF T34s :clap:.

yes but i do not see a gameplay reason for usf getting the t-34, makes no sense, not even the good t-34 but the bad 90 fuel one.

Not even cons get an entire squad's worth of PPSH's and they are pretty strong in close range where they weren't beforehand. Meanwhile riflemen are already pretty good in close range so I think it's probably fine. Maybe an extra PPSH to lower the mid range damage a bit more but honestly unless they're getting a different version of the PPSH I think 6 would be insane.

conscripts get x4 ppsh (previously x3) and are 240mp, riflemen are 280mp, penal battalions 290 and they get full ppshs, but nobody used them while they were obtainable for 1cp. PPSh is good, but not that good that only 2 will suffice.

Coming pre-equipped with PTRS sounds good but it would just give US too much momentum b/c then they don't have to spend as much munitions on their AT, therefore they can spend more on BARs for their infantry. I think they should have to upgrade for them, but it could be like a quick upgrade and cheaper compared to 2 bazookas.

the PTRS is still completely inferior to the bazooka that the rangers would normally get. they are elite infantry so they should receive the full power of their upgrades, like the soviet equivalents do (except ass guards who only are worth for their bazookas)

Most likely.

EDIT: I bungled the formatting.

the ml-20 is nothing impressive but its still static arty, that the US lack
26 Oct 2021, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2021, 21:36 PMKatukov

yes but i do not see a gameplay reason for usf getting the t-34, makes no sense, not even the good t-34 but the bad 90 fuel one.

Cheap tank you can afford to lose flanking axis heavy tanks and bullying infantry. I know I'd rather have T34s backed up by jacksons than Shermans backed up by jacksons.

conscripts get x4 ppsh (previously x3) and are 240mp, riflemen are 280mp, penal battalions 290 and they get full ppshs, but nobody used them while they were obtainable for 1cp. PPSh is good, but not that good that only 2 will suffice

Alright sure. Say 4-5 but it takes up all weapon slots. Sounds alright to me.

the PTRS is still completely inferior to the bazooka that the rangers would normally get. they are elite infantry so they should receive the full power of their upgrades, like the soviet equivalents do (except ass guards who only are worth for their bazookas)

Nobody's making you upgrade the PTRS. It's not like they can't just get bazookas from the weapon racks like everyone else. It was just for the option of it, costing less than bazookas, like I said. Then you can use the munitions elsewhere. The idea was a little versatility. As for the DP28 yeah they could probably do with two just fine.

the ml-20 is nothing impressive but its still static arty, that the US lack

Yes

EDIT: Oh and btw, for the PTRS upgrade I was thinking the rangers get the soviet AT grenade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★