Login

russian armor

Sandstorms (AKA Sandtech)

28 Jul 2021, 17:08 PM

This is going to be either love it or hate it from portions of the community. If it's going to happen it needs to be either limited to certain maps that people can veto and avoid, be a separate queue, or just be a feature for custom games that the weather die hards can play. I don't see it being a regular feature in ranked play going over well.
29 Jul 2021, 03:14 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm sensing a lot of pushback here... and let me just say that it doesn't have to be exactly like ColdTech.

It may not have to be in automatch, but could be an option to enable in custom battles like we have now. We could also see it in automatch but maybe not when/if there are temporary league matchmaking in effect (the temporary ladders being a wish for many)

Let me address another point, that of sandstorms being purely visual. This is preposterous. If they are to be implemented they ought to have some impact on the game. It doesn't have to be a large one, it could just be a light to moderate visibility and/or movement penalty.

If in automatch, the time between and duration of storms ought to be standardized across all maps. In custom games, those values ought to be customizable and with a wide breadth. For example, the host could set the sandstorms to be on permanently until a condition is met, such as time elapsed or VP count.
31 Jul 2021, 04:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

the sandstorm could just be a weather effect and not affect the gameplay.
31 Jul 2021, 11:58 AM

As mentioned above: Small Sight decrease, might be sufficent enough
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight