Login

russian armor

Turn Off Lights at specific time in match?

23 Jul 2021, 20:22 PM

I have my streetlights turned on via this bit of scar code in my maps .scar file

function OnInit()
EGroup_SetAnimatorState(eg_streetlights, "Light", "On")
end

Scar_AddInit(OnInit)

Is there anyway to turn this off at a specific time? Either via action markers, or any bits of scar coding. I noticed there was a commander to clear entity groups, and I thought that might work, but I don't know how to implement it at a specific time.
26 Jul 2021, 22:32 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

You can do it via transitions, and they have a timer for transitions entirely. This used to be the work around to have a 1 second transition at the start of a match to turn on lights.

So you can do it this way and set a timer.

However I remember this being an extremely buggy and water-downed version of what was available in vcoh.
27 Jul 2021, 01:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2021, 22:32 PMTric
You can do it via transitions, and they have a timer for transitions entirely. This used to be the work around to have a 1 second transition at the start of a match to turn on lights.

So you can do it this way and set a timer.

However I remember this being an extremely buggy and water-downed version of what was available in vcoh.

I have transitions set up to go from just before dawn to midday, and the lights already turn off in worldbuilder when I run the preview of the transitions. So I don't really think the all of the transition menu is working. Unless you can show me a map where its working, then I'll go look there
27 Jul 2021, 11:20 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

That's what I meant by "extremely buggy water-downed version".

It could be any multitude of things they haven't fixed. Like variable states, or water, ect;

Other than what I suggested above I don't know exactly what would work besides some scar shenanigans.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★