Login

russian armor

Heavy Fortification Doctrine

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
21 Jul 2021, 17:12 PM

Either I'm not speaking English or I don't know.

I'm not saying that is not true, but how exactly does hulldown have absolutely 0 downsides for a fixed gun vehicle with no turret.

That's what I'm asking yet people keep on blabber about everything else but what I'm talking about specifically.

we already know the downside, which is that you cant adjust aim beyond a limited arc of fire, without moving the whole vehicle around.

It isn't too much of an issue because you can instantly make it mobile and either retreat or setup in a different position

besides panther hull down outranges the su-85 xDDDDDD
21 Jul 2021, 17:34 PM

And again I never said anything else but hulldown having 0 down sides for a fixed gun vehicle with no turret being a very dubious claim.

THen your not contributing to the topic, dont know what to tell you

The topic is clearly about more than hull down. Try your hardest to actually think about the entire thing . OR just take a hike

Cp4 aura is super strong in team games, elefant too. Panzer tact is strong in every game mode. Overall its too strong in team games

Cp4 aura shouldnt effect teammates

Either I'm not speaking English or I don't know.

Its the second part
21 Jul 2021, 18:39 PM

Indeed, AA units require significant micro and recon planes need to be removed in a hotfix. They are OP, in contrast to easily counterable flares.

AA require manpower/fuel and eat popcap and for USF faction a specific tech. Building an AA specifically for loiter planes have more downside than hulldown which is free in any aspect of the game.

Now the question isn't if Loiter is OP but giving the perfect synergy for the Axis faction, you get the elefant that keep armor at bay and you get the loiter for your mate so he can deal with what best counter the elefant.
22 Jul 2021, 08:38 AM

Think we can all agree that:
"Elefant Hulldown with 0 downside other than the 10 sec before being active..."
is a hyperbole at least and we can move on.

As for the commander is it more popular than Jaeger?
22 Jul 2021, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2021, 08:38 AMVipper
Think we can all agree that:
"Elefant Hulldown with 0 downside other than the 10 sec before being active..."
is a hyperbole at least and we can move on.

As for the commander is it more popular than Jaeger?

Much more to the cmdrs power than just hull down though. OP is right imo the synergy is too much. CP4 aura is relly OP in team games imo

Idk if its more popular than jaeger armor, but thats like the most popular cmdr ever. Spotting scope 222 + ele is no joke in teams too
23 Jul 2021, 10:22 AM

THen your not contributing to the topic, dont know what to tell you

The topic is clearly about more than hull down. Try your hardest to actually think about the entire thing . OR just take a hike

Cp4 aura is super strong in team games, elefant too. Panzer tact is strong in every game mode. Overall its too strong in team games

Cp4 aura shouldnt effect teammates

Its the second part

I know that you don't know what to tell me but you're not contributing anything to the topic either as you're only here to try and troll and that's why you started this argument with me but I'm the only one getting censored instead.

And you also accuse me of not playing the game but I think it's becoming pretty evident that you haven't really played it actually as you don't have a full understanding on the game's mechanics or how it works in reality so you should feel free to take a hike instead, kid.

The Command Panzer IV is a very squishy unit unlike the OKW's Command Panther and Command Tiger, the elefant needs good micro on open maps to be effective plus be supported well unless you want it to get flanked or on late/bridge maps where it can just camp a single sector and everything in front of it dies, plus it benefits more from a 222 with Spotting Scopes rather than hull down where it can't turn which should have been camo with a first strike bonus instead, same with the StuG and Stupa.

And don't complain to me about Panzer Tactician or the Command Panzer IV, I didn't make those units or say anything about them, you did.

If I was in charge of balance and design things would have been different but yet here we are and I didn't notice you voicing your opinion on the commander feedback threads, coupled with your low amount of posts and it's becoming clear that you most probably got the game in the recent sale and now you believe you're some sort of god at the game. If not then again I invite you to provide any evidence proving the opposite.

Look who's talking, I think it's pretty hypocritical telling me you don't know what to tell me and then saying that I don't know but I guess it comes with the turf of being new to the game.
23 Jul 2021, 10:33 AM

I know that you don't know what to tell me but you're not contributing anything to the topic either as you're only here to try and troll and that's why you started this argument with me but I'm the only one getting censored instead.

And you also accuse me of not playing the game but I think it's becoming pretty evident that you haven't really played it actually as you don't have a full understanding on the game's mechanics or how it works in reality so you should feel free to take a hike instead, kid.

The Command Panzer IV is a very squishy unit unlike the OKW's Command Panther and Command Tiger, the elefant needs good micro on open maps to be effective plus be supported well unless you want it to get flanked or on late/bridge maps where it can just camp a single sector and everything in front of it dies, plus it benefits more from a 222 with Spotting Scopes rather than hull down where it can't turn which should have been camo with a first strike bonus instead, same with the StuG and Stupa.

And don't complain to me about Panzer Tactician or the Command Panzer IV, I didn't make those units or say anything about them, you did.

If I was in charge of balance and design things would have been different but yet here we are and I didn't notice you voicing your opinion on the commander feedback threads, coupled with your low amount of posts and it's becoming clear that you most probably got the game in the recent sale and now you believe you're some sort of god at the game. If not then again I invite you to provide any evidence proving the opposite.

Look who's talking, I think it's pretty hypocritical telling me you don't know what to tell me and then saying that I don't know but I guess it comes with the turf of being new to the game.

a long wall of text for a guy who doesn't think that a 100 range ferdinand isn't extremely potent to say the least, not even mentioning the use of aerial or infrared HT recon

if you unironically compare a 100 fuel p4 with a 200 fuel panther and even more expensive tiger (and ignore that the "fragile" p4 has the free jail smoke), im glad to hear that you aren't in the balance team LOL! man makes all valid points and you deflect them with insults instead of addressing them
23 Jul 2021, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2021, 10:33 AMKatukov
im glad to hear that you aren't in the balance team LOL! man makes all valid points and you deflect them with insults instead of addressing them

I sincerly hope the balance team doesn't take this forum into account at all. There're about 5 people on here (not me) that can make a decent assessment of a problem and give decent countermeasures.
23 Jul 2021, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2021, 11:35 AMKatukov
"unbiased" forum poster named Oberstumfuhrer Cumdolf Hotler

Oberstumfuhrer Cumdolf Hotler actually had me there, haha.

Would most of the problem of this doctrine be solved if the 'hulldown' would have a 2-5 seconds break-down time?

Personally I'd even change it so the set-up time would make the vehicle immobile, and unable to shoot/aim. Then buff the set-up time from 10 seconds to 5 seconds. The break-down time should also make the vehicle immobile, and unable to shoot/aim and set that to 2-5 seconds. That way, if you flank an elephant you get 2-5 seconds 'free' to shoot it (ofcourse depending on the player, if he keeps an eye on his elephant or not).

PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
unknown 23
Peru 19
United Kingdom 195
Germany 33
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias