Login

russian armor

Base building automatons

15 Jul 2021, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2021, 12:28 PMKatitof
I'll just address 3, because that's most important here.

It is not about significance of the decision, its about the fact we have gross inequality in making that decision, only 2 out of 5 factions are forced to make actual tactical decision impacting their field presence and tech timings directly while remaining 3 just derp around without giving it a second thought.

I'd be equally fine if all potential factions had to make the choice, but they don't, hence it directly impacts balance of tech timing and costs by requirement or lack of it for presence of engineer for specific factions.

Why do you keep coming back to faction equality when we are arguing about a new game. What you seem to be saying is that all factions should be equal in this regard. Why does that make automatons a good change? Why not let all factions build with pios? Do you disagree with my explanation above about why letting pios build stuff is better in terms of gameplay depth?

15 Jul 2021, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2021, 13:22 PMGiaA

Why do you keep coming back to faction equality when we are arguing about a new game. What you seem to be saying is that all factions should be equal in this regard. Why does that make automatons a good change? Why not let all factions build with pios? Do you disagree with my explanation above about why letting pios build stuff is better in terms of gameplay depth?

My last paragraph of the post you quoted answers that, I could've worded it better, because I'm writing that all in CoH3 context "but they don't" part being most unclear, I support universal solution here, regardless if its "all faction have automatic building" or "all factions need to use engi".

I'm simply saying that, contrary to what we got in coh2, in coh3 all factions should have the same decision base in terms of teching pace, either all should be force to retreat specific unit or none, no mix-ups.
15 Jul 2021, 13:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2021, 13:16 PMKatitof

You were mostly pointing out CoH2 specifics which made your actual point quite obscure.

But we're on the same side on this one. I assume they'll stick to automatons judging by what Relic said about the game so far. Seems to be the safer road and also more easily expandable as you said.
15 Jul 2021, 13:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I would like the ability to powerbuild / cut down time to construct significantly by assisting the automatons with engineers (or conversely, increase time for automatons to construct unaided)

-> restores element of choice / decisionmaking / tradeoffs - can rush out units if your macro strategy relies on it
-> less crippling to lose an engineer in the early game (not bad in itself, but perhaps not a design path COH3 is going for), but still results in meaningful punishment for the enemy should you wipe a key squad
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★