Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
29 Jan 2014, 14:35 PM

2 Feb 2014, 20:16 PM

Aimstrong vs Symbiosis Game 2
15:20

Snipers still need some work
2 Feb 2014, 22:09 PM

Bombing run is just pityful vs Stugs, Stugs does not deserve to have a better modifier vs it than any other tank. (1x opposed to 2x for all other tanks)
For 250 munitions .. it should be a natural Stug counter.

It was great at taking everything else out though. :p
4 Feb 2014, 17:08 PM

Why do people think Terror was selected almost unanimously? Was it because Halftracks were more attractive than Medbunkers? Or was that more of a result of going Terror than a cause for it?

Or was it Tommy's ninja buffs for the KT?
4 Feb 2014, 17:46 PM

The KT is too powerful to pass up and the whole doc has better synergy with (relatively) small T1 into T2 + infantry vet.
4 Feb 2014, 18:01 PM

I'm just happy we saw AB! :D
There's always just been so much Terror, I guess it is as Purli says, it's just a great combo with the current T1/T2 meta.
4 Feb 2014, 18:35 PM

Airborne has always been a good doc. Now that bombing run has been (kind of) buffed it's even more of a viable alternative to infantry.

Armor is still shitty for 1v1, callies are too expensive (MP and popcap wise, which is a good thing I guess) and the Pershing is complete crap against the KT. The way to tackle the late game wehr tanks like the KT, tiger and to a lesser extent panthers is to take out their supporting units which air and inf can do quite easily (bombing run/recon run or on/offmap howie) while armor has no real way to deal with them unless they somehow have 1.5k manpower and a dozen cps just lying around for a calli + persh. Even AWM rushes struggle to get cost-efficient trades against vehicles supported by paks, schrecks and mines.

The Persh performs well against T3 strategies without T2, since it absolutely destroys stugs, but is relatively weak to paks and even schrecked grens despite its high splash and field reps. Problem is, no one really plays solo T3 anymore since the T2 + T3 combo is just too good to pass up.
4 Feb 2014, 22:35 PM

King Tiger was weak and lackluster in every single game, except the one from Aimstrong sitting on the semois bridge which got some lucky shots off. And that game he dominated anyways, Maccarronni barely had counters available.
Really with new M10 in da house there's no place for the KT.

The power of terror lies in that first 1 cp ability called Zeal. It's a free boost to your infantry which complements a dynamic Wehr playstyle throughout the whole game. Personally I never felt I had enough munitions to go for the fatherland, or I was never in a situation (all in flank from US) I needed it. Although in my mind I was determined to go def doc in my 3rd game vs Pepsi on Langres. Which we couldn't play unfortunately.

Take Zeal away from Terror and nobody picks it.
5 Feb 2014, 00:32 AM

Its been infantry vs terror in 9 out of 10 games for years now.

Def is a gamble in the sence that if you don't win in the first 20 minutes you probably won't win at all since it offers nothing in late game. Blitz can be very powerful mid game (imba stuh duh) but is still less attractive in the long run than gren buff + a cheap submarine on wheels + off map arty of two kinds.

I disagree with Purli on uselessness of armor, its a very powerful late game doc, but requires a certain playstyle to go with it and flawless play to survive till the goodies. Air is totally usable and I personally regret I didn't go blatant sniper + recon in my fail us games, but ofc suffers from the lack of artillery, meaning you will get owned by nebels eventually if you don't win fast. Inf just safest as a whole, minespam and arty come in very handy in early-mid stages, OMCG is always a nice boost to swing the tide later on.

Doctrines aside and considering we are theorycrafting and still hoping for future changes for whatever the reason, I do believe wm t3 really needs to be looked at and tuned down. As well as some other minor issues like wm ht supression rate, t1 changes from last patch etc.
5 Feb 2014, 02:38 AM

Doctrines aside and considering we are theorycrafting and still hoping for future changes for whatever the reason, I do believe wm t3 really needs to be looked at and tuned down. As well as some other minor issues like wm ht supression rate, t1 changes from last patch etc.

Ht suppression is actually on my list since very long time xp
You don't think tier 1 is even now? I think the jeep buff and the riflemen reinforce costs balanced it out. But that's just my opinion ...

Future changes are actually easy to be made. The main question is if there is still enough interest in such mod.

About defensive lategame: I disagree, Flak 88 provides great cover for mechanized lategame play. + 2 types of Arty ... :p

5 Feb 2014, 13:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2014, 02:38 AM12ocky

Future changes are actually easy to be made. The main question is if there is still enough interest in such mod.

How about we make a petition to relic to implement the changes in Elite mod in the next patch, i mean, its just copy paste, shouldn't be that expensive, unless i'm missing something. Besides i think they will release another patch to fix the last patch failures.

Oh, and the stuh42 just needs to be reverted to pre-OF stats. That was perfect balanced, no random nuke shots.
5 Feb 2014, 15:08 PM
Patrion 14

Bad idea. The Elite Mod features many balance changes but less testing of these changes at the moment.

What happends if Relic takes the Elite Mod files as part of a patch but in lets say 4 months some balance changes prove to be a bad idea and Relic / Sega decide not to patch CoH1 anymore?
5 Feb 2014, 16:22 PM

Since CoH is on steam patching is pretty easy afaik, just there must be someone to upload changes.

But, yes. I guess the point of the tournament was to see if the changes are good or not. And as I see from comments there is still work to be done before the mod will become a good balance patch :)
5 Feb 2014, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2014, 02:38 AM12ocky

Ht suppression is actually on my list since very long time xp
You don't think tier 1 is even now? I think the jeep buff and the riflemen reinforce costs balanced it out. But that's just my opinion ...

About defensive lategame: I disagree, Flak 88 provides great cover for mechanized lategame play. + 2 types of Arty ... :p

I still consider heavy t1 to be much too effective personally, the rifle vet changes were a good idea but combined with the wm buff it was too much. Look at aljaz wm playstyle which is sitting in t1 for like half an hour straight to t4, it shouldn't even be possible in games against players of equal skill (not to take anything from aljaz who is a brilliant player).

I think there will be interest, it is just proportionate to the small community we have left... All I personlly can contribute is ideas for changes and games to test them.
5 Feb 2014, 17:15 PM

I'm thinking I'll go ahead and update the mod, mostly to show that it's still alive. Plan to:

- Update the changelog (outdated in a few places)
- Add the Observer maps TFN used for the finals, as well as my FoW tweak (credit will go to MrLate for the maps)
- Fix a few intended changes that weren't implemented correctly

Then we can discuss where to go from there
5 Feb 2014, 23:45 PM

I still consider heavy t1 to be much too effective personally.

Have you tried the new jeep in elite mod? :p

I think it comes down to playstyle tbh. US can outflank the Wehr T1. As we in the final game of Symbi vs Purlictor.
The difference with 2.602: even if the US got a decent trade he would still be losing on the manpower war which contained teching etc. I find this to be a better now. And Aimstrong mentioned once he finds himself stronger with US.

Sniper could maybe use small nerfs, but I didn't find dominating early game snipers. Mainly due to a jeep that was on the field.

Oh yea looking at my list there is on real buff I'd would like to see to T1 US:
* Grease gun moving burst from 1x to 1.5x
and it's hardly a buff.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %