Login

russian armor

For Mother Russia - working as intended?

2 Jul 2021, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2021, 19:28 PMVipper

"Is it that hard to understand that" sprinting and moving faster are not the same thing?

Entities even use different animation when they sprint.

Thx for the hint with the different animations. Now its absolutely clear to me that units under effect of Assault sprint too. I put Valiant Assault, Radio Silence, For mother Russia and Assault in my commander ability layout with Cheatmod and used them one after another. Its always the same animation and same speed.

Fact: Assault uses out of combat sprint like the other abilities. Tested it multiple times and watched speed and animation, its 100% the same.

So just don't beat about the bush and get over it. Just be more cautios the next time you call out for something beeing false/incorrect. That would help. Thx.

The ability work fine for mid units, it even work fine for CQC units.

They simply can not sprint across open ground and attack frontally any more, but that does not mean that all do not benefit from it.

I just want to repeat myself, since I never said that there is no benefit for CQC units at all, because that is the impression your remark creates:
If you use such an ability as FMR on an army which infantry is focused on medium to close combat, you can quickly reposition behind the lines too, but once you get under fire at 30-40 range you are still far away from your most efficient combat range. These units benefit far less.

We have to agree to disagree.

Absolutely
2 Jul 2021, 23:34 PM

Thx for the hint with the different animations. Now its absolutely clear to me that units under effect of Assault sprint too. I put Valiant Assault, Radio Silence, For mother Russia and Assault in my commander ability layout with Cheatmod and used them one after another. Its always the same animation and same speed.

Fact: Assault uses out of combat sprint like the other abilities. Tested it multiple times and watched speed and animation, its 100% the same.

So just don't beat about the bush and get over it. Just be more cautios the next time you call out for something beeing false/incorrect. That would help. Thx.

Great you found a bug, well done.
Assault was not meant to work with a sprint, now pls report it the bug section.

A bug does not change the fact the sprint is not the same a speed boost or that Assault/FMR are designed to give different movement bonuses. Can you move on now?

I just want to repeat myself, since I never said that there is no benefit for CQC units at all, because that is the impression your remark creates:

Absolutely
3 Jul 2021, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2021, 23:34 PMVipper

Great you found a bug, well done.
Assault was not meant to work with a sprint, now pls report it the bug section.

I do think its intended because of "standardization". If you think its a bug you are free to report it. But in the end it doesn't even matter if it is a bug or intended.
The thing that bothers me: I told you that you should try it ingame once, that was post #27. But you told me post after post in constantly new variations why this can't be. This is post #43. Just test it once instead of insisting blindly. That would have been so easy.

So enough derailing of this thread about Assault.

I stand by my original matter, that For Mother Russia has to focus more on movement for infantry (no change at support weapons) than the other three abilities since the main body of Soviet Counterattack infantry is made for closerange and midrange combat. I explained multiple times why I do think this is necessary. If nothing new is added here I do think that was it for me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight