Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger feels very underwhelming compared to the B4

13 Jul 2021, 06:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2021, 00:07 AMGrumpy
Sturmtiger needs larger AOE

Is it hard-capped at 32?
holy fkn hell lool. spread button please relic haha that aoe kill range is nuts tho. should cost 15 munis a shot lmao
13 Jul 2021, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2021, 06:10 AMEsxile

Its not only about your video but personal experience ingame. Even when retreating before the wind-up will end with a full wipe and trying to move without retreating doesn't work either because the aoe is too large.
If it wasn't the case we wouldn't see Sturmtiger almost every game.

I think that the only squad that have a slightly chance to survive it is the 7 men cons squad. or at least that's the only type of squad I've see survive it more than once in a match.

The radius is far more than the spread of a 7 man con. I usually only see survivors when the retreat starts early, and then usually just a model or two.

I had the misfortune of playing against it tonight on Ettlebruck(sp?). I didn't go up against it myself but my two teammates did and had no clue how to deal with it - no mines, not many heavy tanks, etc. They were winning easily before the Sturmtigers came out and collapsed quickly once there was two of them going.
13 Jul 2021, 08:47 AM

if u compare the current b4 or even the avre the the sturmtiger straight up feels lackluster. this does not even take into account of the crap commander abilities in the doctrine.

losing units to a sturmtiger is a pure l2p issue

B4 is nothing like AVRE or ST. Even tho 3 shots have potential to wipe unit, it takes much longer time to arrive & delay between shots.

And why on the earth you think AVRE is better than ST? It has 35 range(-5 to ST), less dmg & AOE, and still suffers from mislanding shot(that has been fixed for ST recently)

Even Asha (One of the best active auto-match ranker) turned arount to lose against ST because of too many wipes it made. Go tell him l2p.
13 Jul 2021, 11:15 AM

And why on the earth you think AVRE is better than ST? It has 35 range(-5 to ST), less dmg & AOE, and still suffers from mislanding shor(that has been fixed for ST recently)

The Churchill Avre could use some love in the consistency department. The ability is way off and a crater in the ground/Fence will stop it from doing damage.
16 Jul 2021, 05:50 AM

B4 is nothing like AVRE or ST. Even tho 3 shots have potential to wipe unit, it takes much longer time to arrive & delay between shots.

And why on the earth you think AVRE is better than ST? It has 35 range(-5 to ST), less dmg & AOE, and still suffers from mislanding shor(that has been fixed for ST recently)

Even Asha (One of the best active auto-match ranker) turned arount to lose against ST because of too many wipes it made. Go tell him l2p.

if unit it not blobing together and get direct hit B4 will not able to wiped out in 1 shot because its mid aoe is 0.05 that mean its damage will be 400*0.05 = 60 while infantry hp per model are 80.
16 Jul 2021, 10:35 AM

It has better AOE actually, so 'death radius' for infantry is actually larger then ST's by ~10ish %
17 Jul 2021, 13:49 PM

It has better AOE actually, so 'death radius' for infantry is actually larger then ST's by ~10ish %

OHK (~ mid AoE) diffrence is 3.75 vs 4; ST can deal dmg up to "14" radius while AVRE has "8".

So yes, I think ST has better AOE.
17 Jul 2021, 18:06 PM

OHK (~ mid AoE) diffrence is 3.75 vs 4; ST can deal dmg up to "14" radius while AVRE has "8".

So yes, I think ST has better AOE.

So does that mean that AVRE has a hard cap of 44 damage after 8 range, while ST's drops to 0 at 14? Please elaborate. I've already heard it, but haven't seen exact numbers. Do you have them by any chance?
17 Jul 2021, 19:15 PM

So does that mean that AVRE has a hard cap of 44 damage after 8 range, while ST's drops to 0 at 14? Please elaborate. I've already heard it, but haven't seen exact numbers. Do you have them by any chance?

Okay, I'll elaborate as much as I know, MMX will know better about this stats.

But before that, to answer your question. No, AVER deals NO DMG after 8 range, while ST deals some dmg after 8 (~14). Not quite sure about the modifier, so can't say how much it deals.

You can check actual stat from here.

AOE Radius: How far the shot can deal dmg from the contact spot.
Distance/Damage near/mid/far : How much dmg shot deals at given distance (The number is consecutive. It does not suddenly drop at 4.1 or something)

80 DMG distance : What people usually says about "OHK". If the infantry model is within this range from the shot, it dies even in full health.

AVRE:
AOE Radius 8
Distance near 2
Distance mid 4
Distance far 8
Damage near 440
Damage mid 220
Damage far 44
80 DMG distance 7.18

ST:
AOE Radius 14
Distance near 1
Distance mid 3.75
Distance far 8
Damage near 580
Damage mid 145
Damage far 44
80 DMG distance 6.47

ST has less OHK distance, yet can deal inf. model as far as 14, and has better range.(Especially when vet up. 40 to 45)
17 Jul 2021, 20:32 PM

Okay, I'll elaborate as much as I know, MMX will know better about this stats.

But before that, to answer your question. No, AVER deals NO DMG after 8 range, while ST deals some dmg after 8 (~14). Not quite sure about the modifier, so can't say how much it deals.

You can check actual stat from here.

Stats I'm relying on are Seralia's. So I'm kind of curios about the performance, since I've made a dedicated post about Sturmtiger and there is no mention about performance past 8 range.
18 Jul 2021, 00:01 AM

people have been using this unit so much cuz its way to potent
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight