Login

russian armor

How would you deal with the following?

10 Apr 2021, 14:02 PM

3v3
Playing as USF Across the Rheine, top VP

The enemy has a point locked with:
Brummbar, Elefant, Pak40, mortar, MG42, infantry and a 2 or 3 supporting LeFHs from teammate (wasted a lot of muni taking them all down, kept popping up)

I didn't pick a calliope doctrine.
Tried to smoke and breakthrough. Brummbar just shoots in smoke and pretty much wipes.
Pak howis were useless.
Tried to flank, mines and MG bunker covered.
Tried to take out the Brummbar, elefant and pak have it well defended. What would be the best tactic against such a heavy tank fortification as USF?
10 Apr 2021, 14:19 PM

Ask for help from your teammates, switch to mid side. Eventually Brummbar and paks will have to reposition, leaving bunkers non-protected. Use pack-howie to dislodge them, or spam Willie-P surrounding infantry and MG's - it should be protected from mortar's autofire well enough.

Then push in with some infantry and jacksons, if PaK-wall and brummrar try to come back, push with infantry from their flank.

At least thats how table-top post-battle plan should work, IMO.

In the heat of battle you do not really have time to think, you have to react immediatly to some things. And it might look like inpenetrable fortress at that time, but there still some ways to crack it open.

Or it is just a rant topic, then git gud
10 Apr 2021, 14:58 PM

Ask for help from your teammates, switch to mid side. Eventually Brummbar and paks will have to reposition, leaving bunkers non-protected. Use pack-howie to dislodge them, or spam Willie-P surrounding infantry and MG's - it should be protected from mortar's autofire well enough.

Then push in with some infantry and jacksons, if PaK-wall and brummrar try to come back, push with infantry from their flank.

At least thats how table-top post-battle plan should work, IMO.

In the heat of battle you do not really have time to think, you have to react immediatly to some things. And it might look like inpenetrable fortress at that time, but there still some ways to crack it open.

Or it is just a rant topic, then git gud

Not a rant topic xD. Actually want to know. Yeah, did try it, thing is, something always pops up. Either the mid VP is being pushed, that is, my teammate is being pushed so I risk total annihilation if I have to retreat from the flank. Eh, it was 3 randoms vs 3 premades, so it was hard as it is
13 Apr 2021, 06:03 AM

What Commander did you pick? To be honest I always think as USF I have to ask the question "So, how did I get here?" Brumbar/ele combo and they have locked down that side? What the hell went wrong?

As the other guy said, sometimes it's best to not attack a position at all and perhaps roam to another side of the map and push. Wermacht really sucks at re-positioning so you can hopefully catch him off guard when he decides to move. The Major + Ambo allows USF to just pack up their stuff and move if the situation isn't favorable.

If you HAD to breach that for some ungodly reason(and you lack calliope/priest) I think AT gun spam would be your only bet simply because the AT guns and elephant would wreck any jacksons. Perhaps scots using barrage on key points + smoke could of helped. At that point you are never going to use armor to get in on that.

Priority number 1 is scaring the brumbar off. So if you smoked his MG's and moved up with infantry by the sounds of things he couldn't exactly stop your infantry waltz with anything other then the brumbar.
13 Apr 2021, 08:02 AM

What Commander did you pick? To be honest I always think as USF I have to ask the question "So, how did I get here?" Brumbar/ele combo and they have locked down that side? What the hell went wrong?

As the other guy said, sometimes it's best to not attack a position at all and perhaps roam to another side of the map and push. Wermacht really sucks at re-positioning so you can hopefully catch him off guard when he decides to move. The Major + Ambo allows USF to just pack up their stuff and move if the situation isn't favorable.

If you HAD to breach that for some ungodly reason(and you lack calliope/priest) I think AT gun spam would be your only bet simply because the AT guns and elephant would wreck any jacksons. Perhaps scots using barrage on key points + smoke could of helped. At that point you are never going to use armor to get in on that.

Priority number 1 is scaring the brumbar off. So if you smoked his MG's and moved up with infantry by the sounds of things he couldn't exactly stop your infantry waltz with anything other then the brumbar.

I overextended a couple of times, to help out mid. Took heavy cav for offmap smoke to deny the elefant and rangers for flanks with tommies. He was a good player. I tried to scare off the brummbar with the Jackson so my infantry could push but a miss or a bounce was something for him to count on. And he did, stayed with the brummbar long enough for him to scare off my 3 super spread out infantry and flanking rangers + a stuka from the ally and I had to retreat. It was a premade team so they always double team-ed any effort mid and top. It's fine, it's a shitty map anyway. With one building being able to lock down on top with MG and lane-y nature for stuka and heavies.

It was just a bad game. A combo of poor decision-making. Poor execution. No teamplay vs a team that knew what they were doing, coherently. Had another game on that map and even though I had to pull shit out of my hat due to the pios being first in the top building (then an MG comes), still managed to win because I had a good team. I only play randoms so I have to ask what to do when the team is not responding to pleas.
13 Apr 2021, 17:16 PM

It was just a bad game. A combo of poor decision-making. Poor execution. No teamplay vs a team that knew what they were doing, coherently. Had another game on that map and even though I had to pull shit out of my hat due to the pios being first in the top building (then an MG comes), still managed to win because I had a good team. I only play randoms so I have to ask what to do when the team is not responding to pleas.

I both like heavy calv and hate the commander. Pershing is a great tank. To be honest I think rangers sort of suck in 3v3 due to their dependency on being close range. I think when the new patch comes out they'll be way better since they could duke it out at range. Issue is he got an elephant which nullifies the great pershing so that's just bad luck. At that point you really would just say eff it and attack with the pershing elsewhere.

Yea if you got double teamed there isn't much you could do other then fight fire with fire and strike hard somewhere else.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★