Login

russian armor

Some Penal Idea

6 Apr 2021, 12:23 PM

To be honest I don't know when I used that weapon the last time, so I can't really comment on that one specifically apart from calculations.
I think it uses the same weapon profile as other LMGs though.

I guess your unaware of the new Commander balance update changes that essentially turns this weapon into a BAR. This is where my whole suggestion was inspired from.
6 Apr 2021, 12:39 PM

I think I made the mistake of naming the title like this. This is more about the weapons crates you get from sov air borne doc more than anything else.

OK, but one abbility only by one commander is poor design.
And this commander have also AirGuards (PPSH/DP-28).

Lets remove crate and change for air recon?
6 Apr 2021, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess your unaware of the new Commander balance update changes that essentially turns this weapon into a BAR. This is where my whole suggestion was inspired from.

My bad, I missed that note.
Pip
6 Apr 2021, 12:58 PM

Rather than the DP-28, i really do thing you're better off giving penals ATV-40s, especially if you're wanting the resultant weapon to act like the Vickers K, rather than the actual DP28.
6 Apr 2021, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 12:39 PMAradan

Lets remove crate and change for air recon?

Nope, I ain't nerfing it any further.
6 Apr 2021, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 12:58 PMPip
Rather than the DP-28, i really do thing you're better off giving penals ATV-40s, especially if you're wanting the resultant weapon to act like the Vickers K, rather than the actual DP28.

Well I want the resultant weapon to be more like a beafed up volk stg with better movement penalties.
Pip
6 Apr 2021, 13:45 PM

Well I want the resultant weapon to be more like a beafed up volk stg with better movement penalties.

This is precisely what an ATV-40 would give you, isnt it?
6 Apr 2021, 14:18 PM

It's not an lmg. it's more like the BAR or stronger volk stgs. And these are doctrinal too.

But the BAR is an LMG in every iteration. It's a weak mg, designed to be used in pairs at least but an LMG it is.
The last thing we need is more concentrated dps on the move to further reduce the need for position or model preservation.
Pip
6 Apr 2021, 14:29 PM

But the BAR is an LMG in every iteration. It's a weak mg, designed to be used in pairs at least but an LMG it is.
The last thing we need is more concentrated dps on the move to further reduce the need for position or model preservation.

The BAR isnt an LMG in game terms. LMGs have an inverse DPS curve, whereas the BAR is most effective at close range, and loses DPS as you get further out. As far as I can tell, all "LMGs" have this inverse DPS property, and that's what actually defines them as an LMG. What the weapon is IRL isnt hugely relevant.

I think it's a fairly important distinction.
6 Apr 2021, 15:09 PM

It's not an LMG. LMG's in coh2 work completely inverse to all other weapon in the game. As it gains dps the farther away the target is.
6 Apr 2021, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 13:45 PMPip

This is precisely what an ATV-40 would give you, isnt it?

Yeah but there is no Model for in game so can't be done.
Pip
6 Apr 2021, 15:51 PM

Yeah but there is no Model for in game so can't be done.

The ATV-40 is visually all-but-indistinguishable from the SVT-40, it doesnt need a new model. All it would take is using the SVT-40 model, and giving the unit card an icon to show it has this upgrade.
6 Apr 2021, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 15:51 PMPip

The ATV-40 is visually all-but-indistinguishable from the SVT-40, it doesnt need a new model. All it would take is using the SVT-40 model, and giving the unit card an icon to show it has this upgrade.
Who know???
6 Apr 2021, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 14:29 PMPip

The BAR isnt an LMG in game terms. LMGs have an inverse DPS curve, whereas the BAR is most effective at close range, and loses DPS as you get further out. As far as I can tell, all "LMGs" have this inverse DPS property, and that's what actually defines them as an LMG. What the weapon is IRL isnt hugely relevant.

I think it's a fairly important distinction.

It's not an LMG. LMG's in coh2 work completely inverse to all other weapon in the game. As it gains dps the farther away the target is.

My error I meant to put DP-28 not bar.
In game, lmgs serve a purpose and that purpose is allowing long range and elite squads to be effective.
They allow a squad to take losses without diminishing their fighting capacities too much (this was important for grens who had a small model count and guards whom had 2 PTRS' deminishing overall AI output. This power came at the cost of mobility. Both squads were meant to hold territory effectively by making the enemy bleed trying to push them out.

EFA like many rules of balance demolished this established rule, but I feel no the need to fuck it up further. The more we concentrate DPS on singular models turns infantry combat more like tank combat where you can sustain a number of hits (loses) without actually losing anything but increased chance of a wipe. Similarly the more we slap weapons good on the move the more we lose identity of squads and roles as well. It all becomes a cost effeciency doom blob mess instead of dynamic infantry play. This good at all ranges and on the move centralized on a couple of units thing needs to stop not become more prevalent.

Firing mgs on the move should be heavily restricted not dished out (lookin at you Commandos who end up with more DPS than obers with none of the drawbacks and still retaining their commando features)

Centeralized DPS should be a boon not a standard-taking losses should matter and under strength squads should fight less effectively not simply be more at risk of wipe.

Also weapon upgrades should be a choice not simply "make that units strengths stronger and weaken its weaknesses" it removes they dynamics that makes the game great. Choices are what make the game exciting and combat interesting not just RNG

And FINALLY we DEFINITELY don't want to combine all the things I just listed into a 6 man squad that can be reinforced in the field in an instant turning them into super rifles with a fighting ambulance in tow that reduces their effective reinforcement costs....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
Russian Federation 38

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment