Login

russian armor

Arty Rework

5 Apr 2021, 21:18 PM

Hey since we got rid of being able to drop call-ins inside the base sector because it leads to too many unfair wipes can we do the same with arty like the LefH? Being artied the entire game especially late game when unit preservation is hard enough really seems like a joke.
5 Apr 2021, 21:20 PM

100% agreed to this

There is a lot of wrong about the "fire into base from safety of just outside your base" and nothing good about it
6 Apr 2021, 01:57 AM

On-map arty is counterable, call-ins are not. The base is only a safezone if your opponent also agrees it's a safezone.
Pip
6 Apr 2021, 02:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 01:57 AMSpoof
On-map arty is counterable, call-ins are not. The base is only a safezone if your opponent also agrees it's a safezone.

I'm unfortunately inclined to agree. A howitzer or rocket arty firing into your base is consistent with how any on-map unit interacts with enemy base sectors. It's very annoying to be shelled, but it is ostensibly "balanced".
6 Apr 2021, 02:43 AM

Generally I think base firing is bad manners, so I won't miss it, but I'm not the bad manners police either.

The only balance problem I see is that some factions are able to change their retreat point to counterplay, while others aren't.
6 Apr 2021, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 01:57 AMSpoof

That is an absolutely dumb "argument". Just because there is a possibility to counter it doesn't mean it's actually feasible in game, especially in team games if someone dares to not pick a doctrine with an offmap.
6 Apr 2021, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

/I'll move this to the gameplay section.
6 Apr 2021, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 10:48 AMTygrys

That is an absolutely dumb "argument". Just because there is a possibility to counter it doesn't mean it's actually feasible in game, especially in team games if someone dares to not pick a doctrine with an offmap.

Let's say my opponent is so ahead of me that he has a heavy tank and I only have an AT gun. Should he be not allowed to enter my base simply because there is no feasibility of me countering his tank at all?

If you don't have an offmap to deal with the arty you're going to have to dive. You're only going to need to worry about arty in team games, and it's also way easier to dive expendable units in team games as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★