Login

russian armor

QF25 Emplacement Need Help

29 Mar 2021, 21:28 PM

Hi, actually, I try to create a QF25 emplacement, but after many hours of search I still can’t fix the followings bugs :

1, The QF45 isn’t animated when he turn around, the canon turn, but the crew doesn’t play the “raise and turn” animation.

2. I created a “synchronized” stance abilitie wich when it’s used, make the QF25 fire when a “coordinated fire” skill is used by the tommy.
This skill add an upgrade to the entity and remove it as soon as it’s desactivated.
I correctly set up the upgrade requirement on the QF25 entity in order to allow it to fire the “coordinated fire” commanded by the tommy.
But strangly when the QF25 isn’t “synchronized” and a tommy use the “coordinated fire” skill the cannon will turn to aim the target as if it wanted to fire but will stop it’s action before doing it.
I would like to completely prevent it from taking into consideration the tommy skill if it’s not synchronized.

3. The QF25 symbol as show on the screenshot isn’t show in the right position, it’ll always be show too low and I don’t know how to readjust it.

Thanks in advance for all you’r reply, I really tried many times anything I could to fix all theses issues, but I didn’t managed to do it.
30 Mar 2021, 04:50 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Have you followed this guide?
https://www.coh2.org/guides/81345/25-pounder-emplacement-modding-guide

Were did you add the requirement for the synchronized upgrade? I have set this as required_entity_upgrade in requirement_ext in the ability referred in the victor_target of the projectile.

The unit symbol can be set higher in the pit:
ebps/ui_ext/decorator_offset : 3.5
30 Mar 2021, 20:34 PM

I did some test and i finded the origin of the animation bug, i put in the gun " ebps" the function moving_ext for order to rotate the QF25 manually like the other artillery.
I tried to remove it and all the animations works.
Also, the QF25 doesn't face the target when a "coordinated fire" is used.
So, i'm wondering if it's possible to put the "moving.ext" functions without removing the rotations animation ?
If not, it's not really important anyway.

For the symbol, thanks a lot, it work perfectly, but there is still a bug, if the QF25 is firing a barrage shot, (without being in synchronised mod) and a tommy launch a "coordinate fire" skill, it will cancel the QF25 barrage shot, as if it received another order without executing it, it's quite strange...

And I set one animator_set_state wich the same symbol of a lefh counter battery, but for the QF25 synchronised mod, the symbol dosn't show up at the top of the emplacement.

Thanks in advance for you'r replys.
31 Mar 2021, 14:42 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I haven't found a way yet to keep the animations and being able to face manually.

Can you try these changes to fix the facing in coordinated fire:
In the coordinated fire ability open start_target_actions/artillery_attack, set disable_parent_hardpoint to false. And set use_hard_point to 2 (assuming this is the the main weapon).

The counter battery symbol is not available on this model.
The only available states are:
ability_brace_state
ability_fieldrepair_state
ability_hold_fire_state
ability_repair_state
These can be found using the NIS mode in the worldbuilder: https://www.coh2.org/guides/25514/worldbuilder-nis-tutorial-by-sirlami
2 Apr 2021, 21:29 PM

I tried in vain some ideas, including you'rs, but nothing work.
The QF25 either turn to face the target or je dosn't fire in sychronized during a cordinated barrage.
I still try to find something, but without succes.
3 Apr 2021, 00:14 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What I have found is that the 25 Pounder acts like a turret, like a tank, rather than a team weapon. In comparison, the 17 pounder has a unique animator state that is triggered on the sbps/squad_team_weapon/in_setup_action.

For the barrage ability, here is a quick checklist:
For the barrage, ensure that the ability is properly looking for the correct hardpoint.
What is the facing angle?
facing_ignore = false
Requirement issues?

ebps/weapon checklist:
How do you have the parent weapon set up?
Are the other hardpoints attached to the parent? (probably should be set to 1 that are not hardpoint 1)

4 Apr 2021, 11:16 AM

I abandoned the idea of making a syncronisation ability with the "coordinated fire". Now i try to apply animations on the QF25 rotation movement and test somethings without actual big results.
8 Apr 2021, 06:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2021, 11:16 AMRytsu
I abandoned the idea of making a syncronisation ability with the "coordinated fire". Now i try to apply animations on the QF25 rotation movement and test somethings without actual big results.

hmm maybe if it acts like a turret you could add an invisible secondary weapon and facing orders cause an attack ground with this weapon, thereby facing it?

IDk
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS