Login

russian armor

Give Back WC51 Its Repair Crews - Design Flaw

12 Mar 2021, 15:31 PM
Donator 11

Two of personality traits of the USF faction is mobility and repair crews. If the WC51 needed a nerf, I do not think its overall role & design should be nerfed.

I think a .50 cal nerf or making it more expensive would've been better than removing repair crews. When you remove repair crews, it doesn't feel like a USF unit and ruins the flow of USF. This opinion is shared by TwistedTootsy too; I was talking to him the other day about the WC51 vehicle crew nerf.

Yes, WC51 deserved a nerf, but it was nerfed in an incorrect way that did not preserve its design. Instead you want to either make it more expensive, give it a 1CP requirement, or make the .50 cal weaker (range has already been reduced).

You can think of a lot of alternative nerfs that does not ruin its design.

Here are thing that should NOT be touched:

* Speed
* Vehicle crews
* Early game unit

Here are things that should be touched:

* DPS
* Reload time
* HP
* Armor
* Cost
12 Mar 2021, 15:33 PM

Priest/Calliope and Pershing also do not have crews.

Removing the crew from WC-51 was a good change for a number of reasons.
12 Mar 2021, 15:35 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2021, 15:33 PMVipper
Priest/Calliope and Pershing also do not have crews.

Removing the crew from WC-51 was a good change for a number of reasons.

They are all incorrect design decisions. Those 3 units were bandaided to prevent exploiting first of all. Relic could've taken care of this better if they coded a feature that prevented this exploit but still kept vehicle crews.

The WC-51 is in a different category. Its not an exploitable unit with vehicle crews, so bringing those 3 units is not a good argument.

Also you have not said anything about what I said regarding mobility and USF design.
12 Mar 2021, 16:10 PM

They are all incorrect design decisions. Those 3 units were bandaided to prevent exploiting first of all. Relic could've taken care of this better if they coded a feature that prevented this exploit but still kept vehicle crews.

The WC-51 is in a different category. Its not an exploitable unit with vehicle crews, so bringing those 3 units is not a good argument.

Also you have not said anything about what I said regarding mobility and USF design.

I am simply pointing that coming with crew is not unique.

As exploitable the crew was exploitable, facing WC-51 with Assault section as passengers was not fun at all.

In addition the price of package "vehicle/Crew" was too low and unit could repair way to fast even when fausted.

The change was good.
13 Mar 2021, 01:09 AM

Pershing wasn't band aided to not have a crew, it wasnt released without that restriction and iirc it was the first unit to ha e that restriction. Some units can't be banced with certain traits. Unfortunately a faction that can self heal/ reduce pop cap can't be balanced with all units doing so.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★