Login

russian armor

Opponent started with high army value (bug? hack?)

5 Mar 2021, 16:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2021, 15:57 PMredfox

Should be viewed as a bug though, shouldn't it? In the context of the graph it does not really make sense.
Consequently, this should be patched.

My suggestion if you want to really improve rather than look at who you can blame on your loss, is that you ignore the stats graph. It's FUBAR. Just watch your replay.
5 Mar 2021, 16:55 PM

My suggestion if you want to really improve rather than look at who you can blame on your loss, is that you ignore the stats graph. It's FUBAR. Just watch your replay.

Just to clarify, I did not blame anyone for my loss here. I was just curious since the graph looked odd. I stated clearly myself, that there was nothing suspicious going on after watching the replay and that we lost because of worse play. Go easy.

Also, what has your post to do with the content that you quoted?
5 Mar 2021, 17:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2021, 16:55 PMredfox

Just to clarify, I did not blame anyone for my loss here. I was just curious since the graph looked odd. I stated clearly myself, that there was nothing suspicious going on after watching the replay and that we lost because of worse play. Go easy.

Also, what has your post to do with the content that you quoted?

That unfortunately the stats page is useless. I would love to have SC2 levels of stats but the way we have it, it's just better use of your time to just skip it whenever you end a game. The only time people bring out the stats page is when they want to brag out about the damage they did or how they are getting dragged down by team mates who have a low KD or damage done.

Why it is useless?
Either because of bugs (kill/damage tracking, emplacements not appearing, efficiency been bugged, etc.) or due to how you need to understand the context behind the game you played in order to extrapolate any useful information. At which point, you might as well just watch the replay.
Pip
5 Mar 2021, 17:49 PM

Why it is useless?
Either because of bugs (kill/damage tracking, emplacements not appearing, efficiency been bugged, etc.) or due to how you need to understand the context behind the game you played in order to extrapolate any useful information. At which point, you might as well just watch the replay.

To give some specific examples of why the stat screen is useless:

Army Value is based on raw numbers, not the actual strength of units (particularly not in specific contexts). Unit "value" isnt a valuable statistic.

Kills/deaths are exceedingly misleading due to several bugs: examples of which include: A: USF crewed tanks count as five "deaths/kills" each, due to their associated vehicle crews. B: An S-Mine that detonates counts as a "death" for the Ostheer player for some reason. Other mines don't have this issue. There are other similar issues, but I dont think there's a need to provide an exhaustive list.

Damage is misleading because you can't translate it to any sort of useful metric. Infantry have 80 hitpoints, but doing 80 damage (Or any multiple of 80) to infantry doesn't mean you've killed x numbers of infantry, as they may simply be wounded and subsequently heal. The damage numbers aren't even divided between infantry and vehicles, and the latter have the lion's share of HP. The only thing you can really glean from high "damage" is that a player has damaged a lot of vehicles... but not that he's necessarily even killed any of them.

The only vaguely useful statistics might be Manpower/Munitions/Fuel spent, and how much of any of those you have taken away from the enemy through model drops and vehicle deaths. These stats arent displayed, though.
5 Mar 2021, 17:53 PM

Another thing with stats is that you need to keep in mind which faction and build order you played against.

If you play OKW and have a KD of 1 against UKF you did super well while having the same KD against Conscript spam means you likely lost the game.
Pip
5 Mar 2021, 17:58 PM

Another thing with stats is that you need to keep in mind which faction and build order you played against.

If you play OKW and have a KD of 1 against UKF you did super well while having the same KD against Conscript spam means you likely lost the game.

This is also true. A model loss, or even a vehicle death, isnt as impactful between units, let alone between factions.

Honestly it would be better if Lelic just removed the "scoreboard", as it generally just misleads.
5 Mar 2021, 19:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2021, 17:49 PMPip
Damage is misleading because you can't translate it to any sort of useful metric. Infantry have 80 hitpoints, but doing 80 damage (Or any multiple of 80) to infantry doesn't mean you've killed x numbers of infantry, as they may simply be wounded and subsequently heal. The damage numbers aren't even divided between infantry and vehicles, and the latter have the lion's share of HP. The only thing you can really glean from high "damage" is that a player has damaged a lot of vehicles... but not that he's necessarily even killed any of them.

It's not even that. Check this.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/107338/improved-postmatch-stats/page/1#post_id848620

All normal AT guns do 160dmg. They were all shooting at the same target and the live stats you can get out of a replay showed that the dmg tracker counted different values for each shot.

Pak: 550 - 826/1376 - 2203 - 3029
Zis: 550 - 1376 - 2203 - 3029
Pounder: 275/826 - 1376 - 1927 - 2478
Rak: 550 - 826/1376 - 1652/2203 - 2478/3029
57mm: 550 - 826/1376 - 1652/2203 - 2478/3029

There were 4 shots and each one is separated by a "-". The cases on which there's a "/" is because the game registered 2 values and updated immediately on the same shot.
Pip
5 Mar 2021, 19:31 PM

It's not even that. Check this.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/107338/improved-postmatch-stats/page/1#post_id848620

All normal AT guns do 160dmg. They were all shooting at the same target and the live stats you can get out of a replay showed that the dmg tracker counted different values for each shot.

Pak: 550 - 826/1376 - 2203 - 3029
Zis: 550 - 1376 - 2203 - 3029
Pounder: 275/826 - 1376 - 1927 - 2478
Rak: 550 - 826/1376 - 1652/2203 - 2478/3029
57mm: 550 - 826/1376 - 1652/2203 - 2478/3029

There were 4 shots and each one is separated by a "-". The cases on which there's a "/" is because the game registered 2 values and updated immediately on the same shot.

How the fuck does THAT happen? Some of the bugged numbers I mentioned before at least make a little sense logically, but the PAK and 6 pounder are the same goddamn unit, just with different animations... and the 57mm and the 6 pounder are LITERALLY the same unit that's been edited!

I have genuinely no clue what could have caused this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
unknown 30
South Africa 0
United Kingdom 62

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %