Login

russian armor

Post Winter balance patch - USF indirect fire problem

5 Mar 2021, 01:26 AM

Hi Everyone. After winter patch, I aware of the dramatic changing of Indirect fire (mortar, Howie, M8 Scott) make USF become more manpower bleed and forced to pick Calliope nor mechanize company.
I spend most of the time in 1v1, 2v2 and feel useless against heavy turrle play from high level axis....
Any solution for that problems or we just leave the game until they Hotfix this ?
MMX
5 Mar 2021, 07:04 AM

haven't run any tests/calculations on the new scott as of yet, but as far as the other stock indirect options are concerned there haven't been any overly dramatic changes with the new patch. the mortar even got a slight buff and the AoE changes didn't impact the performance of the pack howie too much, either.
so i guess the solution would be to keep on playing as usual, because if you are waiting for any hotfix to address a problem where there is none, you won't be playing the game for a pretty long time.
5 Mar 2021, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2021, 07:04 AMMMX
haven't run any tests/calculations on the new scott as of yet, but as far as the other stock indirect options are concerned there haven't been any overly dramatic changes with the new patch. the mortar even got a slight buff and the AoE changes didn't impact the performance of the pack howie too much, either.
so i guess the solution would be to keep on playing as usual, because if you are waiting for any hotfix to address a problem where there is none, you won't be playing the game for a pretty long time.

for now, my exp is Howie and scott cant properly hit target and even the barrage. 50 range Scott always mess his pathfinding.
Mortar and mortar halftrack is kinda solid choice than expensive howie, M8 scott in term of autofire and barrage.
5 Mar 2021, 09:04 AM

On 2vs2 instead of 2 Scotts I see people building 3 :clap: obviously since the balance team isn't willing to tackle USF late game issue with Scott and Pakhw, nothing is going to change.

I had mixed results with the Scott (I don't build more than one), can go from useless to good but it still entirely RNG

Pak follows the same way, too RNG and good luck to vet it.

Mortar buff is welcome, and yes I feel it is better to build 2 of them than a Pak.

Calliope remains the only solid late game choice for USF in teamgame.
Vaz
7 Mar 2021, 05:55 AM

I don't really understand the needs to make the scott trash. The main complaint I've heard is that it kills the infantry too fast or wipes squads entirely. Would be fair, if it wasn't for comparable terrors like the brumbar. Sure, it costs more, but the damned thing is incredibly resilient. It can sit in front of at guns and destroy the crew. We can't do that with the scott, we can kite, but we don't have the accuracy to kill the crew as fast. It's cheap, so we can get multiples, if pop cap allows. Fuel cost is similar to a brumbar at that point, 150f for 2 scotts. It's just weird to me, if the brumbar is going to be effective, the scott should be too.
17 Mar 2021, 13:42 PM

Has the Scott received any changes other than the barrage and auto fire range? The patch notes are so vague it seems like those were the only changes being done but it feels so incredibly weak I have a feeling like those absolutely dumb auto fire changes were pushed through too.
17 Mar 2021, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2021, 05:55 AMVaz
I don't really understand the needs to make the scott trash. The main complaint I've heard is that it kills the infantry too fast or wipes squads entirely. Would be fair, if it wasn't for comparable terrors like the brumbar.

You probably never saw how USF abused it in team games. Wiping every living shit out of inf in seconds, without any counter play and ability to kill it (because its being protected by teammates). At least brummbar has to be in range of AT weaponary in order to attack.
18 Mar 2021, 18:24 PM

You probably never saw how USF abused it in team games. Wiping every living shit out of inf in seconds, without any counter play and ability to kill it (because its being protected by teammates). At least brummbar has to be in range of AT weaponary in order to attack.

You mean like for more or less the same cost of two rocket arty?
18 Mar 2021, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2021, 18:24 PMEsxile

You mean like for more or less the same cost of two rocket arty?

Except you shoudnt compare auto-fire, mobile and not counterable with your own inderect fire unit, to a glass cannon, fire on CD and most importanly dodgeable unit.
18 Mar 2021, 19:21 PM

Except you shoudnt compare auto-fire, mobile and not counterable with your own inderect fire unit, to a glass cannon, fire on CD and most importanly dodgeable unit.

Too bad USF doesn't have stock rocket arty.
18 Mar 2021, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2021, 19:21 PMEsxile

Too bad USF doesn't have stock rocket arty.

This was brought up multiple times already, and main question is. Does USF\UKF need stock rocket arty, besides the fact that other factions have it? You can give reasoning why soviets need it, why ost\okw need it, but what USF\UKF cant accomplish or what is that gap that only rocket arty can fill for them.
18 Mar 2021, 20:25 PM

This was brought up multiple times already, and main question is. Does USF\UKF need stock rocket arty, besides the fact that other factions have it? You can give reasoning why soviets need it, why ost\okw need it, but what USF\UKF cant accomplish or what is that gap that only rocket arty can fill for them.

Do you see spam Scott spam in 1vs1 or a lot of rocket arty usage? No because there isn't such stale metagame, on 2v2 and above rocket arty is pretty much mandatory on the late game. I'll say UKF at least get durable tank on the late game USF is still stuck in flank&smoke meme.
19 Mar 2021, 10:37 AM

And why not give UK and US stock rocket artillery or any kind of heavy artillery? This is completely ignoring the fact they do need heavy artillery in team games to dislodge camping germans.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★