Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers and cloak

11 Feb 2021, 16:49 PM

I'm not finding an answer for this:

I pull stormtroopers from a building, they cloak in cover.

I upgrade stormtroopers with mp40's and they no longer cloak.

I tested it by putting non-upgraded ones in cover (they cloak) and then putting the upgraded stormtroopers in the exact same cover and they do not cloak.

Is it the upgrade? Bug?
11 Feb 2021, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 16:49 PMCinders
I'm not finding an answer for this:

I pull stormtroopers from a building, they cloak in cover.

I upgrade stormtroopers with mp40's and they no longer cloak.

I tested it by putting non-upgraded ones in cover (they cloak) and then putting the upgraded stormtroopers in the exact same cover and they do not cloak.

Is it the upgrade? Bug?

bug
11 Feb 2021, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 16:56 PMVipper

bug

Known bug? Or just for me?
11 Feb 2021, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 17:00 PMCinders

Known bug? Or just for me?

I have not heard of it before.

It might have to do with camo lingering out of cover, but I can not remember if ST get that type of camo.
Pip
11 Feb 2021, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 17:07 PMVipper

I have not heard of it before.

It might have to do with camo lingering out of cover, but I can not remember if ST get that type of camo.

Stormtroopers are intended to get Elite Camo, to my knowledge. Sounds like the Balans team introduced a new bug when they fixed the "Storms can't upgrade to MP40s" one. Hopefully this gets fixed very soon, as Storms have gone from one flavour of useless to another with these recent bugs.
11 Feb 2021, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 17:12 PMPip
Sounds like the Balans team introduced a new bug when they fixed the "Storms can't upgrade to MP40s" one. Hopefully this gets fixed very soon, as Storms have gone from one flavour of useless to another with these recent bugs.

All the 64 bit stuff is done by Relic itself.

Also, Stormtrooper cloak works just fine for me.
Pip
11 Feb 2021, 17:50 PM

All the 64 bit stuff is done by Relic itself.

Oh, I thought you guys handled fixing Lelic's mess after they put through the 64 bit patch? Fair enough, my mistake, I guess this is entirely on Lelic then. Hope they do something about this sharpish... though they're not exactly known for that.
11 Feb 2021, 21:26 PM

I'm sure that it is not working, I tested by letting an enemy walk past. The non-upgraded STs remained cloaked while the upgraded STs get shot at.

This is in the exact same cover.
11 Feb 2021, 21:44 PM

Nice of you to test, can you provide pics or a video or give more information so we can recreate it?
Pip
11 Feb 2021, 21:47 PM

Well, I've been doing a little bit of testing, and I can seemingly confirm that this... isnt bugged.

My stormtroopers cloak properly in cover, regardless of whether they are upgraded with MP40s/Panzershrecks or not, so this doesn't appear to be broken on German Infantry stormtroopers, at least, though I have no reason to believe the other doctrine's Stormtroopers are different in any way.

Are you sure enemy units aren't simply getting too close to your cover in the second instance, Cinders? Because there seems to be no issue with Stormtrooper cloak.

This was done, of course, in Cheatmod, though there's nothing involved in Cheatmod that should "unbug" Stormtroopers.
11 Feb 2021, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 21:47 PMPip
Well, I've been doing a little bit of testing, and I can seemingly confirm that this... isnt bugged.

My stormtroopers cloak properly in cover, regardless of whether they are upgraded with MP40s/Panzershrecks or not, so this doesn't appear to be broken on German Infantry stormtroopers, at least, though I have no reason to believe the other doctrine's Stormtroopers are different in any way.

Are you sure enemy units aren't simply getting too close to your cover in the second instance, Cinders? Because there seems to be no issue with Stormtrooper cloak.

This was done, of course, in Cheatmod, though there's nothing involved in Cheatmod that should "unbug" Stormtroopers.

Did you use the command ability to get the ST or the did you spawn the from "thin air"? Instant production can create issues some times since the units/building produce are not always identical with live game...
Pip
11 Feb 2021, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 21:52 PMVipper

Did you use the command ability to get the ST or the did you spawn the from "thin air"? Instant production can create issues some times since the units/building produce are not always identical with live game...

I did both, neither "Variant" seem to show any issues.
11 Feb 2021, 22:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 22:14 PMPip

I did both, neither "Variant" seem to show any issues.

Good work testing.

When using cheat mode one is better getting units the normal. It is better to be safe than sorry :).
12 Feb 2021, 06:20 AM

I use stormtroopers in automatch regularly, they work perfectly fine with their mp40s, I had multiple surprise attacks and wipes with them.

I do notice that sometimes the squad is only partially camoflaged, but in those cases one of the models stand too far from cover, it just takes a quick repositioning to fix that.

One thing I'm still unsure about is what determines their recloak time after entering combat. Sometimes they are able to cloak as soon as the under attack indicator is gone, sometimes it takes much longer and in those cases iirc there is not even a crawler nearby to keep them visible.
12 Feb 2021, 07:20 AM

Well, it works now that I tried to replicate it.

Yet I'm positive of the bug. It wasn't a "maybe you didn't--" issue. I had them sitting for minutes in the cover after moving a non-upgraded unit off the same cover. There wasn't an enemy anywhere in sight. They just would not cloak at all, while the non-upgraded set could take their place on cover and cloak right away.

I'll try to remember to save a replay if it happens again. This was the German Infantry Commander, fwiw.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★