Login

russian armor

An idea regarding OST relief infantry rework

11 Feb 2021, 13:03 PM

If you're not going to rework on this commander ability, just remove it and replace it with something else, or just remove it, it's a waste of interfaze to have it.
11 Feb 2021, 16:14 PM

That is part of reason my suggestion was to replace conscripts/ost with a "new" squad that have target size 1 can merge but can not reinforce. This solution address most issues.
Pip
11 Feb 2021, 16:30 PM

You currently get a similar MP spread on merging Conscripts into Guards, yet few do it and pros even advise against it from what I see.
Yes, you'd save a bit of MP, on the other hand you lose quite a lot of resources if your squad cannot hold its position as strongly. Ostheer squads really count on every single model performing decently. Especially PGrens who suffer heavily if they lose models.

Obviously I don't know how it exactly would turn out, but judging by the usage of Conscript merge on elite squads, it will likely be a bigger ability rework that won't bring much at all, even if you might gain an additional 30ish MP on the short term.

I agree, and it's what I've been trying to argue, as well. I would never want to replace grenadier models (Or, god forbid, Panzergrenadier models) with Ostruppen models, because the reduction in staying power (and so DPS, map control, etc) is simply not worth the saving in MP nor in the slightly quicker return to action. You're losing in the long term through a loss of overall map presence/territory.

Merge (and especially this inferior pseudo-merge) would be awful on Ostheer, SOV at least has the benefit of (almost) universal 6-man squads, which makes each individual unit's survivability less an issue (Though as you've said, this still isnt enough for Pros to make heavy use of it on units like Guards)... and this is also why Ostruppen are a six man squad. On four-man squads (Which is literally every squad this ability would be able to be used with) you are giving up far too much.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 16:14 PMVipper

That is part of reason my suggestion was to replace conscripts/ost with a "new" squad that have target size 1 can merge but can not reinforce. This solution address most issues.

I mean, that's better i suppose, but still unusable on Panzergrenadiers, and not exactly stellar on Grens, either.
11 Feb 2021, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 16:30 PMPip

I mean, that's better i suppose, but still unusable on Panzergrenadiers, and not exactly stellar on Grens, either.

If there was a need for it one could reduce the target to 0.91 for the Ostheer version

(it is not really easy to make these kinds suggestions because of controversy that starts...)

But keep in mind that the purpose of these troops would be to allow the core unit to continue the fight, not replace them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 44
Russian Federation 23
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak