Login

russian armor

Help for an old Coh2 player back from retirement

20 Jan 2021, 11:32 AM
Donator 11

Hi guys,

I have not posted here in years! I have decided to get back into coh2 after a good few of years out as a young buck from my workplace has just got into coh2 after me telling how great it is and I have taken him under my old wing to help him out but have quickly realised that I am so out of touch with the game.

We have been playing 2v2 and I am really struggling to figure out which commanders for Wher are most effective these days in 2v2 and switching them out every game is not helping lol, any advice on the go to commanders would be great :)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

From

An old non-skilled vet BIG RON
20 Jan 2021, 11:36 AM

How many years?

Anyway, no faction is chained to commanders, in 2s, as long as you have 1 with Ele, you're good. Other two are completely up to you. Infantry doctrine is pretty strong atm, but its about to be patched out.
20 Jan 2021, 11:37 AM

Hi,
nice to see that veterans return to their duty;)
Meta commanders for Wehrmacht are:
- Jaeger Armor
- German infantry (because of 5 men Grens)
- Jaeger Infantry (good versatile commander)
- Strategic Reserves or the other Assgren commander
20 Jan 2021, 11:54 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2021, 11:36 AMKatitof
How many years?

Anyway, no faction is chained to commanders, in 2s, as long as you have 1 with Ele, you're good. Other two are completely up to you. Infantry doctrine is pretty strong atm, but its about to be patched out.

Good old Elefant commanders :) that's a good shout, I played vCoh from 2006 until coh2 came out and played coh2 from Alpha until about 3 years ago when I had children come along IRL and competitive gaming took a back seat, problem is now I am soooooo much slower than I used to be so I am trying to train up this guy who I work with as he is 21 full of energy and loves the game so far, I eventually hope he can carry me to many wins haha

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2021, 11:37 AMSmartie
Hi,
nice to see that veterans return to their duty;)
Meta commanders for Wehrmacht are:
- Jaeger Armor
- German infantry (because of 5 men Grens)
- Jaeger Infantry (good versatile commander)
- Strategic Reserves or the other Assgren commander

Thanks man appreciate this list, will try them out later, it's awesome to see they are still updating this game after all these years

21 Jan 2021, 05:57 AM

I find myself in a similar spot Big Ron lmao. I find I can get by on my opening knowledge, and if it's a long drawn out boring end game with 4 units each, that way I can old man them to death, that's easy to manage, experience counts for something there; but those crazy middle games with units flying everywhere, all kinds of tactics and dynamism I just get blown off the map hahah, hands can't do what the brain wants and the eyes can't even see it lol.
21 Jan 2021, 08:40 AM

As an old guy myself I feel your pain. I don't have a solution but just chill and enjoy what is still a really cool game after all this time.
21 Jan 2021, 08:46 AM

I find myself in a similar spot Big Ron lmao. I find I can get by on my opening knowledge, and if it's a long drawn out boring end game with 4 units each, that way I can old man them to death, that's easy to manage, experience counts for something there; but those crazy middle games with units flying everywhere, all kinds of tactics and dynamism I just get blown off the map hahah, hands can't do what the brain wants and the eyes can't even see it lol.

Well. I know that feeling all too well:=) and I play since 2016. When multitasking is king then I'm a farmer:)
21 Jan 2021, 09:03 AM
Donator 11

As an old guy myself I feel your pain. I don't have a solution but just chill and enjoy what is still a really cool game after all this time.

Haha nice too see I'm not alone in my boat then, maybe we should start an old vets clan lol

21 Jan 2021, 12:45 PM

considering the fucked up state the game is right now I would suggest just dropping the game and not waste time, maybe look forward for the new men of war that is coming up soon.
21 Jan 2021, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2021, 12:45 PMzerocoh
considering the fucked up state the game is right now I would suggest just dropping the game and not waste time, maybe look forward for the new men of war that is coming up soon.

Y. Most balanced time in history. Garbage all the way...
21 Jan 2021, 22:07 PM

Well, I can't really complain a lot about the hand thing, but damn what is on with the eyes? Depending on the game, I can't fucking see what's going on for the life of me.

I know it is kinda offtopic, but when I play PUBG with my nephew and some friends, I feel like I'm 90 Y.O. Can't make any guess from where shots are coming, can't see anyone running if it's more than 3feet away, and sure as hell if I don't camp, I won't get any shot at all. Note, I have a good computer, the graphics are great, and vision is 20/20 still (a miracle, might I say). It's just brain processing problems :D :rofl:

Anyway, if you guys are making some old farts clan, I'd like to join.
22 Jan 2021, 02:58 AM

Things I still hate in COH2,

1) The maps, why do you make 1v1 map that gigantic?

2) Unfair starting mainline infanty units making early game boring
Why must Assgren always win Tommies? Why must Rifles always win Volks? Why must Conscripts always win Gren before LMG42?
Lazy and boring design, Volks and Rifles was used to be state of the art balanced totally depends on skill and positioning, NOT THE COST OF THE UNITS

3) Easy squad wipe in late game arty casuing frustration, no matter how you preserve your fully vet dudes, they still die by a simple click

4) Mid game shock unit
I still recalled they said vCOH 222 being silly, then T70 being not silly? Able to wipe out a lone Gren even in retreat? How irony
28 Jan 2021, 16:27 PM

Jaeger Infantry is the best especially with the nerfs coming soon to other commanders. Commanders that I recommend is
1.)the assgren commander with the pioneer sachels can be situationally good because of the unique stuff he got like pg smoke/flares and okw panzer IV don't get tiger tho cause they are trash rn only build it as a last unit otherwise you'll just get overrun.
2.) Blitzkrieg though you have to work on vanilla ostheer can be good support or go all or nothing in t2 with mechanized.
3.) ostruppen well this commander requires even more micro can be quite good at high skill levels.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★