Login

russian armor

sync-error every game

20 Jan 2021, 05:24 AM

Literally every game that I've played since the patch, I've gotten a sync error. This has never EVER happened to me before. Am I doing something wrong? Is the game fucked? It sucks being booted out of a game for literally no discernable reason.
20 Jan 2021, 16:16 PM

have you tried reinstalling the game?
if the answer is no, try that first
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 20 Jan 2021, 17:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Would you be able to update us with your hardware specs please?

It seems users with certain hardware configurations are running into issues, which we are working to resolve currently.
21 Jan 2021, 03:01 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2021, 17:57 PMAndy_RE
Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Would you be able to update us with your hardware specs please?

It seems users with certain hardware configurations are running into issues, which we are working to resolve currently.

I have gotten sync errors 2 games in a row, very strange. I've gotten sync errors sporadically past 2 days.

I have a:
Windows 10
GTX 970
24GB of RAM
i7 4770K

I verified coh2 files. I will try reinstalling tonight and see if tomorrow it is better.

Also I get bugsplats in some replays, as in, it is impossible to watch the replay because there are bugsplats 100% of the time on recent games from after patch.

I forgot to report bug splats but I will do it from now on
21 Jan 2021, 03:05 AM
Donator 11

I have gotten sync errors 2 games in a row, very strange. I've gotten sync errors sporadically past 2 days.

I have a:
Windows 10
GTX 970
24GB of RAM
i7 4770K

I verified coh2 files. I will try reinstalling tonight and see if tomorrow it is better.

Also I get bugsplats in some replays, as in, it is impossible to watch the replay because there are bugsplats 100% of the time on recent games from after patch.

I forgot to report bug splats but I will do it from now on

I should mention that I've played like 5 6 games today without sync error. So most of the time there is no problem.

One time I got a bugsplat when I minimized my game and then remaximized it when the game loaded to start playing.
21 Jan 2021, 16:42 PM

My friend and I were playing some matches this morning. Both of us got sync error in the middle of the game. And both of us got bugsplat after a minute. Does this mean it was a server problem? We played few matches after the patch and this is the first time this error happened.
21 Jan 2021, 18:17 PM

from my experience the patch made the game super sensible to internet instability, so if you just have a little lag the game kicks you out.
21 Jan 2021, 19:55 PM

90% of games with my team are sync-error, 6 yesterday and 4 today. All 4 of us did reinstall the game after patch.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 21 Jan 2021, 20:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Latest news on this chaps

------

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/247003/64-bit-update-hotfix#latest

"Hi everyone,

We are excited and hopeful that you all are enjoying the 64bit update so far!

We are focusing on some bugs that have impacted certain hardware configurations, and are aiming for a hotfix next week to address them.

This hotfix will include:

-Sync Errors related to AMD and Intel processors playing together in the same match
-A fix for another generalized Sync Error
-Addition of archive.exe (for Mod tools and World Builder users)
-A fix for a crash when applying snowcap to model without a mesh

Additionally we are targeting a server side fix for leaderboard and player card display issues. This is unrelated to the 64 Bit Update."
22 Jan 2021, 01:58 AM

allright, so i tried to play 4 team games (3s 4s) since the patch and all ended with a sync error + bugsplat

1s and 2s are fine as far as i can tell

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS