Login

russian armor

Various bugs, game play issues

18 Jan 2021, 16:18 PM

I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway to improve some game play issues I have, if it is internet connection or hardware or something else.

1. Input lag-
This is erratic, sometimes its slightly under a second, sometimes its 5-8 seconds. It seems to happen more when there are multiple units engaged, say 3-4 infantry units fighting, a lot of times my retreat button simply wont work and the unit will stand there, or have the icon above its head that it has received a retreat command but the unit will just stand there until it dies, this can be a full squad taking 5-8 seconds of damage.

2. weird behavior of infantry:
a couple times a match I will tell a squad to move somewhere and only one model will move, the rest will stand still. I can tell a squad to move all the way across the map and one model will walk all the way across the map and the rest will stand in base. I cannot do things like build sandbags when this happens, just a very irritating extra load to manage to make sure the infantry isn't split up.

3. Inability to use cover correctly
Essentially I cannot use cover as the game is designed. Say I want to put a unit behind a green cover wall, I select the unit then click drag the squad to spread out along the wall, as I see everyone doing in streams and such. My units do not do this, they go to vicinity of the green cover wall but never to the position I click dragged to, most times they will place themselves on the opposite side of the wall. I have to click around the wall 10-15 times until they are positioned in a way that is sort of usable (rarely ideal).

4. Snares cancelling/not firing.
This seems to happen with USF and Brit alot, if a vehicle comes within range to snare, and I activate the snare while the vehicle is in range, often the snare will not fire, the vehicle will drive out of range and snare will cancel, the vehicle can be in range for quite a long time and the snare will not go off.

5. Inability to select units correctly/weird selection issue
A lot of times if I want to select a single unit out of say 3, I will be unable to, and it will select all three as if I have done a box selection movement with my mouse. Often units can be very clearly separated by some distance, I click once on the icon above the unit I want to select and both squads will be selected.

6. Weird shift command action
Constant behavior from units that I have shift commanded actions when I have not. An example of this could be I have an RE that I want to go to a point, the RE walks a ways to the point but I change my mind of what I want the unit to do, so I select the RE and for example tell it to build a tank trap somewhere else. The RE will continue to the first point I issued to it before going to build the tank trap as if I had shift commanded it to do so when I am absolutely positive I have not. This sort of weird action happens in all sorts of ways in the game leading to a giant mess of uncontrollable units at times.

7. Double click not working

Often I will need to click things 8-10 times with my mouse before the double click occurs. Mouse is new, never any problems outside of the game. More lag?

8. Radar match queue carrying over into the match
The wooOOOooooooOOOOoooooOOOOOO sound that the radar gives off can often carry over into the actual match and remain the entirety of the match.

I have reasonably fast internet, I am playing on a 2020 iMac running Windows 10, I have experienced all these issues on a different computer though.
18 Jan 2021, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2021, 16:18 PMReverb

3. Inability to use cover correctly
Essentially I cannot use cover as the game is designed. Say I want to put a unit behind a green cover wall, I select the unit then click drag the squad to spread out along the wall, as I see everyone doing in streams and such. My units do not do this, they go to vicinity of the green cover wall but never to the position I click dragged to, most times they will place themselves on the opposite side of the wall. I have to click around the wall 10-15 times until they are positioned in a way that is sort of usable (rarely ideal).

The infatry cover is "sticky" and "smart". When you move the cursor near cover it will highlight position the entities will take in cover.

Weather they will spread or bunch up depends on how close to the cover you move you cursor.
18 Jan 2021, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2021, 16:24 PMVipper

The infatry cover is "sticky" and "smart". When you move the cursor near cover it will highlight position the entities will take in cover.

Weather they will spread or bunch up depends on how close to the cover you move you cursor.

I can try to position my units using the small colored diamonds on the map and will still be unable to position the unit on these small colored diamonds.
18 Jan 2021, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2021, 16:25 PMReverb

I can try to position my units using the small colored diamonds on the map and will still be unable to position the unit on these small colored diamonds.

Are you using 1 squad or more?

The point work pretty accurately for me when I use I squad but one has to click without moving the cursor.
18 Jan 2021, 17:04 PM

How much lag is normal? If I play against AI, there seems to be about a 200ms lag, if I play against people online, the best it manages is slightly under 1 second.
18 Jan 2021, 19:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Which country do you live in?

Last we know of, servers are in USA, probable NY.
We recently had a thread from Germans having problems due to their ISP. Only solution was to use a VPN.

Average amount of delayed should be based depending how far away you are to the servers AND how your ISP decides to make jumps towards the server.

People also make the strange association that just because you have fast internet speed (download/upload) it translate to a good quality service. Speed is only one component and almost never the real issue you would ever have issues with multiplayer games.

Are you using WIFI over wired? That generally adds another factor to take into account if you have issues.
18 Jan 2021, 22:47 PM

I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway to improve some game play issues I have, if it is internet connection or hardware or something else.
The wooOOOooooooOOOOoooooOOOOOO sound that the radar gives off can often carry over into the actual match and remain the entirety of the match.

I experienced this often as well. It seems to happen on specific maps. Haven't played the x64 version yet though.
18 Jan 2021, 22:52 PM

That happens to me, when i alt tab when searching, and alt tab back in to the loading screen, just when it finishes loading.
19 Jan 2021, 02:16 AM

Thats happens lot if you use game in alt-tab mode when searching.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★