Login

russian armor

WC 2020 aftermath WC51

23 Nov 2020, 16:01 PM

In WC 2020 the WC51 so allot of action. Does the unit need nerfs and if so what changes would be suitable.
23 Nov 2020, 16:10 PM

needs to have same health and armour as the soviet penal halftrack, same as the Brits Halftrack.
wc51 should not be able to cap points too, if it has so many abilities, health and armor
23 Nov 2020, 17:25 PM

The WC51 is somewhat overburdened with abilities.

- Can cap points
- Decent health which makes it highly survivable in the hands of a skilled player
- Transport a squad that can fire out of the vehicle
- Crew for repairs, or switch veterancy on vehicles
- Arty barrage
- Mark target
- HMG upgrade with great range and power against infantry and LV's

Some of these things simply need to be adjusted or outright removed. But we don't want to butcher it into irrelevance either by making it a worse doctrinal kubel. Would love to see opinions of the balance team with this jeep.
23 Nov 2020, 17:51 PM

A tournament seeing a lot of action from a given unit does not make it automatically warrant a nerf. According to the logic, other units like the Jackson has barely seen any play in the tournament at all, does that mean it needs a buff?

It is the just the current meta which is mostly dictated by early game units like the WC51, Ostruppen and the 222. Some nudging of other units like on OKW and other units here and there and the WC51 will be balanced.

I'd rather see a buff to the M20 so that will see more play and less people will be inclined to choose the WC51. It's the action - causality effect of nerfing units. It's kind if stupid that the tournament was mostly the same thing over and over again, just because that's what all that is left after endless cycles of nerfing units over and over again.
23 Nov 2020, 17:55 PM

This unit needs nerfs, it basically shuts down OKW completly.
Changes required:

Reduce hp so mine can oneshot it and it dies to 2 fausts
Reduce dmg to sov sc level
Reduce range

Then this unit becomes like a sov sc with more utility which is fine IMO not the stupid I snipe evrything at max range unit
23 Nov 2020, 19:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This unit needs nerfs, it basically shuts down OKW completly.
Changes required:

Reduce hp so mine can oneshot it and it dies to 2 fausts
Reduce dmg to sov sc level
Reduce range

Then this unit becomes like a sov sc with more utility which is fine IMO not the stupid I snipe evrything at max range unit

Yep.

I'll rather see the base stats which make it "broken" nerf rather than stripping it down from any of the utility is has.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★