Login

russian armor

USF officer

20 Nov 2020, 03:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2020, 12:24 PMVipper
USF

LT:
start with 1 Thompson/4 carbines can now upgrade with 2 more after weapon rack unlocked, takes all weapon slots.
Vet 1 ability "on me" (ability can scale with veterancy)
Reasons:
Solidifies LT as an offensive AI unit.

Captain:
Start with 5 Garrands, can now upgrade with an LMG take all weapons slot, can no longer supervise
, has access to frag grenade and AT grenade
Vet 1, "mortar barrage" calls in a mortar barrage (ability can scale with veterancy)
Reasons:
Solidifies Captain as defensive oriented unit with utility

Major:
Now has 1 entity can be upgrade to increase entity to 3, start with pistol if upgrade 1 carbines.
Reckon flight replaced by use binoculars providing "focus sight" as vet 1 ability.
Smoke grenade removed can now supervise.
Reason:
Major become utility oriented while allowing player to use him both in base and out of it with low Pop.

Reckon plane removed since this option should not be available stock.

For all officer, i suggest a reduce version of para/ranger carbine for the whole squad, it will be both consistency and historical accuracy.

About the smoke laucher, i agree on share CD with nade, but also want to see them available on LT and CPT nontech, in exchange for removing it from echelon, thus make officer more unique. And CPT should also have frag nade available with normal tech since he is still a combat squad. Another option is LT and CPT can have AT nade at vet 0 but.

For LT, he can still use a 2x Thompsons upgrade but also can pick between it and a 1× bazooka upgrade nontech (tech still needed if want to double up). Thompson obviously will come with "on me" and zok can come with something like vehicle detection.

For CPT, i suggest a 4 man squad. Upgrades include a nontech 1x BAR upgrade (can still double up with tech), since cpt is authorized with the company reverse weapons pool of BAR this will be historical reference and also dont require making a m1919 stock. The Bar upgrade add the 5th rifleman and can open a time suppression vet ability, of med kit of something utility if suppress is too strong. Further more, he can chose between the Bar and a "radio man" upgrade which add a pathfinder model and unlock a smoke and a light artillery barrage of mortar or pack howitzer.

For the major, reduced pop and move supervise to him is good but i will stat neft the recon by remove the second plane at vet rather than outright remove it. If further neft is required, it can be adjust that the plane delay longer before come, slower and easier to be shoot down, of make it work like UK command vehicle plane, fly around the major for a short time.

20 Nov 2020, 07:12 AM

I thought in case of Shocktroops, it was a case of an unfixable bug.

"Due to a programming level bug with Shock Troop grenade cooldowns, a shared cooldown has been reinstated."

It was originally changed to give Shocks something extra as an elite unit I guess, but I never would have agreed with that. I'm glad it got changed back, even if for the "wrong" reason. I don't think any unit should have a regular smoke grenade (specifically one they can walk through) and an HE grenade without a shared cooldown.
20 Nov 2020, 10:03 AM

It was originally changed to give Shocks something extra as an elite unit I guess, but I never would have agreed with that. I'm glad it got changed back, even if for the "wrong" reason.

Last thing shock troops need is a buff that would allow them to walk over hmgs frontally.
(Even pointed it out when it before it was even first introduced)

But I am glad we clarified the smoke grenade/ HE grenade thing and now we can move on.
Vaz
23 Nov 2020, 06:17 AM

I don't know how anyone could be struggling so hard against USF to have a desire to nerf them so hard. Especially not in team games.
23 Nov 2020, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2020, 06:17 AMVaz
I don't know how anyone could be struggling so hard against USF to have a desire to nerf them so hard. Especially not in team games.

That is because you start with the erroneous assumption that one has to struggle to suggest changes and the assumption that the change aim to nerf the USF faction.

Your post also seem to indicate that USF actually struggle when the latest tournaments seem to indicate they are one of the strongest allied factions.

My point is simple, officers are a power spike for the USF faction, by lowering the spike effect one can balance the faction better.

In addition the suggestions aim at making officer more unique with better suited abilities for their role instead of an extra "riflemen".
Vaz
24 Nov 2020, 09:53 AM

KT is a power spike too, but it'll be a cold day in hell when you go on the board requesting ridiculous nerfs for that unit.
24 Nov 2020, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2020, 09:53 AMVaz
KT is a power spike too, but it'll be a cold day in hell when you go on the board requesting ridiculous nerfs for that unit.

So the reason you are posting is to prove that I am biased.

Ok thanks, for the constructive feedback.

If you have anything even remotely related to USF officers feel free to drop a line.
Vaz
24 Nov 2020, 13:11 PM

Your bias is extremely obvious, I have nothing to prove. The officers should be left alone.
24 Nov 2020, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2020, 10:30 AMVipper

So the reason you are posting is to prove that I am biased.

Ok thanks, for the constructive feedback.

If you have anything even remotely related to USF officers feel free to drop a line.

As I gave ideas before. For me Officers should locked behind the Tech + Mechanized, and not come for free.
Officers come with heavily armed without weapon rack. For higher manpower cost (I can say raise the price up to 400mp, Captain has elite Zook stats)

If they requires weaponrack because they're free squads. Then they're nothing difference than Riflemen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 10
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment