Login

russian armor

Best way to Practice and get better at the game

25 Oct 2020, 12:22 PM

So, I wanna get better at the game, i wanna go from being a noob to a competent player how do i go on doing that. what are some of the best ways to improve certain skills(e.g. map wide awareness, controlling multiple units at different parts of the map) and how to practice. I hope that the more experienced player in the community give me advise and maybe also share what worked for them.
And if this is the wrong place to post then direct me to the right place.
25 Oct 2020, 12:46 PM

I think the most important thing is to focus on just 1-2 things at a time and practise them until they become routine, before moving on to the next thing. Trying to improve everything at once is just overwhelming.

So for example focus on always A-moving your (support) units, until you start doing that automatically. Then move on to the next thing. The key is to expand your routine so ultimately you start doing all these (small) efficient things faster and without having to think about them.

Some stuff that is relatively easy to nail down:
- A-move ATGs when advancing so they will automatically set up when a vehicle is within their range;
- Use shift-reverse or shift-move orders for rocket artillery or mobile howitzers so they will automatically move back to safety after delivering their barrage;
- For repairing tanks, always use a move order behind the vehicle with a shift-queue order for repairs. This way your engineers will always end up repairing the vehicle from behind which prevents them from getting hit collaterally by incoming fire aimed at the vehicle;
- Focus on using the abilities on your units that aren't as obvious but can be quite powerful, like the booby traps on Obersoldaten;
- Use shift-orders to lay down multiple mines at once and always use a shift-move order after a mine laying order so your engineer squad moves away from the mine after completing it. This both moves them out of harm's way and makes sure the enemy doesn't spot your mine (the tight square squad formation after laying a mine gives away what the engineers have just been up to)

25 Oct 2020, 16:34 PM

I think the most important thing is to focus on just 1-2 things at a time and practise them until they become routine, before moving on to the next thing. Trying to improve everything at once is just overwhelming.

So for example focus on always A-moving your (support) units, until you start doing that automatically. Then move on to the next thing. The key is to expand your routine so ultimately you start doing all these (small) efficient things faster and without having to think about them.

Some stuff that is relatively easy to nail down:
- A-move ATGs when advancing so they will automatically set up when a vehicle is within their range;
- Use shift-reverse or shift-move orders for rocket artillery or mobile howitzers so they will automatically move back to safety after delivering their barrage;
- For repairing tanks, always use a move order behind the vehicle with a shift-queue order for repairs. This way your engineers will always end up repairing the vehicle from behind which prevents them from getting hit collaterally by incoming fire aimed at the vehicle;
- Focus on using the abilities on your units that aren't as obvious but can be quite powerful, like the booby traps on Obersoldaten;
- Use shift-orders to lay down multiple mines at once and always use a shift-move order after a mine laying order so your engineer squad moves away from the mine after completing it. This both moves them out of harm's way and makes sure the enemy doesn't spot your mine (the tight square squad formation after laying a mine gives away what the engineers have just been up to)

Thanks for the advise, i really appreciate it. I never knew about the engineer repairing from behind thing i'll start doing that.
25 Oct 2020, 18:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://www.coh2.org/topic/105889/top-5-reasons-for-the-good-high-rank-game/page/1#post_id826364

Check that thread.

As Sanders said, start small and keep adding things. Build a good foundation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★