OKW needs buff?

Do you think OKW need buff?
Option Distribution Votes
46%
54%
Total votes: 59
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Oct 2020, 05:08 AM

Have been playing as OKW recernly, have to say, OKW has some trouble against all Allie factions.
Then Switch back to Allie, win the game way much easier.

Do you think OKW need some buff? or Allies can have some nerf?

25 Oct 2020, 09:37 AM

how odd is it that the same guy who tried to nerf the worst line infantry of the worst faction now asks for buffs for his favorite faction... despite that faction having decent winrate...

yeah okw needs some changes... mostly its teching is really far and off at the moment... id start with healing... healing is in BGHQ while the useful units are in MechHQ

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 05:08 AMnwglfls

or Allies can have some nerf?

you need a buff
25 Oct 2020, 10:17 AM

Gotta love how these kind of players dont have their playercard linked :)
25 Oct 2020, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 09:37 AMgbem
how odd is it that the same guy who tried to nerf the worst line infantry of the worst faction now asks for buffs for his favorite faction... despite that faction having decent winrate...

yeah okw needs some changes... mostly its teching is really far and off at the moment... id start with healing... healing is in BGHQ while the useful units are in MechHQ

you need a buff

pls do not make this personal.
25 Oct 2020, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 09:37 AMgbem
... despite that faction having decent winrate...

How does it affect/is it related to balance in your opinion?
25 Oct 2020, 10:34 AM

How does it affect/is it related to balance in your opinion?

OKW needs streamlining not an outright buff... its main issue is that trying to get healing while getting out a good LV is equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot... if that issue were fixed OKW would be pretty nice to play otherwise...

now if anything needs a major rework its the worst performing faction in the game... and that isnt OKW
25 Oct 2020, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 10:34 AMgbem

OKW needs streamlining not an outright buff... its main issue is that trying to get healing while getting out a good LV is equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot... if that issue were fixed OKW would be pretty nice to play otherwise...

I agree that most factions need delicate changes (definition of delicate might be different for many, though)
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 10:34 AMgbem

now if anything needs a major rework its the worst performing faction in the game... and that isnt OKW

IMO it actually is in 1v1 for sure.

But still - you didn't reply how balance in your opinion is connected with winrates.
25 Oct 2020, 11:17 AM

IMO it actually is in 1v1 for sure.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/105597/1v1-automatch-stats/page/1#post_id822826

that statement is disproven with even basic objective analysis...
by far and large sov has the lowest winrate at all positions of the ladder with an average of 3% difference to the highest rated faction and as much as 10% difference in the 2.5 to 12.5% ladder and consistently maintains some of the lowest winrates in the ladder...

But still - you didn't reply how balance in your opinion is connected with winrates.

if a faction is weak and uncompetitive it will have lower winrates across the board... this is reflected by the graph
25 Oct 2020, 12:08 PM

Somehow I doubt you've played that much allies
25 Oct 2020, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 11:17 AMgbem

Problem is those number are from 9th of April to the 29th of May and there patches in April, in April, in May and June and player had not enough time to adapt to those changes.

The Numbers show the OKW to have the highest winrate in 1vs1 I but suspect most people will say that ostheer are currently stronger than OKW for istance.
25 Oct 2020, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 11:17 AMgbem

if a faction is weak and uncompetitive it will have lower winrates across the board... this is reflected by the graph

That is actually a hell of a mistake to think like that. Completely irrelevant to balance. Read what the author of those stats wrote about how to interpret them and how specifically it is ill advised to use them for balance purposes.

Extremely wrong to use it as a balance argument. Will lead to a lot of bad balance decisions.
25 Oct 2020, 13:30 PM

Have been playing as OKW recernly, have to say, OKW has some trouble against all Allie factions.

True

Do you think OKW need some buff? or Allies can have some nerf?

A complicated question. Generally as OKW you can't make as many mistakes as U can when playing allies. Plus U really can't lose your engineer while at the same time U have to use it efficiently on the front line, which is difficult. Generally, the automatch system will match U against weaker players (inferior micro skills, etc) who will play as allies to compensate for OKW's worse performance. Sometimes it will still lead to frustration as U will probably be able to see that U are a better player and make better decisions but they don't necessarily transfer into advantage.
25 Oct 2020, 13:42 PM

True

A complicated question. Generally as OKW you can't make as many mistakes as U can when playing allies. Plus U really can't lose your engineer while at the same time U have to use it efficiently on the front line, which is difficult. Generally, the automatch system will match U against weaker players (inferior micro skills, etc) who will play as allies to compensate for OKW's worse performance. Sometimes it will still lead to frustration as U will probably be able to see that U are a better player and make better decisions but they don't necessarily transfer into advantage. With allies you are more likely to feel pity for your axis opponent when you are exploiting certain advantages they have (to see that you have to play all factions).

I dont think I can accept your psycho analysis of player mindsets while playing. You might be just projecting on other people, but in my experience players do no generally think like this. At least not in CoH.

That said, despite what the graph says I do think OKW has a tough time in 1v1 specifically.

Sometimes looking at stats doesn't give the whole picture.
For example, my winrate DRAMATICALLY increases based on the length of the game- the longer the games last, the more likely I am to win.
One might interpret this to mean that I am more skilled at the late game then I am in the early game, or that I am particularly vulnerable to early timing specific offensive builds.
But the reality is, if I let a game last longer its because I see there is still a chance for me to win. Once I see that slip away I tend to just quit. As a result games that end early for me tend to be because I saw the situation as hopeless and just left- if I fought to the bitter end in every match, the win rates would even out.

The point is that what the numbers reveal is clear as mud. Maybe OKW has a higher win rate because its a better "noob stomping" faction so as long as you are paired against someone with any degree lower rank you are almost guaranteed a victory but against someone of equal or superior rank you have only an even chance at best. Or any of a thousand other possibilities and variables.

I am not dismissing the numbers, I think they have some interesting implications but you can't just conclude "faction A is worse than Faction B" just by factor of them having a 1-2% difference in winrate not factoring in any other variables.
25 Oct 2020, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 13:42 PMSerrith

I dont think I can accept your psycho analysis of player mindsets while playing. You might be just projecting on other people, but in my experience players do no generally think like this. At least not in CoH.

Yeah, I guess I exagerrated a bit here haha. Edited the post :) Never meant to analyse player mindsets.
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 13:42 PMSerrith

That said, despite what the graph says I do think OKW has a tough time in 1v1 specifically.

Here I don't agree. The graph is balance irrelevant.
25 Oct 2020, 13:52 PM

Just rework Tech tree like USF
25 Oct 2020, 13:53 PM

Here I don't agree. The graph is balance irrelevant.

Thats more or less what I said.
25 Oct 2020, 14:03 PM

That is actually a hell of a mistake to think like that. Completely irrelevant to balance. Read what the author of those stats wrote about how to interpret them and how specifically it is ill advised to use them for balance purposes.

Extremely wrong to use it as a balance argument. Will lead to a lot of bad balance decisions.

yet most people actually agree with the data and state that the soviets are the weakest fac in game...
25 Oct 2020, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 14:03 PMgbem

yet most people actually agree with the data and state that the soviets are the weakest fac in game...

Most people is not an argument. It is better just to read and understand what the autor of the graph(s) wrote about how it/they are created and how he himself believes they are irrelevant to balance discussions. It seems to be another repeated too many times a myth here on the forum that winrates tell you a lot about balance. It is extremely harmful to balance discussions. Your claim about Soviets (based on the graph) too.
25 Oct 2020, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 13:53 PMSerrith

Thats more or less what I said.

True, my bad.
25 Oct 2020, 14:25 PM

Most people is not an argument. It is better just to read and understand what the autor of the graph(s) wrote about how it/they are created and how he himself believes they are irrelevant to balance discussions. It seems to be another repeated too many times a myth here on the forum that winrates tell you a lot about balance. It is extremely harmful to balance discussions. Your claim about Soviets (based on the graph) too.

what is extremely harmful is the countless waves of suggestions to nerf the soviets despite being the faction with the lowest winrate... of course youre just gonna keep on claiming the earth is flat despite data saying otherwise soo if youre gonna believe in your little fairytale land thinking that OKW needs some major overhaul unlike the actual weakest faction ingame then im sorry to disappoint...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 1
Germany 665
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %