Login

russian armor

Late game USF in 2v2?

19 Oct 2020, 12:47 PM

Hello, I have been wondering about a USF strategy for 2v2, and for team games in general. specifically late-game strategy. I can handle the early and mid-game quite well, but in the late game, I just don´t know what to do. USF is my weakest team game faction by far, and I would really appreciate some advice. The main problems I have are as follows:

1) Riflemen are innefective against elite Axis infantry. Even upgraded, they just struggle hard.
2) Shermans, the natural answer to that, get hard countered by Axis armor and AT, Pack howitzers, MGs and mortars get wiped either by the charging blob, or by Walking Stukas.
3) Jacksons get destroyed way too easily, which makes it almost impossible to destroy Axis armor. They just reverse out of range, because I can´t get close enough.

It´s basically the same almost every match. I win the early-game, hold OK through the mid-game, and then get absolutely picked apart in the late-game. Especially double USF is just unplayable for me.

Btw, I find that when playing Axis team games, the USF is usually the easiest opponent, so maybe that´s just how it is in team games, idk. I would be grateful for any advice on build orders, or just playstyle in general.
19 Oct 2020, 13:19 PM

Why don´t you try Airborne doctrine?
They have Paratroopers at 3 Cp with LMG upgrade. Add two Jacksons to that in the late game and you have a solid base to fight any Axis infantry or tank.
19 Oct 2020, 13:41 PM

Why don´t you try Airborne doctrine?
They have Paratroopers at 3 Cp with LMG upgrade. Add two Jacksons to that in the late game and you have a solid base to fight any Axis infantry or tank.

I did try it, but I just find that it´s really lacking in indirect fire. No real way to destroy Axis team weapons and bases. It forces you to rely on your team mate for that, which in the lower rankings is rather questionable. Also, the P-47s are useless when playing against double OKW, because the Schwer just shoots them down instantly.
19 Oct 2020, 15:07 PM

Veto as many long range late-game grind maps as possible.
Work on your stuka dodging skills.
always try to screen for you tank with inf, double pak/rak is usf worst enemy.
Calliope or Airborne are usually the go to commander but youre right, with airborne you need a teammate that can provide the arty so i guess calliope is the safer option in random games.
double jackson can deal with pretty much any axis armor, keep them alive at any cost

and than the usual late-game stuff:
find weak spots in your opponent lines
go for wipes not map control
set up dives to hunt enemy rocket arty (try to spot where they park them after their salvos, sweep your way, get a sherman on hold fire and prio vehicles and go in)

19 Oct 2020, 16:18 PM

Work on your stuka dodging skills.

First priority! XD XD XD
19 Oct 2020, 17:15 PM

Urban Assault is usually a safe bet if you get good with with Calliope and cheesing with Cover to Cover Zook Rangers it can cover up a lot of USF's late game weaknesses
19 Oct 2020, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2020, 12:47 PMmediev
Hello, I have been wondering about a USF strategy for 2v2, and for team games in general. specifically late-game strategy. I can handle the early and mid-game quite well, but in the late game, I just don´t know what to do. USF is my weakest team game faction by far, and I would really appreciate some advice. The main problems I have are as follows:

1) Riflemen are innefective against elite Axis infantry. Even upgraded, they just struggle hard.
2) Shermans, the natural answer to that, get hard countered by Axis armor and AT, Pack howitzers, MGs and mortars get wiped either by the charging blob, or by Walking Stukas.
3) Jacksons get destroyed way too easily, which makes it almost impossible to destroy Axis armor. They just reverse out of range, because I can´t get close enough.

It´s basically the same almost every match. I win the early-game, hold OK through the mid-game, and then get absolutely picked apart in the late-game. Especially double USF is just unplayable for me.

Btw, I find that when playing Axis team games, the USF is usually the easiest opponent, so maybe that´s just how it is in team games, idk. I would be grateful for any advice on build orders, or just playstyle in general.

1) Dont try to go toe to toe. 2vs1, catching out of position, superior cover are your friends. Ofc that wont work always, you should have either 50 cals, Pack-howies or M8s as main AI

2) Shermans are off-meta. Stuka is indeed wipey AF but he can only fire one as often and then you recrew, repair and go on

3)If he reversed outta range, it means you won that fight. Dont ever chase unless its only one shot away from death and fight from max range
19 Oct 2020, 20:15 PM

1) Dont try to go toe to toe. 2vs1, catching out of position, superior cover are your friends. Ofc that wont work always, you should have either 50 cals, Pack-howies or M8s as main AI

2) Shermans are off-meta. Stuka is indeed wipey AF but he can only fire one as often and then you recrew, repair and go on

3)If he reversed outta range, it means you won that fight. Dont ever chase unless its only one shot away from death and fight from max range

1) It´s tough to go 2v1 in the late game, when all the infantry is usally a-moved in one big blob. A blob made of Fusiliers, Falls or Obers, covered by Raketens, will get through almost everything. I had games where I baited the enemy blob into my own, covered by a .50 cal. The .50 opened fire at max range, together with my entire blob, right as the enemy blob charged in. The perfect trap. Didn´t make a difference. I still got wrecked almost every time. Especially Fusiliers could use a nerf I think.¨

2) I guess that´s true, but as it gains veterancy, and cooldown bonuses, that becomes harder and harder. Guess I just have to dive it with my weak af armor. :)

3) Sure, but it´s the same thing as the Stuka. If I let the enemy tank get away, it will gain veterancy. At some point, that veterancy becomes too much for my Jacksons to handle, and they just start getting owned.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★