Login

russian armor

State of G43 Grens

21 Sep 2020, 13:37 PM

Been playing Elite Troops again, and losing heavily. I try establishing a munition farm early for my lead 2-3 Grens with MG42/MG42 (or 1x Mortar), and Grens simply don't have enough DPS to take on unvetted mainline infantry.

Penals will rip 4 man G43 Grens to shreds.

7/6 man cons rip vetted G43 Grens to shreds.

US Infantry rips vetted G43 Grens to shreds.

UKF infantry rips G43 Grens to shreds even before bolster.

I really hate being locked into 2/3 Doctrines (VSL, Strategic, Ostruppen) in order to be competitive.

And honestly, the stun grenade, for what it is, is not good enough. I wish it had a feature where if the enemy retreats, it still slows them for 2-3 seconds so if you do ambush a unit with it with Stormtroopers, they can't easily just run away without unit loss.
21 Sep 2020, 13:43 PM

Use G43 on PANZERGRENS, they are chads, grens are incels in general.

On PGs G43 make them really nice, even in late game. Considering you will be getting buffs from armor and you will be able to engage at mid and somewhat long range.
1 Oct 2020, 17:27 PM

With or without G43., Granadiers need help of the support weapons to be Effective. or their own must be have superior cover and be stationary.
rifle granade is mandatory.

riflemen in general are terrible attacking, Use Pzgrandiers/storm troppers/assault granadiers for that.
17 Nov 2020, 03:18 AM

This is in 2v2,3v3,4v4

I just make 4 grenadiers, nothing else, give them g43 and blob them in a matter so i flank the enemy position.

Then i just tier 4 and grenadiers get so insanely cost effiecient cause of the tier 4 bonus.

But grens die so easily you say. That is because they need vet fast and the fastest way to get vet is by spamming riflegrenades and fausting enemy vehicles.

I once fausted a Brit lightvehicle and then i proceeded to hit it from behind by my 4 grens with g43 AND it died so fast and good vet too.

If you feel your grens are useless, then you are not blobbing them enough!

Peace out
17 Nov 2020, 05:54 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I would recommend posting a replay and requesting a review! Even if it's a short 10 minute game where you lost decisively it can still be helpful.

3 Dec 2020, 19:44 PM

Use the doctrine that has camouflage. Learn to ambush with stealth grens, or even stealth pgrens. Still very viable commander, just expect that your ammunition use will be very heavy on upgrades...
3 Dec 2020, 23:12 PM

Penals will rip 4 man G43 Grens to shreds.

US Infantry rips vetted G43 Grens to shreds.

It's not a great upgrade atm but if these 2 units shred your G43 grens you are doing something wrong I am afraid, like getting yourself completely outnumbered or not using their weapon profile design at all
5 Feb 2021, 12:39 PM

I wish it had a feature where if the enemy retreats, it still slows them for 2-3 seconds

It one had and it was obviously Op, so it was removed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS