Login

russian armor

IJF Mod Balance Feedback / Review

14 Aug 2020, 17:27 PM

Hi, everyone: I'm the creator of the Imperial Japanese Forces mod. It's been in development for a year and a half, and it's almost finished. In that time, I've gotten a lot of balance feedback, mostly from Sir Edgelord.
The goal is Competitive Viability. It needs just a little more fine-tuning; a few new sets of eyes would have a better chance of finding something we missed. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If any casters or community figures are interested, I would love a review once it's ready (and could be willing to compensate you for your time).

Here's the mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681429371
Thanks!
15 Aug 2020, 01:33 AM

Any casts or replays available? Would be interested in taking a look, it looks like a lot of work has gone into this.
MMX
15 Aug 2020, 04:24 AM

didn't have the chance to try it myself yet, but will definitely give it a spin. the mod sure looks very promising as far as i can tell from the workshop description, great work and thanks for sharing!
15 Aug 2020, 08:21 AM

If anybody wants to play some 1v1 games with this mod feel free to add my on Steam and we can do some testing. Bored as hell of the regular game right now and looking for something to spice it up in some way.
15 Aug 2020, 08:41 AM

looks interesting unfortunately I can not test now. Great work, well done.
15 Aug 2020, 10:18 AM

Played a chilled 3v3 game v US. Correct me if im missing something but their is no repair unit besides critical repair who heal 1/4 then run off (as said but are ment for critical repairs).

The reincarnated M-42 just got destroyed by shermans and the At round last 5 seconds (but dosnt fire anyway).

Honestly, any tank with above 200 armor you might as well run away which I can understand for the IPJ but in this game its a auto loose. Long story short, they have to have more effective At and repairs in their stock.

Other than that so far, your mod is really interesting and different. Just curious, are any stats different with the tanks since they use the t-70 and British modals?

Other than that, this is a fun mod except for the mid-late game.

This is coming from my first experience and probably with 1v1 in mind but they defiantly need more effective AT and repairing.

I love you have a squad that ignores suppression but cannot retreat (in the final tier structure).
15 Aug 2020, 17:49 PM

Thanks for the responses, guys!

Here's the only gameplay I've found online, a few patches out of date: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1Gji3IgDk
I'm planning on doing an overview video, not sure if my gameplay would be watchable.

Selvy- thanks for playing. The AT gun's AP rounds should be a toggle, unless that's bugged. It works well with the Coordinated Strike Zone (this is a very powerful ability, and Japan's late game kind of relies on it). For even heavier armor, the suppression-ignoring squad (Gyokusai) is best. 230 penetration, good deflection damage.

The tanks are different- the Ha-Go, for instance, is in between the T-70 and M5 in terms of AI vs AT. It also gains no vision with vet, since it is not a scout tank, but a raider.
As far as lack of repair goes, it's meant to promote a hit-and-run style. Gyokusai, who can benefit from Japan's good on-field reinforcement, take the meatshield role as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 566

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment