Login

russian armor

Give Mechanized's Surplus to Off-Meta Commanders

10 Aug 2020, 17:22 PM

USF's commander pool is somewhat skewed. Some of its commanders are a bit bare, whereas some have so many commander abilities crammed into them that some become redunant.

Mechanized is the prime example of the latter. It's got two clown cars (WC51 and M3) and two premium medium tanks (75mm Sherman Bulldozer and 76mm Sherman). That's a lot of overlap in role, and the commander would work just fine with one of each.

On the other hand, there are plenty of off-meta USF commanders that could do with a premium medium or a support halftrack. Rifle Company could do with the M3, and the defensive Infantry Company would definitely appreciate the slow but hardy 75mm Bulldozer.

What do you think? Is it worthwhile moving Mechanized's redundant abilities to commanders that could do with a buff?
10 Aug 2020, 17:59 PM

I dig it
10 Aug 2020, 18:04 PM

USF commander need to be looked at and abilities redistributed but I would rather not see dozer with Priest.

(the Dozer upgrade should simply be removed)

(Actually there should be an attempt to bring commanders from all factions to similar power levels.)
10 Aug 2020, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2020, 17:22 PMLago

On the other hand, there are plenty of off-meta USF commanders that could do with a premium medium or a support halftrack. Rifle Company could do with the M3, and the defensive Infantry Company would definitely appreciate the slow but hardy 75mm Bulldozer.

I like the rifle company suggestion, but infantry company is good enough imo, at least in team games. I can see why it might not get much use in 1v1, but it's a really strong commander in any other mode
10 Aug 2020, 18:23 PM

I like the rifle company suggestion, but infantry company is good enough imo, at least in team games. I can see why it might not get much use in 1v1, but it's a really strong commander in any other mode

I think that's fair. I'd be perfectly happy to make the 75mm Dozer an Urban Assault exclusive (or better, replace it with the more unique 105.)

However, going into specifics tends to derail threads, so I'm trying to stick to the high concept of redistributing the abilities of bloated commanders to off-meta ones. The specifics are best left to the balance team.
10 Aug 2020, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2020, 18:23 PMLago

However, going into specifics tends to derail threads, so I'm trying to stick to the high concept of redistributing the abilities of bloated commanders to off-meta ones. The specifics are best left to the balance team.

Fair enough, yeah I definitely like the idea in general. I'm sure USF wouldn't be the only ones in need of that
10 Aug 2020, 19:54 PM

As long as WC51 and 76mm M4 aren’t touched, I don’t care.
11 Aug 2020, 10:40 AM

+1

Bulldozer sherman is better in urban doctrine anyway because of the wp shells.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★