Login

russian armor

KV-2

28 Jul 2020, 07:19 AM

I tried the KV-2 again and I have to say that while it has a niche spot in CoH2. I feel that patches over time has left this unit behind. Some adjustments should be made to bring its performance in-line for its cost.

QOL Improvement. Cooldown of siege mode should be changed to 10 seconds to reflect how long it takes to setup.

Projectile speed. The projectile speed of the KV-2 in mobile mode vs siege mode is different. The speed should be normalized to a single speed instead of a varying.

I think the difference in projectile speed is likely due to range differences. The original idea may have been to have both projectiles to hit at around the same time. I feel this increases the difficulty of using this tank because there are different timings for attack ground on both modes. Normalizing speed would make attack ground easier to learn and feel better to use.

Veterancy. The veterancy requirements on the KV-2 are too high when its primary targets are infantry. Veterancy requirements should be lowered to be more in line with similar tanks with excellent anti-infantry capabilities such as the Tiger and Pershing.

28 Jul 2020, 08:14 AM

KV2 is good as it is. It doesn't need any more buffs.

IS2/Pershing/Tiger and KT got nerfs last patch while the KV2 got a slight veterancy buff. So your complaint about the KV2 getting worse with the recent balance updates makes no sense and is actually the complete opposite of the truth.
28 Jul 2020, 08:41 AM

KV2 is good as it is. It doesn't need any more buffs.

IS2/Pershing/Tiger and KT got nerfs last patch while the KV2 got a slight veterancy buff. So your complaint about the KV2 getting worse with the recent balance updates makes no sense and is actually the complete opposite of the truth.

The Kv2 really only received its vet back after all of them was unintentionally removed

Kv2 outdated old stats/vet

At post 150, it specifically states only the speed was replaced for the health bonus instead.

Change log

I only discovered it because I swear it use to have a absolutely stupid turret rotation (vet 2 was 50% and vet 3 granted a further 20% I recall).

Kv2 Not receiving full vet

Anyway, yeah the Kv2 is fine in my opinion.
MMX
28 Jul 2020, 09:00 AM

kv2 is fine and got even more preferable over the is2 after the nerfs to heavy tanks in the latest patch. if anything maybe the siege mode could get some love, like the teardown timer reduction suggested in the op. or bringing the scatter of the barrage more in line with that of the direct fire. kind of defeats the purpose of setting up your tank just to be rewarded with even less accurate shells (albeit with more range).
28 Jul 2020, 09:22 AM

I really don't want the siege mode to be buffed. Having to deal with ISU long range deleting units is bad enough we don't need another unit to do this especially because you can put the KV2 behind shotblockers and let it shoot away. IMO just keep it as it is. It's well balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 46
Mexico 6
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak