Login

russian armor

Centaur

16 Jul 2020, 11:10 AM

The centaur is the UKF AA tank with a cost of 320/100. Although that unit is good recently I find less and less reason to build it.

It AA,AI is good and even its anti vehicle performance (vs light armored target) is decent for an AA unit (obviously it no much for the PzIV).

The main issue is the current performance of Cromwell. For 40MP/10FU more one has access to the Cromwell that although having inferior AI it also comes with AT.

So unless AA is specifically need I would rather build a Cromwell.

Imo the solution to this issue is the lower the power level of Centaur to around 280-300 mp 80-90 fuel by reducing both price and performance. One might need to increase build time so it more difficult to rush.

The change will make the unit a better alternative to Cromwell for AI while also allow UKF to field a cheaper AA unit.
16 Jul 2020, 11:11 AM

If a unit is underperforming then it gets buffed. There is no llogic whatsoever to nerfing and making it 20mp and 10-20 fuel cheaper.
16 Jul 2020, 11:18 AM

If a unit is underperforming then it gets buffed. There is no llogic whatsoever to nerfing and making it 20mp and 10-20 fuel cheaper.

Centaur is not under-performing.
16 Jul 2020, 11:20 AM

If a unit is underperforming then it gets buffed. There is no logic whatsoever to nerfing and making it 20mp and 10-20 fuel cheaper.

I concur with you, it shows a poor understanding of gameplay to request that a unit which is underused to have to endure further nerfs in order to address viability to players and battle performance. Coincidentally, the centaur's current design and implementation do not warrant nerfs. In my opinion, the unit needs distinct modifications and potential buffs to make Centaurs more appealing and a more regular sight in any game-modes.

The UKF faction is already in a weird spot concerning its choice of suggesting a lot of mediocre units to players in any tiers. The solution to reinvigorating the UKF's roaster is not to make their units even worse than what they are now. It would only worsen the problem.

edit: ah.. my bad.
16 Jul 2020, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2020, 11:18 AMVipper

Centaur is not under-performing.

And apparently that is a problem since you want to make it under perform with that suggestion.

It doesn't matter how you try to dress it, you're suggesting a nerf.
16 Jul 2020, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't have the same feeling.
Centaur is in my opinion in a decent spot, at least decent enough that it does not need much attention at the moment. Power level compared to Ostwind is decent.
Maybe some slight alterations would be okay, but I think fiddling with it at the moment would cause more harm than good and probably suck up a lot of time.
16 Jul 2020, 11:34 AM

Give it a separate tech in Platoon CP and you can talk about further nefting.
16 Jul 2020, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2020, 11:23 AMKatitof

And apparently that is a problem since you want to make it under perform with that suggestion.

It doesn't matter how you try to dress it, you're suggesting a nerf.

PLS stop twisting what others have posted just to suit your own narrative.
16 Jul 2020, 11:55 AM

Give it a separate tech in Platoon CP and you can talk about further nefting.

Nobody suggested nerfing the unit, some people simply have trouble understanding what they have read.

16 Jul 2020, 11:59 AM

I don't have the same feeling.
Centaur is in my opinion in a decent spot, at least decent enough that it does not need much attention at the moment. Power level compared to Ostwind is decent.
Maybe some slight alterations would be okay, but I think fiddling with it at the moment would cause more harm than good and probably suck up a lot of time.

Yes Centaur is in good spot but Cromwell has become good in AI and they simply overlap in the AI department while having similar cost.
16 Jul 2020, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2020, 11:55 AMVipper

PLS stop twisting what others have posted just to suit your own narrative.

How do we call lowering stats of a unit?
16 Jul 2020, 12:22 PM

So if the crownwell offers more than the centaur, why does the centaur need a nerf? How would that make the centaur a more attractive option when for 60 mp and 20 fuel(roughly the cost difference if we apply your suggestion) you get a medium tank that has somewhat similiar AI but much better AT?

You're also missing out that the centaur is a god at AA, something the crownwell isn't. A single crownwell won't scare off an AT gun, something the centaur can do with its ability.

Imho you are trying to fix something that isn't broken.
16 Jul 2020, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2020, 11:55 AMVipper

Nobody suggested nerfing the unit, some people simply have trouble understanding what they have read.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2020, 11:10 AMVipper

Imo the solution to this issue is the lower the power level of Centaur

Ummmmm
16 Jul 2020, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2020, 12:27 PMKatitof

Ummmmm

He's also making it cheaper by about 20secs worth of fuel income, thus making it a buff instead of a nerf.
16 Jul 2020, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2020, 12:20 PMKatitof

How do we call lowering stats of a unit?
Since you seem to have trouble reading allow me high light the section in OP for you so you can understand better:

"Imo the solution to this issue is to lower the power level of Centaur to around 280-300 mp 80-90 fuel by reducing both price and performance."
16 Jul 2020, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2020, 12:22 PMA table
So if the crownwell offers more than the centaur, why does the centaur need a nerf? How would that make the centaur a more attractive option when for 60 mp and 20 fuel(roughly the cost difference if we apply your suggestion) you get a medium tank that has somewhat similiar AI but much better AT?

You're also missing out that the centaur is a god at AA, something the crownwell isn't. A single crownwell won't scare off an AT gun, something the centaur can do with its ability.

Imho you are trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Once more no one suggested a nerf to centaur the suggestion is to lower both price and cost so that the cost efficiency remain the same....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★