Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers lack first strike bonus, intended?

7 Jul 2020, 09:35 AM

I noticed that unlike similar units, such as the british commandos, okw falls and soviet partisans (with vet), the ostheer stormtroopers lack a first strike bonus when attacking from camo. Is it intended?
(I mean storms are quite strong as they are, I'm just making sure there is no oversight or anything)

Also, are all of the first strike bonuses identical? What are the actual numbers and how does is compare to the tactical advance of storms? Are all tactical advances identical too (stormtroopers, usf paras, soviet airborne guards)?
7 Jul 2020, 09:47 AM

Are you aware of their abilities and what they do?
Tactical advance OR first strike.
You can't have both.
And yes, all TAs seem to do the same, massive DPS boost at the cost of mobility and rec acc.
7 Jul 2020, 09:55 AM

Are you aware of their abilities and what they do?
Tactical advance OR first strike.
You can't have both.
And yes, all TAs seem to do the same, massive DPS boost at the cost of mobility and rec acc.

Yes, I guessed they lack it due to tactical advance being there as well. (Tho I kinda remember old stg stormtroopers having both, need confirmation.)
This however leaves G43 storms with no direct dps boost option.
7 Jul 2020, 10:09 AM

This however leaves G43 storms with no direct dps boost option.

Then it is a good time to remind everyone that storms were never intended to have G43, they got it exclusively because community REEEEE despite devs trying to explain at the time that there would be no benefit to G43 storms.
7 Jul 2020, 10:14 AM

Then it is a good time to remind everyone that storms were never intended to have G43, they got it exclusively because community REEEEE despite devs trying to explain at the time that there would be no benefit to G43 storms.

I mainly see G43 storms as alternative panzergrens with smoke and flame instead of nuke nade.
At least old G43 storms could also upgrade with panzerschreck, albeit at a massive total muni price.
7 Jul 2020, 10:32 AM

I noticed that unlike similar units, such as the british commandos, okw falls and soviet partisans (with vet), the ostheer stormtroopers lack a first strike bonus when attacking from camo. Is it intended?
(I mean storms are quite strong as they are, I'm just making sure there is no oversight or anything)

Also, are all of the first strike bonuses identical? What are the actual numbers and how does is compare to the tactical advance of storms? Are all tactical advances identical too (stormtroopers, usf paras, soviet airborne guards)?

No.

Ostheer:
"Ambush Camouflage" +50% accuracy for 5 seconds out of camouflage.

Soviet:
Partisans: +50% accuracy for 5 seconds out of camouflage.

AT conscripts :
First Strike bonus: + 25% penetration

Anti-Tank Gun Ambush: -80% speed when active.
First strike bonus:+25% reload speed +20% accuracy +20% penetration.

Name: "Tank Ambush" Vehicles can't move, when ability is active, -80% rotation for turretless vehicles when active.
First strike bonus:+25% reload speed +20% accuracy +20% penetration.

OKW
Fallschirmjäger:
+25% accuracy for 5 seconds out of camouflage.
When fifth veterancy reached
+50% accuracy for 5 seconds out of camouflage.

JP4/PZII Cautious Movement Vehicle camouflages itself and moves at -50% speed. It cannot take projectile based damage when cloaked.

JP4 For first shot fired out of camouflage:+25% damage +25% accuracy +25% penetration.

RW 43 8.8cm at vet 3 first shot, fired out of camouflage:+100000 penetration. +25% damage.

USF

Support Paratroopers +25% damage and + 25% penetration on ambush on bazookas

UKF

Commandos +50% accuracy for 5 seconds out of camouflage
Veterancy 2 grants +35% speed during ambush for 3.25 seconds
7 Jul 2020, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2020, 10:32 AMVipper

Much appreciated!
7 Jul 2020, 15:34 PM

Much appreciated!

you are welocmed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest