Login

russian armor

Why is Vilshanka in the map pool?

25 Jun 2020, 21:19 PM

The map is fine but too many games are decided due to an apparently unfixable bug, either fix the bug or remove the map from pool. It's absolutely astonishing that it has been just left completely untouched for so long.
25 Jun 2020, 22:52 PM

Just sayin, the bug is present on other maps as well (even though this is its prefered environment for some reason)
25 Jun 2020, 22:59 PM

Just sayin, the bug is present on other maps as well (even though this is its prefered environment for some reason)

I've had it happen maybe once on another map, it happens every game or at best every other game on Vilshanka.
25 Jun 2020, 23:31 PM

Agreed
26 Jun 2020, 00:41 AM

It is a really good map.

The problem is introduced when Relic compiles the map and uploads it to the server. So any map that replaces this map runs a risk of having the same issue. One option would be for Relic to NOT compile the map before upload. But I do not know if that is even possible.

When playing the map I noticed that selecting units in a certain order creates the bug. I could fix it easily by using the unit icons on the upper right side of the screen and select the units next to the unit in question.

For example click the unit left of the bugged unit and then back to the bugged unit. If that does not work do the right side unit.

For now, some would say it is no more unfair than a plane wiping your squads. It just adds a little extra micro and you are good to go. And your enemy has the same chance of it happening to them.

So think of it as a micro enhancement "feature" :P
26 Jun 2020, 01:25 AM

I would prefer give them 2 stg44 at the beginning, reduce their mp cost to 260. but can purchase 2 more at 60 munition.
26 Jun 2020, 01:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2020, 01:25 AMnwglfls
I would prefer give them 2 stg44 at the beginning, reduce their mp cost to 260. but can purchase 2 more at 60 munition.

The Sturmpio thread is on the other side.
26 Jun 2020, 08:09 AM

The map is fine but too many games are decided due to an apparently unfixable bug, either fix the bug or remove the map from pool. It's absolutely astonishing that it has been just left completely untouched for so long.

AGREE
11 Jul 2020, 06:41 AM

so just remove the damn map. problem fixed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
United Kingdom 17
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak