Login

russian armor

Change Major recon call in

18 Jun 2020, 12:57 PM

The issue is not that it bugs out or worked inconsistently, but that this is another of the many examples in CoH2 where a single ability functions differently from all other similar abilities for actually no apparent reason.
And for someone playing casually this can be a big drawback because there is simply no time to figure out the quirks of each ability.

If possible, it would be better if it worked like the same two-click process of those recon-smoke commander ability. If this creates balance issues, then at least it should be clearly stated that the planes come from the base (or is it? I can't remember that is would be like this, but I have not played with forward majors often recently).

Bascially it is all about my comment that i posted on the first page, before it was kind of drowned away.

The discussion is all about a small quality of life change to make that recon pass ability slightly more user-friendly and more in-line with the other abilities in the game. It would be good if similar abilities in the game are used in a similar fashion without having the player to trial and error in hopes to get the best outcomes for something that should be clear and easy. The discussion is not about balance, or how to counter units, or other attempts to derail the thread.

It is totally silly that things which should work and feel the same, are not the same at all. As if different designers worked on it, without relying on any design document. If able, there needs to be an action flag set to ensure that it works likewise as other recon based abilities from other units/doctorines/factions/whatever. In the grand scheme of things, players are frustrated if that is not the case. If it's one plane or two planes is totally irrelevant to players. However I am not sure if that can be completed with the existing mod tools.

Overall thread: Please keep the balance discussions out of this thread - this is a clear and valid user experience problem. Do not derail it again.
18 Jun 2020, 13:27 PM

The issue is not that it bugs out or worked inconsistently, but that this is another of the many examples in CoH2 where a single ability functions differently from all other similar abilities for actually no apparent reason.
And for someone playing casually this can be a big drawback because there is simply no time to figure out the quirks of each ability.

If possible, it would be better if it worked like the same two-click process of those recon-smoke commander ability. If this creates balance issues, then at least it should be clearly stated that the planes come from the base (or is it? I can't remember that is would be like this, but I have not played with forward majors often recently).

Yes there are some issues with the ability.

The ability does not indicate that the first plane will come from the base (second one comes from enemy base making ideal to bomb enemy rear positions) but it does not require the major to near front line to work either.

The vet 1 description is also wrong since it talks about longer duration instead of a second plane.

On the other hand both planes have very large sight radius and reveal a large area of even medium size maps.

If one actually want to bring the ability more inline with its description, the plane should come from base do one-two circles around the designed area and return to base, instead of doing a pass across the whole map. That would closer to what the description indicates.
Then the vet ability could increase the number of circles as it also indicates.

That would actually make the ability better designed since it would require Major to be near the area while it would make revealing rear areas require more skill and risking the major. Currently one can reveal the enemy rear from the comfort of his base especially once the major is vet 1.
18 Jun 2020, 15:01 PM

I agree with vipper just nerf it and maybe add cost to retreat point
18 Jun 2020, 21:38 PM

I did not read every comment, but i have to say i use it often in teamgames also on big 4vs4 maps and i had never problem with it.

It sounds for me just for a L2P issue. Maybe go in custom and try it out, how it works.

How exactly is this a L2P issue? It's literally just making it easier to call in. And I do know how to call it in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★