Login

russian armor

FINALLY remove the MORTAR PIT!

11 Jun 2020, 09:37 AM

now i won't go vipper on you to entertain your forum career katitof

lul
11 Jun 2020, 09:38 AM

Guy literally posts on the forums like it's his job without even playing the game, I know everyone jokes about tightrope being a bot; but jeez. At least most of the people posting on here either play the game or contribute something in the form of content
11 Jun 2020, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 09:01 AMLatch

Ahh the good old player card technique, strange that UKF has the mortar pit and I am speaking about how easily it goes down isnt it? It's almost like people have fought against my pit and won and I am letting you know how they have done it!

I dont play Axis, its not a secret, infact I might put it in my signature so people new here will realise... But guess what, if someone starts to complain about a pak 43 shooting through walls, do you know what I can do? Use my experience of fighting it and watching replays to tell someone how to counter it and what its weaknesses are! Its strange the kind of information you recieve from experience isnt it.

If you struggle against the pit as OKW then I'm sorry but there is no hope, OKW have the best non doc counters against the pit.

Also aswell, let us not forget the op's statement who I know full well, plays axis:

So maybe, you'll listen to him? :)

I listen everyone relevant
but you dude have 0 experience countering mortar pit in team games yet you give tips about countering it
sounds retarded to me
thats all i have to say
you literally said "Use my experience of fighting it" btw, what do you use in this case, since you dont have experience of fighting it? share your expert analyzing techniques with us
11 Jun 2020, 10:48 AM

The only thing I want to see for emplacements is a smaller path-blocking potential. Same for trenches and german bunkers.
11 Jun 2020, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 08:14 AMLatch

Jesus christ, I was refering to how difficult it can be and how much effort is needed not how impactful losing a schwer is, and yes there is a massive durability difference between a LEIG and a mortar pit but do you know what there also is? MOBILITY.

Th impact is important, because it makes the effort worthwhile or not. If it is equally as hard to push a bofors and a mortar pit as it is to push a shwer and a LEIG, then there is a discrepancy because the value of pushing and defeating one is substantially greater then doing so on the other.

And yeah, there is a mobility difference between a single LEIG and a mortar pit, but there is also a FIREPOWER difference too for what that matters. The comparison wasn't which one can run a 100meter dash faster, it was about which is harder to push, forcing the LEIG to displace itself is a win since it indicates the shwer couldn't prevent the enemy from endangering its indirect fire support.
11 Jun 2020, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 07:07 AMLatch

If you are going all in on sim city without triggering brace before hand then that issue is with the player, all it takes, all it takes is a Leig, a flame nade, pshrecks or flamers to walk next to the pit, cause brace and then attack.

Hell even use an off map, trigger brace and then move in. If UKF had another indirect option, it wouldnt be an issue, remove brace, keep the pit if you want but give them a mobile mortar and you can do whatever you want to brace. Until then you remove brace, you remove the pit, you remove brits in team games as they have no other way to smoke that relying on team mates or spending a fuck ton of muni.

Out of all the things UKF have, brace isn't that big of an issue, it has counters, if you are attacking without triggering the counter then just like most units, that isnt the games fault, you dont counter S mine fields by running a squad through them, you sweep them or use vehicles and if there is a teller mine or an MG watching that position then you deal with that in the correct way.

Take the MG's vet 1 ability for example, kills some LV's very effectivley, if I want to push that MG with my LV, because you know, I have no mobile mortar for indirect free smoke, I bait him into switching to Irounds, back off and wait for it to cool off, then push in. Sound familiar?

play your first OKW game vs a good brit and tell us how easy it was to destroy his emplacments.
11 Jun 2020, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 07:07 AMLatch

If you are going all in on sim city without triggering brace before hand then that issue is with the player, all it takes, all it takes is a Leig, a flame nade, pshrecks or flamers to walk next to the pit, cause brace and then attack.

Hell even use an off map, trigger brace and then move in. If UKF had another indirect option, it wouldnt be an issue, remove brace, keep the pit if you want but give them a mobile mortar and you can do whatever you want to brace. Until then you remove brace, you remove the pit, you remove brits in team games as they have no other way to smoke that relying on team mates or spending a fuck ton of muni.

Out of all the things UKF have, brace isn't that big of an issue, it has counters, if you are attacking without triggering the counter then just like most units, that isnt the games fault, you dont counter S mine fields by running a squad through them, you sweep them or use vehicles and if there is a teller mine or an MG watching that position then you deal with that in the correct way.

Take the MG's vet 1 ability for example, kills some LV's very effectivley, if I want to push that MG with my LV, because you know, I have no mobile mortar for indirect free smoke, I bait him into switching to Irounds, back off and wait for it to cool off, then push in. Sound familiar?

I was referring to the old emplacements, back when cancer was an issue, not now where they are all too easy to defeat. Emplacements have been nerfed hard and are not an issue anymore really, but their design from the start was problematic. Nothing so high impact with so little micro should be able to withstand with no loss. I maintain, if brace inflicted a stacking mp penalty like the old soviet crew repair did for muni emplacements could have been almost unchanged because saving them would have required some more input than 1 click to quadruple their health (or more depending on how far back you go with brace)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★