Login

russian armor

4v4 tips for returning non USF main

4 Jun 2020, 13:05 PM

Hi guys, so to make it short I'm normally a UKF/Soviet player (sometimes ost/okw) but i haven't played in a looong time except some friendly matches with friends maybe once a month. Now i want to go back to PvP and to have a change , play with the Americans. The thing is, a lot of updates happened and before i read days worth of patch notes i wanted to know if you guys could help me with a build order or at least some general tips. Last I remember the Americans were not so great and it mostly was riflemen blobs (sometimes smaller airborne variants) and jacksons. I tried it vs an hard AI yesterday and the build order I currently used was:

Riflemen -> Rifleman (-> if Recon or Airborne Pathfinder) -> Rifleman (-> Mortartruck if i went the Infantry company)-> Captain (give him bar)-> ATG (if no Luchs rather AA truck)-> Weaponry -> BAR/ Lmg for Riflemen -> ATG(skip if already build one unless Im facing many P4) -> Major -> 2x Jackson or 1 Jackson and 1 Sherman.
If a rifleman squad dies and I have access to Airborne, rather call them in.

so yea, if somebody takes the time and help me out I would be much obliged. Thanks in advance.:D

Also if asked why I did not go straight into PvP, its because I didn't want to bring my team down because i cant use the faction properly.:sealed:

8 Jun 2020, 13:23 PM

Nowadays people go for 3x rifles and then LT. Nades and LT upgrade are next (LT upgrade is for AA or howits). After that, you play depending on the situation. Of course, if you feel like you need something else, it's good to experiment. Heavy tanks have been nerfed so Pershing is pretty useless right now. Rangers can have 3 elite zooks (+dmg +pen) so they are a good tank hunter section. Calliope commander is good. Other than that, check some games on youtube by USF players to get a sense of it. It's mostly all the same. Infantry + officer + Jackson is the mainline.
8 Jun 2020, 16:02 PM

I suggest loading into the lobby and searching, after a few games you realize you will never get a decent team or a game where someone does not bug splat, then press Alt-F4.

Most OP strat I have found so far :luvCarrot:
10 Jun 2020, 09:29 AM

Nowadays people go for 3x rifles and then LT. Nades and LT upgrade are next (LT upgrade is for AA or howits). After that, you play depending on the situation. Of course, if you feel like you need something else, it's good to experiment. Heavy tanks have been nerfed so Pershing is pretty useless right now. Rangers can have 3 elite zooks (+dmg +pen) so they are a good tank hunter section. Calliope commander is good. Other than that, check some games on youtube by USF players to get a sense of it. It's mostly all the same. Infantry + officer + Jackson is the mainline.

Thank you for the answer:D Just a pair of questions: why not Captain for the ATG? Are really zooks good enough to deal with quick luchs or even a P4 before u get jacksons that it allows u to go LT? I get it if its a airborne unit or Rangers with elite zooks but what if u dont pick one with either unit?

I played a few rounds as OKW recently and really i was more worried about meeting a good placed ATG or soviet PTRS blob (thank god that reinforcing penals is expensive :D) than Zooks o_O

10 Jun 2020, 09:34 AM

I suggest loading into the lobby and searching, after a few games you realize you will never get a decent team or a game where someone does not bug splat, then press Alt-F4.

Most OP strat I have found so far :luvCarrot:

I would laugh if it wasn't true, feels like every round someone leaves tilted mind game just because a game doesn't go 100% perfect even if u still win in the end. No matter if Axis or allies.

At least the community stayed the same as day 1 so it doesn't feel so unfamiliar :D
10 Jun 2020, 13:30 PM

EDIT: Captain, not LT. LT is for stuart, M20 and MGs and Captain for AA, howi and ATGs. Also, they changed the Captain to equip BAR and LT equips Zook. Typing mistake. Wrote LT, meant Captain.

Yeah, you can go for ATG too. I usually go for howits or AA. Place 3 zooks on rangers. AA or howits help deal with infantry whereas one snare on rifles + 3 ranger zooks quickly take out P4s and luchs/flak tank. The 3 zooks is expensive but I find it a good value until I get the Jackson. Of course, if you are bleeding MP and/or munitions, go for ATG to deal with light/medium. If you go for AA + rangers, it's a lot of micro. Rangers will be able to take out any vehicle but you risk losing the AA since it's micro-heavy (shoots out of it's ass).

My tactics is usually (depending on situation) 3 rifles + LT that deal with infantry, ranger zook squad behind them to kill snared vehicles and supported by 2 howits. After that I go for Jackson (or earlier, depends on what the enemy is playing). I bombard usual MG positions before I push, spread out my infantry to push with cover and keep rangers a bit behind in case a tank decides to go for my infantry.

If you don't pick a commander with rangers, then ATGs are a must. Echelons with zooks can only harass light vehicles. If you do go for ATGs then I guess howits are better since you're playing more defensively. Can't really rush in with ATGs and AA halftrack.

These are just my personal touches to the USF in 3v3. I stopped playing 1v1 cause I find it nonsensical (asymmetrical balance) even though I was quite good at it. USF has strong mainline infantry so you can, with a bit of micro, easily win early game vs OST. OKW on the other hand is cancerous on most maps vs USF and you must go for an LT to get MGs.
14 Jun 2020, 18:18 PM

Oh hey, I play a lot of USF in 4v4's. I can chime in on this.

My favourite build with USF is building 2 Riflemen, ambulance, grenade upgrade then going Captain and upgrading Captain post. Grenades are very important to swing fights, so its getting and holding munitions points for those grenades. USF have a reliance on muni to win fights and push positions.

From there you can go Howitzer if your enemy is really static or another Riflemen squad into AAHT if your opponent is very mobile. If your opponent on your side has a lot of MGs then you want a mortar for smoke barrage. Your RE's can throw smoke out too similar to how Riflemen used to be able to but it requires grenade research.

The ambulance is a VIP unit for USF. You can position it near the front in your territory to reinforce and heal close to the front. Try not to commit to fights too hard so you can always walk it off and walk a short walk back to your ambulance. It also requires careful monitoring and micro to ensure your ambulance is not sniped. Losing it can be devastating.

You want to make fighting positions with your rear echelon units, upgrade them with MGs for 60 muni and garrison them with the same rear echelon units since they get a grenade launcher when they're inside the fight position. The fighting position is your key building/unit to hold ground when you retreat or need to heal. It is a key unit to protect your ambulance.

If you do end up going AAHT, keep it alive. Don't lose it. Its a rare unit in the game that shines well in the early game and transitions well into the mid and late game well. It still has a use as an AA unit in late game. Its honestly one of the best tank USF has.

Mid-game you want to get your Major when you have 120 fuel. This really depends on the situation of your game. If you are winning then you want to get a Sherman. Ideally before 15 minute mark. If your game is going bad then you probably want an anti-tank gun to defend your fighting position, get weapon upgrades and then get zooks on your Riflemen. If they have all the fuel then they are most certainly going to make tanks so you should expect tanks.

Late-game is where USF really fall off gameplay wise. You want to be making Jacksons as they counter every Axis vehicle except Jagdtiger/Elefant. Jacksons can be moved around on the front pretty quickly to deal with any Axis armour. I like to keep a Sherman around for anti-infantry (AI) with HE shells. The smoke on the Sherman is good for pushing MGs too. Its very fragile though so use it like you would your AAHT. Keep your AAHT near the rear, near your Major/ambulance to protect it from air attacks. Make more Riflemen if you have a surplus of MP, a second anti-tank gun is not bad either as it takes a lot of dakka to take down Axis heavy armour.

RE: Commanders

I like both calliope commanders as its the most versatile. The doctrinal calliope really good in that, USF lack a strong blob wipe indirect outside of Howitzer and HE sherman. Blob wipe is incredibly important in 4v4 as squads tend to bunch up.

I like commanders with the M1919. The M1919 is similar to the Gren MG42 (great damage at long range, not so great up close). BAR is great damage close-mid range. If you get both on your Riflemen squad then you should win fights pretty easy especially at vet 2 or 3. Oh and if you haven't noticed there is one commander with calliope and M1919 which is coincidentally my favourite commander.

If you go I&R pathfinders or pathfinders then you should treat them as the USF equivalent of snipers. Incredibly fragile long range dps unit.

As the other person said. Pershing is really meh. Its basically an Allied panther but you're only allowed 1. Its good wiping infantry and can sorta hold its own against an enemy heavy tank but don't expect it to win without any help.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak