Login

russian armor

Getting out of builds

3 Jun 2020, 07:28 AM

When leaving buildings in a certain direction (with the mouse not the hotkey) the game bugs and you must repeat the process. I don't think I've ever seen a thread on this. Has anyone else experienced this?
3 Jun 2020, 07:30 AM

yes a hundred times. sometimes they made themselfes at home so much they rather die than leaving
3 Jun 2020, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2020, 07:30 AMBaba
yes a hundred times. sometimes they made themselfes at home so much they rather die than leaving

I feel like this bug has been in the game for over 6 years. And sometimes you cannot use the hotkey as they'll walkout the wrong door straight into enemy fire. Please address this Relic, it's extremely frustrating in the heat of the moment.
5 Jun 2020, 20:47 PM

Wow. Finally realised why I sometimes lose units in buildings :) So you can really click which side they should leave and they just stay inside? Ptsd?
5 Jun 2020, 20:55 PM

Wow. Finally realised why I sometimes lose units in buildings :) So you can really click which side they should leave and they just stay inside? Ptsd?

well you gotta make sure that the side you want your units to exit the building actually has a door.
but yes, sometimes it just bugs out. you get the square which indicates that you selected the exit command but when pressing it nothing happens.
in that case you have to unselect the unit/ building and repeat the process. makes the difference between getting out safely or losing a squad to a grenade/ flamethrower

in some rare cases, the unit wont be able to leave the building at all no matter what you do. happened to me twice so far i think. in that case they are doomed to die there

i even can recall what maps it happened on.
Rails in the big wooden house to next to the north fuel and Lienne forrest in the city stone house next to the VP.
i know because they stayed there for a ludacris amount of time without being under fire, just couldnt get them out
5 Jun 2020, 23:18 PM

Does this have anything to do with dragging the mouse while clicking? Seems like if you drag the mouse at all, the game takes it as a facing direction and ignores it?
5 Jun 2020, 23:36 PM

Does this have anything to do with dragging the mouse while clicking? Seems like if you drag the mouse at all, the game takes it as a facing direction and ignores it?

you mean dragging in a direction with rightclick?
exiting a building is being achieved by pressin d + leftclick. no dragging here
6 Jun 2020, 01:52 AM

Are you sure it doesnt have anything to do with losing a unit whilst inside the building, which deselects the squad?
MMX
6 Jun 2020, 01:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2020, 23:36 PMBaba

you mean dragging in a direction with rightclick?
exiting a building is being achieved by pressin d + leftclick. no dragging here

i usually select the squad inside (click the building then TAB) and leftclick to some point outside where i want the squad to be. dragging the mouse could happen in this case and maybe mess up the command. but i rarely ever experience squads refusing to exit with this method tbh
6 Jun 2020, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2020, 20:55 PMBaba

well you gotta make sure that the side you want your units to exit the building actually has a door.
but yes, sometimes it just bugs out. you get the square which indicates that you selected the exit command but when pressing it nothing happens.
in that case you have to unselect the unit/ building and repeat the process. makes the difference between getting out safely or losing a squad to a grenade/ flamethrower

in some rare cases, the unit wont be able to leave the building at all no matter what you do. happened to me twice so far i think. in that case they are doomed to die there

i even can recall what maps it happened on.
Rails in the big wooden house to next to the north fuel and Lienne forrest in the city stone house next to the VP.
i know because they stayed there for a ludacris amount of time without being under fire, just couldnt get them out

+1
6 Jun 2020, 18:51 PM

I have been playing CoH2 since alpha and I have never had an issue like that. I would be curious to see it reliably reproduced.
12 Jun 2020, 12:50 PM

Last game, Elst outskirts.
the little stonehouse south side of the middle VP.

Dshka couldnt get out. "Leaving this building" audio was heard a couple of times but nothing happened until a brumbar by shoting at it 5 times raised the building. i watched it happen helplessly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 27
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak