Login

russian armor

The Grand Tank-AoE Damage Compendium

MMX
23 May 2020, 11:57 AM

Hey everyone,

some of you may remember the release of my little spreadsheet to calculate the AoE damage of ballistic and explosive weapons a couple of weeks ago. Kind of as an extension of this project, I've decided to compile a comprehensive dataset with the main gun AoE performance of the majority of the tanks in the game (excluding tank destroyers) versus infantry to serve as a easy tool for reference and comparison.

Who's the target audience:
Literally anyone - be it modders that want to test the impact of AoE or scatter changes to the total damage output of a unit, or players who, for instance, simply want to compare different units in terms of anti infantry performance.

What's included:
The spreadsheet contains the data for the average number of shots / average time required to kill a full-health 6-man squad in 3 clumped or spread-out formations and at different ranges (5, 20, 40 and 70 m (if applicable)) for a variety of tanks, as well as an easy-to-use interface to plot and compare the data.

For those of you who like to get lost in endless arrays of numbers (honestly, who doesn't?), the "Results Table" tab contains an overview of all simulation results in a handy table for - more or less - quick reference.

Results tab

A slightly more accessible representation can be found in the "Performance Graphs" tab, which contains a bar charts with the average S2K (left) and T2K (right) +/- SD for all units in the dataset, arranged in groups (heavies, mediums, lights, AA tanks, self-propelled assault guns and heavy tank destroyers).

Performance Graphs tab

The most important and hopefully most useful feature is accessible via the "Data Comparison" tab - an interface that allows a head-to-head comparison of up to 4 different units and offers a handful of graphs to help analyze and interpret the data.

Data Comparison tab

How to read/interpret the data:

Now most of the numbers in the spreadsheet, especially the "Results Table" and "Performance Graphs" tabs should be pretty much self-explanatory. The S2K and T2K values are the number averages +/- standard deviation from 5,000 repetitions for each tank x formation x range combination and should give a pretty accurate impression of the average performance and variance for each tank.

However, the graphs and some functions of the "Data Comparison" tab might need a little more explanation for those not too familiar with statistics:

Where to get the file:

The spreadsheet can be downloaded here!

As always, if you have any questions/suggestions or find errors let me know in the comments!

And, last but not least, special thanks to Hannibal for the fruitful discussions over the course this project.

-MMX-

EDIT 06/14:

- The ROF of the preWBP Pershing is currently too high since I forgot to set the proper winddown of 1 sec in the 'Data' sheet. Will be fixed in a future release.
23 May 2020, 12:03 PM

great work would it possible to add off map artillery also?
MMX
23 May 2020, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2020, 12:03 PMVipper
great work would it possible to add off map artillery also?

Thanks a lot! Yeah that's definitely possible. I actually planned to add the data for off-maps to the scatter calc for a while, but in the end didn't have the time (or motivation) to sift through the editor and add everything manually. However, with Stein Grenadier having compiled most of the data already in his speadsheet this might not be much of a problem anymore.
23 May 2020, 12:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's all nice an such, but could you please redo all the data for all the infantry in all the formations? :snfPeter:

Just kidding, nice work! I am sure that it will serve as a good reference to check how vehicles perform against infantry.
MMX
23 May 2020, 12:53 PM

That's all nice an such, but could you please redo all the data for all the infantry in all the formations? :snfPeter:

Just kidding, nice work! I am sure that it will serve as a good reference to check how vehicles perform against infantry.

thanks man! oh and sry the t2k data for the su85 vs volks at max range didn't make it into the release... bc the calc is still running :D
23 May 2020, 13:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2020, 12:53 PMMMX

thanks man! oh and sry the t2k data for the su85 vs volks at max range didn't make it into the release... bc the calc is still running :D

SU85 UP confirmed, balance team please buff.
24 May 2020, 15:44 PM

Mmmm.... data.....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight