Login

russian armor

Data base

15 May 2020, 16:00 PM

Hello guys,

In order to understand the game, I would like to see stats of each units/veteran ect...
So I'd like to know where I can find those information updated.

Could you share with me your website/data base about the game, please?
15 May 2020, 16:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There is no updated database anymore.

You can reference coh2db.com/stats for unit stats, but the last update was 2017 I think.

For the recent built you have to consult the attribute editor.
15 May 2020, 16:37 PM

The veterancy guide was updated recently.
https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide

Also at least 90% of https://coh2db.com/stats/ is still up to date.
15 May 2020, 17:27 PM

Oh I see, that's a shame, but thank you!

Another question: what is "Focus fire: true/false"? what does it mean?
15 May 2020, 18:27 PM

Another question: what is "Focus fire: true/false"? what does it mean?

It means that when false (on most automatic weapons), a squad will deal damage to several squads in close proximity of each other rather than only dealing damage to 1 (targeted) squad. I don't think it adds any DPS though.
15 May 2020, 19:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It means that when false (on most automatic weapons), a squad will deal damage to several squads in close proximity of each other rather than only dealing damage to 1 (targeted) squad. I don't think it adds any DPS though.

I thought it refers to models and not squads? At least that's the way I understood it from the AE comment text
15 May 2020, 19:44 PM

I thought it refers to models and not squads? At least that's the way I understood it from the AE comment text

No it definitely has an effect on squads and not on models. Here's a test that I did: https://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know/post/767263

As you can see from the discussion with JJJ, it's uncertain whether it's misses that are being re-rolled into hits or that the squad simply splits its DPS amongst any squad that's within range/firing cone.
15 May 2020, 20:02 PM

Does models have different HP? or does they all have the same with a different "target size"?
15 May 2020, 20:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No it definitely has an effect on squads and not on models. Here's a test that I did: https://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know/post/767263

As you can see from the discussion with JJJ, it's uncertain whether it's misses that are being re-rolled into hits or that the squad simply splits its DPS amongst any squad that's within range/firing cone.

I think we misunderstood each other. I meant that another model needs to be in the cone of fire, independent if it belongs to another squad or not.
Otherwise a hit due to this "scattered fire" could not hit a model of the same squad.
But this is very difficult to test...
15 May 2020, 20:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Does models have different HP? or does they all have the same with a different "target size"?

All infantry have 80 HP except for the sniper with 82 HP. Target size is usually different and this is were infantry toughness comes from. But against explosion damage, all infantry behaves the same.
15 May 2020, 20:10 PM

All infantry have 80 HP except for the sniper with 82 HP. Target size is usually different and this is were infantry toughness comes from. But against explosion damage, all infantry behaves the same.

And Shock Troops have 1.5 armor which means that only 67% of most small arms (1 pen) actually deal damage to them on average (RNG rolls a pen chance per bullet).
15 May 2020, 20:18 PM

And Shock Troops have 1.5 armor which means that only 67% of most small arms (1 pen) actually deal damage to them on average (RNG rolls a pen chance per bullet).

Is there a guide to understand the basic math of the game?
15 May 2020, 20:20 PM

Thanks, and does cover affect grenade damages? or it is just how pack your models are?
15 May 2020, 20:24 PM

Is there a guide to understand the basic math of the game?

Well, it's very simple. Chance to penetrate = penetration value / armor value.

So small arms (1 pen) against Shock armor (1.5) have a 1 / 1.5 x 100 = 67% chance to penetrate.
An ATG with 240 pen at X range against a 300 armor tank has a 240 / 300 x 100 = 80% chance to penetrate.

Thanks, and does cover affect grenade damages? or it is just how pack your models are?

Grenade AOE determines how much damage a squad takes based on how many models are within a certain part of the AOE. The further from the source of the explosion the less damage it does. Light cover has no direct effect on grenades, but indirectly it's worse against grenades and explosives because cover makes your squad bunch up (increasing the damage caused by AOE).

Heavy cover gives -50% damage against all weapons, including explosives/grenades. But only directional. So if a grenade is thrown over some cover, it gives 50% damage reduction. If a grenade is thrown or an AOE weapon is fired from the wrong side of cover, this damage reduction is not applied. Heavy cover also does not help against direct hits from most tank or howitzer weapons because they deal 160 or more damage, which means that even with -50% damage from heavy cover they still deal lethal damage (80), but obviously it does help against indirect hits, because the outer parts of the AOE profile for most weapons is lower than 160 damage.
15 May 2020, 20:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This grenade - cover mechanic is one of the whackiest points in CoH2.
(Sander correct me if I am wrong)

While cover is directional, grenade damage behaves very weirdly, because as far as I know, the directionality is not calculated from where the grenade explodes, but from where it was thrown. So if you charge an enemy in green cover frontally and lob a grenade behind the enemy, the enemy will get a 50% damage reduction because your squad was still in front of green cover. If you flank them, come from behind and throw it directly at them, the enemy will take full damage although the points of explosion are the same.

This leads to weird situation in the game for assaults on units in green cover: If you are already reacting a bit late and did not see the enemy grenade in time, it is often better to just take the damage to get the 50% damage reduction. Don't panic and retreat instantly, because as soon as your infantry leaves the cover they do not get the reduction anymore and take full damage. Instead, just wait for the explosion and retreat afterwards.
15 May 2020, 21:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This also applies to indirect fire such as mortars.

And while it might look the same, heavy =/= garrison cover. While both are green cover.

For example: all small arm fire ignore cover under 10 range. Against explosives, it still applies.

Garrison cover always applies. Unless you are facing a side of a building with few windows or you can bunch up models against a corner of a house so only 1 window it's shooting, you might lose certain fights cause the opponent is benefiting from cover.

While small the difference between heavy cover and garrison is only of 0.55 vs 0.5 in favour of heavy cover. Both have 0.5 for dmg modifier.

Heavy cover has a modifier against grenades of 0.5. This is not the case for garrison.
15 May 2020, 22:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Heavy cover has a modifier against grenades of 0.5. This is not the case for garrison.

Do you know how AoE damage is calculated within garrisons?
I once heard that for all models at least the far damage is applied, regardless if they are even further away (in large buildings)
15 May 2020, 22:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Do you know how AoE damage is calculated within garrisons?
I once heard that for all models at least the far damage is applied, regardless if they are even further away (in large buildings)

When "damage all in hold" is true, then "Far dmg" should apply to all models disregarding if they are getting hit directly or not.

Just like with any other projectile, you have to aim it at where the most models are located. This is why u can wipe with a bundle nade or barely do any damage.
16 May 2020, 00:00 AM

It also has an effect on models. Just let a single model with a non focus fire weapon fire on a squad behind sandbags in cheatmod and you'Il see damage gets spread out between the models.
16 May 2020, 07:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

This also applies to indirect fire such as mortars.

Its not just mortars as well, its also tank shells. Its all explosives, and in fact, its all weapons.

As far as I'm aware, cover works by one simple rule: which direction was the projectile originally fired from. When you realize this, it becomes a little bit more intuitive imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★