Login

russian armor

OKW vs Brit 2v2 Advice Early Game

13 May 2020, 12:46 PM

Hello, new to the forums.

Since the recent patch I've had an increased difficulty countering the british in the early game. I am ofcourse trying to solve this problem first by not using any special doctrine units such as panzerfusileeers or the like. I hope you will also consider this when giving me advice, since I would like to play the OKW without being forced to play a specific doctrine just to have a level playing field.

Currently early gameplay consists of the following. I advance rapidly to the fuel point. Start capturing it only to face against the british early tommies. The tommies (quite logically) take cover and use their innate defensive bonus to their advantage. I have to retreat, since advancing toward them means taking heavier losses (opening volley usually brings down my Sturmpioneers hp to around 80-85%).

Now I am basically stuck with this unit, I have no mechanic in which I can exploit in order to get in close without losing valuable models, going around takes too long and with the Tommies sight range it won't go unnoticed.

Around this time my volksgrenadiers arrive, they cannot really contribute much and just sit in cover while the enemy reinforces with their own tommies/UC/HMG. Flanking isn't really a possibility because volksgrenadiers are inferior to tommies (and most other allied infantry units early on).

At this point I see nothing in my early-game kit that can handle the british player. What do I do?

Thank you for your input.
13 May 2020, 12:55 PM

It would be helpful to provide a replay, because the answer to your questions includes a lot of different factors... the biggest one is the map you play on.

On some maps it's a lot easier to counter earlygame brits as OKW (example: Elst, Lierneux), and on other maps you can do literally nothing in the first 5 minutes (e. g. Crossing in the woods, Road to Kharkov)
13 May 2020, 12:56 PM

If you don’t abuse JLI you can’t beat the brits in an even fight.
13 May 2020, 12:57 PM

JLI = early game advice

2Head
13 May 2020, 12:59 PM

JLI = early game advice

2Head

Maybe he considers early game anything before 9-10mins, you don’t know that. You can get JLI pretty early if you go BGHQ early.
13 May 2020, 13:04 PM

It would be helpful to provide a replay, because the answer to your questions includes a lot of different factors... the biggest one is the map you play on.

On some maps it's a lot easier to counter earlygame brits as OKW (example: Elst, Lierneux), and on other maps you can do literally nothing in the first 5 minutes (e. g. Crossing in the woods, Road to Kharkov)

I see I didn't consider adding that nor do I have any replaces that I can add. I was actually just considering it in general, but to give a particular example: Crossing in the Woods and Alliance of Defiance both of which I attempt to contest enemy fuel or victory point.
13 May 2020, 13:05 PM

Well this is what I mean, I do not want to be locked in to a particular doctrine.I guess I will give them a go and see how it goes.
13 May 2020, 13:26 PM

LelIGs or Defeat screen, I'm afraid. MGs and IS are just too good for your volks to handle.
13 May 2020, 13:28 PM

I have uploaded a short game I just had against UKF. Not sure if it has completed it's upload as it says it says the website is processing it but here is the link .
13 May 2020, 13:48 PM

The key is exactly the same as every other okw early game matchup (with the exception of soviet t1): its all about your first sturm engagement.
When he uses an UC, stall for as long behind green cover and try to use the fact that he is down one infantry squad in the early game

When you are on your own fuel, rush it with your sturm but dont be afraid to cancel the cap to get into a fight or avoid damage on your sturms by hiding behind a shotblocker or cover and wait for your volks to arrive.
Try to scout where the sections are, are they seperated or does he blob them early on etc. Try to create 2v1 scenarios

When you attack the fuel its basically the same but dont rush it, (instead rush and important building for example) wait for volks support and then push. But dont be afraid to get into an engagement with your sturms early on if you can get value out of it
Again, try to scout where how many sections are. Either the cutoff or the fuel itself has to be open for a push as he cant have enough troops in both places to defend against 2-3 volks plus sturms. Blobb if you have to

No guarantee that this works against people who actually use a vickers, i have no idea. Nobody builds them in higher levels early on

4 Oct 2020, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2020, 13:28 PMZashnif
I have uploaded a short game I just had against UKF. Not sure if it has completed it's upload as it says it says the website is processing it but here is the link .

Hey zachnif. I believe u rage quitted against a 4 OKW team game today. I remember ur name pretty well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS