Login

russian armor

Hotkeys and control

9 May 2020, 14:35 PM

Hi! I have three questions.

1. How do you move the camera? Using the mouse or using the keys? I'm used to the arrows on the keyboard, and it makes it difficult for me to use the R and F buttons.

2. How many people who put custom hotkeys? Is it necessary for a good game?

3. Does it make sense to use a tactical map in 3x3 and 4x4 modes?
9 May 2020, 14:43 PM

1. mouse to the edge and tac map

2. numpad 0 to tab key

3. No cuz you have a small area of play and it's tiny on the tac map and you basically can't click anywhere cuz it's too tiny to have any accuracy of orders.
MMX
9 May 2020, 16:05 PM

i'm using an autohotkeys script mapping the arrow buttons to wsad. also holding shift disables it so i can use grid keys at the same time. num0 is bound to a mouse key
9 May 2020, 18:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's weird cause in other games i can use the mouse only to scroll around the map, but in CoH2 i like been able to micro a bit better while been able to pan out with WASD.

Autohotkey all the way (although u need to rebind some keys to other locations).

On 4v4 the map get's too cluttered to issue specific orders but gives you a general sense of battlefield flow.
9 May 2020, 19:48 PM

That's interesting info. I swapped my key settings like 200h hours ago to the other ingame configuration so my A-move is now Q-move and I press W to stop instead of S.

I find it so frustrating now that when I have both ATG or vehicle + a squad of infantry selected, if I try to retrat I will just end up reversing and my infantry won't retreat because both reverse and retreat are under R... This is especially annoying when your infantry is on top of your ATG and box selecting your inf may well select ATG and hitting the tag above the squad is also fairly annoying as it tends to teleport to another model once the tag-carrying model dies.
9 May 2020, 19:50 PM

That's interesting info. I swapped my key settings like 200h hours ago to the other ingame configuration so my A-move is now Q-move and I press W to stop instead of S.

I find it so frustrating now that when I have both ATG or vehicle + a squad of infantry selected, if I try to retrat I will just end up reversing and my infantry won't retreat because both reverse and retreat are under R... This is especially annoying when your infantry is on top of your ATG and box selecting your inf may well select ATG and hitting the tag above the squad is also fairly annoying as it tends to teleport to another model once the tag-carrying model dies.

With this config at least I don't have to have 10" wide hand to Merge my conscripts, Build or do other things that are far to the right side of keyboard. I slapped 0num to my mouse side button but hardly use it even though I want to use the tac map, it helps with unit preservation.

Well, well... I accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my previous message. Pardon me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★