Login

russian armor

Elite Armour shuts down a Brit player early

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
6 May 2020, 13:10 PM

edit: just to clarify since even katitof was confused this thread is a response to vermillion hawk who posted on my replay from a few days ago of me ukf vs miragefla okw that miragefla could have dominated the early game had he gone Elite Armoured into 221s. We got into an argument and I came across this match vs some random okw guy who failed with 221s vs me and I wanted to show the clip to support my stance in that thread that a good UKF like myself doesn't get pushed off the map and dominated by early 221s.

But Stormjager, this isn't fair, the 221 isn't properly supported. If I were the one using it it would have destroyed your Tommies

Yeah a Kubel, Spio and Volks squad supporting it as it goes at range 0 vs 2 tommy squads and barely escaping with its life while managing 1 model kill is losing due to fighting unsupported. If it had a King Tiger support it definitely would have won LUL

Oh yeah forgot, Axis OP.
6 May 2020, 13:29 PM

Well first of all that 221 was barely supported at all, if the Sturmpioneers were supporting it they would have charged and the Brit would have to decide to split their fire or focus down one unit to the detriment of the engagement. The Volks aren't exactly supporting it either since they show up when it's already basically dead. I'm also fairly certain that the Tommies are still getting the green cover protection from where the 221 is shooting, so it's a really, really bad engagement overall.
6 May 2020, 13:31 PM

Not much to say, I already responded before you even posted.
6 May 2020, 13:34 PM

Well in that case, good for you that you've finally found a faction you can win as in 1v1.
6 May 2020, 13:43 PM

Well in that case, good for you that you've finally found a faction you can win as in 1v1.

You don’t wanna bring up playercards Kappa
6 May 2020, 13:50 PM

Oh no, I'm going to tremble in fear at your 4v4 automatch rank. Did IncendiaryRounds jack your account or something?
6 May 2020, 14:37 PM

I see poor vehicle management, like that Kübel wasn't even A moving. This clip feels more like cherry picking.
6 May 2020, 15:00 PM

Yeah a Kubel, Spio and Volks squad supporting it as it goes at range 0 vs 2 tommy squads and barely escaping with its life while managing 1 model kill is losing due to fighting unsupported. If it had a King Tiger support it definitely would have won LUL

Oh yeah forgot, Axis OP.

No support, exposed rear armor. L2p issue. Drive up any light vehicle in reverse against 2 infantry squads and the result will be the same - probaby it will actually be over much quicker since other infantries have snares.

All you are really doing is cherry picking some videos of axis players mismanaging their units and making some sarcastic remarks about game balance.
6 May 2020, 15:10 PM

and making some sarcastic remarks about game balance.

The thread is a response to some comments on the replay I uploaded vs miragefla. Nothing to do with balance, thus I posted it under gameplay.

Oh no, I'm going to tremble in fear at your 4v4 automatch rank

I mean, if you wanna 1v1 I’m all up for it.

You sound like a pro though, so I’ll probably get rekt.
6 May 2020, 16:24 PM

If you want.
6 May 2020, 16:30 PM

Stormjaeger, how old are you?
6 May 2020, 16:32 PM

Oh yeah forgot, Axis OP.

This is a gross distortion, bordering on being an outright lie.

The Kubel was given a simple move command. It drove past the first squad at 4:02. The owner realized it was in trouble about 20 seconds later, right before losing it. It was lost about 10 seconds before the scout car went to range 0 against the Tommies.

The Spio had also been given a simple move command, and wasn't really "supporting" the assault, unless you consider the two surviving models firing at long range to be "support."

The Volks support shows up at 4:47, just a few seconds before the scout car leaves.

The scout car only killed one model in about 20 seconds of firing at a Tommy squad in green cover, and nearly died because two Tommy squads were firing back. Is this really a big deal? Do you think a M3 would've done better against Volks?
6 May 2020, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2020, 16:32 PMGrumpy
snip

This isn’t a balance thread.

No support, exposed rear armor. L2p issue. Drive up any light vehicle in reverse against 2 infantry squads and the result will be the same

So you mean to tell me the 221 can’t just arrive early and push UKF off the map with ease?

I’m very glad we agree, that’s exactly what I’m trying to show.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2020, 16:32 PMGrumpy
The scout car only killed one model in about 20 seconds of firing at a Tommy squad in green cover, and nearly died because two Tommy squads were firing back. Is this really a big deal?

Well Vermillion Hawk advertised the 221 as the easiest possible counter to UKF early game that not even a UC can stop. I then show a clip here were with 0 effort or cost I was able to almost kill a 221 with 2 tommies in a live game and now he’s cying about muh support it with infantry, because apparently you need to support the 221 with an spio and a volk to even deal damage to 2 tommies, therefore why he is advertising it as the UKF counter I’ve no idea since with his scenario a volk would do better than a 221 and the 2 volks and spio would win the engagement and without the fuel cost and doctrine pick.

Quite funny. Kubel also counters UKF early, just gotta support it with a KT LUL

Again, this is not a balance thread, it’s a proper answer to this post:

6 May 2020, 17:19 PM

Because that quote clearly shows that I believe the 221 to be the best solution to the British early game.
6 May 2020, 17:23 PM

Well you said it shuts it down. What more can you do? Automatically win? Shut it down sounds like the best thing to do.
6 May 2020, 17:45 PM

This is a very peculiar thread.
6 May 2020, 18:00 PM

What kind of thread is this, if it isn't a balance thread? A **** thread?
6 May 2020, 18:02 PM

reeeeeeeeeeeee
6 May 2020, 18:05 PM

Well you said it shuts it down. What more can you do? Automatically win? Shut it down sounds like the best thing to do.

If someone says that a Puma shuts down T70s, do you then go and make a video of a puma reversing into a guard squad and a mine and say that the puma clearly doesn't shut down a T70s?

It just seems weird that your example of how the 221 does not shut down the brits is a video of someone using the 221 in an aweful way. It would be much more compelling evidence if you showed a video of someone actually using it properly and you still being able to hold ground.

Now I am not saying that the 221 does shut dowm the brits - I am just saying that your evidence is bad.
6 May 2020, 18:06 PM

All is good, I managed to to convince him it’s just a decent strat instead of a surefire win. Mission successful.

If someone says that a Puma shuts down T70s

I will agree cuz Axis OP.

I am just saying that your evidence is bad.

No worries, I gave him plenty of evidence.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS