The suggestions are designed to address the following:
- Bolster and its massive powerspike
- Lack of mid-game build diversity
- Lack of viable indirect fire options
Constructive criticism and discussion would be welcome.
Bolster makes British infantry extremely cost-effective, even against upgraded Axis infantry. By delaying this upgrade until the late game, the British player will have to invest in munitions-based weapon upgrades to remain competitive against upgraded Axis infantry in the mid game. This also reinforces the British theme of having a powerful late-game arsenal.
- Now requires Company Command Post
Vickers .303 HMG
One issue with the Vickers .303 HMG is that it does not suppress as effectively as other HMGs. To alleviate this issue, it is getting an increased burst duration. This increases its effectiveness while also giving it a unique strength.
- Burst duration from 2.75 to 4.5 (+64%)
Platoon Command Post
The Valentine tank is being moved to the Platoon Command Post to diversify British build orders. While the AEC remains the anti-vehicle option, the Valentine will be a generalist that is better at anti-infantry.
- Unlock 40mm Bofors replaced with Unlock Valentine Tank
Valentine Mk. XI
The Valentine is intended to be a generalist with no utility. The damage increase is designed to increase AoE damage and thus its effectiveness against infantry. The reload nerf lowers its overall anti-vehicle firepower. The speed nerf solidifies its role as mainly anti-infantry, as it is now too slow to chase after other light vehicles. However, it is certainly able to hold its own, with a bigger health pool, armor capable of deflecting Puma shots, and a gun comparable to that of the Churchill Mk. VII.
- Damage increased from 120 to 160 (+33%)
- Reload increased from 5/5 to 7/7 (+40%)
- (Originally the tank had 1440 DPM, now it has 1370 DPM. The AEC has 1870 DPM)
- Health from 480HP to 560HP (+80)
- Speed from 7 to 6
- Observation removed
- Concentrated Sexton Barrage removed
- Sexton Creeping Barrage removed
40mm Bofors Emplacement
After removing this from the Platoon Command Post, allowing it to unlock alongside the 17-prd seems reasonable. Also giving both survivability buffs to make them slightly more usable because emplacement counters are so powerful. The Bofors gets a small sight bonus to self-spot (to a limited degree) and do its job of destroying infantry before they can fire back.
- Unlocks upon completing Company Command Post tech
- HP of both Bofors and 17-prd increased to 1200 (from 1000/900)
- Bofors sight increased from 35 to 40.
Royal Artillery is currently a meta commander due to the call-in Valentine. After removing the Valentine from this commander, giving it a powerful indirect fire option and linking Concentration Barrage with Sextons would keep this commander a viable choice.
- 2CP Call-in: M21 Mortar Halftrack (Same as USF version)
- 3CP Concentration Barrage now also activates Sextons