Login

russian armor

Overall community trend

29 Apr 2020, 03:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2020, 02:50 AMTobis
If you have a string of bad luck that drops your rank far enough you can get stuck in Hell. A rank so low that all of your teammates and opponents will be crayon eating morons or people trolling. Then it will be entirely luck which team gets the least idiots to win, making it take forever to boost your rank back up.

LOL, I was gonna post almost the same thing, but was going to call it purgatory. The strange thing about the rankings is that after awhile, it's hard to trust them. When my team of 3 queues as 4v4, we sometimes get people with a ranking of 100 that seem borderline retarded, and sometimes get people with rankings in the 500 to 1000 range that play fine. I think we lost to you and Suora a couple days ago so you're another one that dashed my dreams of mediocrity.
3 May 2020, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2020, 03:03 AMGrumpy
sometimes get people with rankings in the 500 to 1000 range that play fine

I would guess that 50% of the people at that rank are just playing a mode they haven't played in a while, so the ELO system doesn't know what to do with them... that's one reason why larger games can be so random I think.
3 May 2020, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 12:19 PMEuan

I would guess that 50% of the people at that rank are just playing a mode they haven't played in a while, so the ELO system doesn't know what to do with them... that's one reason why larger games can be so random I think.

When you haven't played in awhile, your elo rating goes inactive, not into the 500-1000. From my experience, as soon as you play a game, your ranking becomes active again and is similar to what it was before. I think part of the problem now is that if you're new, you're going to have a mix of wins and losses in your first 10 games. Once you get that ranking, it is really difficult to improve it in 4v4 random.

3 May 2020, 17:02 PM

I'm not sure that's correct, my rank always seems to reset and it takes quite a few games to rank up again. Then I don't play again for a while. That could be all in my head, I suppose, or just trying different factions and gamemodes and forgetting which ones I have a rank in.
3 May 2020, 18:01 PM

In rank 16 3v3, I get UKF players which spam mortars around the map and wonder why the axis nukes the s*** out of them or flametruck's them, or soviets rushing penals vs OST MGs and holding the 2nd point from the base (1 before the mid VP) and doing nothing. It's random AF.
Even when I was rank 18 I'd get players that bunker down on large flank maps. It's just the way it is, finding a decent team these days is hard, but I do come across some good players. However, I did notice that there is a larger pool of good players on Axis side (the ratio of search is 60/40 in favor of Axis so it could be it)
3 May 2020, 18:21 PM

In rank 16 3v3, I get UKF players which spam mortars around the map and wonder why the axis nukes the s*** out of them or flametruck's them, or soviets rushing penals vs OST MGs and holding the 2nd point from the base (1 before the mid VP) and doing nothing. It's random AF.
Even when I was rank 18 I'd get players that bunker down on large flank maps. It's just the way it is, finding a decent team these days is hard, but I do come across some good players. However, I did notice that there is a larger pool of good players on Axis side (the ratio of search is 60/40 in favor of Axis so it could be it)

I think it depends a lot on the time of day. When the Europeans are playing, I'd agree with you. When it's in the evening on the US west coast, it switches.

I just had a game on La Gleize where someone, whose base was on right side, went all the way to the left and started building emplacements. His name was in French, so I think he was trying to build a historically accurate Maginot line, someplace that the Germans didn't need to attack.
3 May 2020, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2020, 03:03 AMGrumpy

LOL, I was gonna post almost the same thing, but was going to call it purgatory. The strange thing about the rankings is that after awhile, it's hard to trust them. When my team of 3 queues as 4v4, we sometimes get people with a ranking of 100 that seem borderline retarded, and sometimes get people with rankings in the 500 to 1000 range that play fine. I think we lost to you and Suora a couple days ago so you're another one that dashed my dreams of mediocrity.

It is 100% purgatory. After a certain point players, I think, care more and more about their rank and are increasingly less inclined to leave.
3 May 2020, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 18:21 PMGrumpy

I think it depends a lot on the time of day. When the Europeans are playing, I'd agree with you. When it's in the evening on the US west coast, it switches.

I just had a game on La Gleize where someone, whose base was on right side, went all the way to the left and started building emplacements. His name was in French, so I think he was trying to build a historically accurate Maginot line, someplace that the Germans didn't need to attack.

This is a prime example of top 100 game. Games like this make me oscillate between rank 18/16/14 in 3v3. Of course, it's random teams since I couldn't find anyone from Europe to play with me during these virulent times.

EDIT: My point being. One guy will always be super sub par so you'll have to fight on all fronts and keep tabs on at least 7 CTRL-# squads. The 12k dmg guy is top 100 in 3v3.... enough said
4 May 2020, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2020, 18:21 PMGrumpy

Got a good laugh out of this.

Interesting observation about armies also. As a Scot I enjoy playing Brits the most. Would love a Japanese or Italian army then I'd probably play Axis the most. For me it's more about flavour than balance, and the wehraboo thing just doesn't quite do it for me...
4 May 2020, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 13:44 PMEuan

Got a good laugh out of this.

Interesting observation about armies also. As a Scot I enjoy playing Brits the most. Would love a Japanese or Italian army then I'd probably play Axis the most. For me it's more about flavour than balance, and the wehraboo thing just doesn't quite do it for me...

Glad you liked it! I was trying to see the humor in the situation, while I was getting rolled by two players in the middle.

I used to not play Axis much for a stupid reason. I didn't like the voice acting. One of my grandfathers grew up speaking German. The voice actor's accents didn't sound anything like him. They seemed over-the-top bordering on cartoon-like. I also worked for a German company for over a decade and didn't meet anyone who sounded like the voice actors.

Some of the patches had such bad balance problems that I decided to get over the voice acting. Now I play whatever, usually what I'm least bored with, but will switch if the queue is too imbalanced and it's taking too long to get a game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★