Login

russian armor

Unbalanced pay commanders

PAGES (11)down
15 Nov 2013, 00:40 AM

want to win? then you have to pay or just play russians easy win
15 Nov 2013, 00:58 AM

90% of the people that posted in this thread agree with Trainz if you didn't notice. They can attempt to balance the game for 1v1 as much as they like but its never going to matter when they sell game breaking doctrines every month for $4 (not even F2P games have a model like this) and then only nerf them after the fact so that they can squeeze out as much money as possible. The balance might be directed towards competition but with many of the core design elements that is irrelevant.

No I didn't notice 90% of people agreeing with Trainz.

And you don't seem to know what I said or what Trainz said. Because your response has nothing to do with Trainz's or my post. Its completely out of blue and unrelated to anything that Trainz or myself said.

1. 90% of people agree (and more) that OP commanders are ruining the game (not that Relic is deliberately ruining the game for 1v1 players so it can please 3v3 and 4v4 players as Trainz suggests)

2. Relic is only balancing games for 1v1 and somewhat 2v2 (if they only cared about 3v3 and 4v4 players, as Trainz suggests, they would balance those. Not 1v1)

3. Commanders are sold to both 1v1 and 4v4 players (Trainz pinning fault on people abusing commanders in 1v1 on Relics trying to please 4v4 players is borderline retarded)

4. any balancing issue in 1v1 is multiplied by multiple factors in 4v4 game (hence huge number of 4v4 players has quit the game long time ago or started playing 1v1's or 2v2's, like myself. Because 1v1 game is 10x more balanced then 4v4 game.

5. There are more people pissed of with unbalanced game in 4v4 then 1v1 games. Take away new commanders and 4v4 is ridiculously unbalanced still. Add new commanders to 4v4 and you need to invent new word to describe level of unbalance in 4v4 games.

So yeah, don't go full retard when making conclusions (Trainz). Fanboism is retarded, whether its Faction fanboism or 1v1 fanboism, and every blind illogical and irrational behavior and comment that comes with it.

Relic is trying to please its money bags, not 4v4 or casual players as you may refer to them.

If they were trying to please casual players, they would implement public lobby. Since they were crying for one since game came out. Subsequently large number returning to COH or quitting the game altogether.

15 Nov 2013, 04:14 AM
Patrion 15

Yeah I'm uninstalling.
15 Nov 2013, 05:31 AM

yeah i haven't lost with soviets since the patch, and i only won 1 game with Germany since the patch...

I've been on both sides of Soviet Industry and i feel bad for Germany IDK what they can do to stop the insta-build nigh unending tanks.

when i play soviet I don't even try to get map control I just hug fuel and a few points and wait until the T70 factory starts pumping out win.
15 Nov 2013, 06:16 AM

Man... With the new MP boost, the Sov industry, i cant do this anymore... Its so sad to see a good RTS turn to rubbish. This has been such a bad year for PC games.. The Rome Total War Debacle, COH2 and its laughable content, and various other games that havent really delivered besides xcom. Makes me soooo sad, i love my pc games, its a great hobby and keeps me out of trouble. Shit..
15 Nov 2013, 06:21 AM

Do we have any sign of relic that they are aware of their fucked up commanders and that there will be a hotfix soon?!

The game is literally unplayable in automatch.
15 Nov 2013, 06:24 AM

Do we have any sign of relic that they are aware of their fucked up commanders and that there will be a hotfix soon?!

Same thing happened last time -_-
15 Nov 2013, 06:34 AM

This!

I've been wondering not "if" they've noticed the outrage in the forums but rather how serious they talk about this among themselves. I'm concerned that they might think that this storm will pass, question is how many trees there are left in the forest when things calm down.

I've been talking a lot before this patch about that Soviet might have needed a slight buff in team games but I guess I got more than I asked for. It's not as fun and challenging to play this faction like it used to be, now you just got a T34 at the same time one of the opponents manage to pump out a FHT. Playing as Germans after this patch was a real challenge, a real WTF moment since I used to feel that Germans were a bit stronger than Soviets and ten times more easier to play with before this patch.

This is not how it should be.
15 Nov 2013, 06:56 AM

Played 2v2 as Soviet tonight with Tristan.

We're done, I think. As I don't have the Sov Industrial commander, all I did every game was defend the fuel long enough for him to get a massive tank blob out.

I'm fighting hard, eventually get an IS-2 out, late as it should be, and it felt good to have.

Then I look over and see Tristan's 5 T-34s and 3 T-70s and I'm just like, what the hell is this for? There's no satisfaction in playing with it, there's no satisfaction in being on a team with someone who has it.

And without it? Yeah it's nice the Soviets have quicker build times. But the MP boost is better for Ostheer. Try fighting the 5 Grens you'll now see, or two Assgrens in 1v1 with a normal commander where you won't get SMGs or shocks till long after 2 or 3 of them have LMGs.

It's just over. Unless they completely reverse everything they've just done, this game is over.

15 Nov 2013, 07:49 AM

Permanently Banned
Played 2v2 as Soviet tonight with Tristan.

We're done, I think. As I don't have the Sov Industrial commander, all I did every game was defend the fuel long enough for him to get a massive tank blob out.

I'm fighting hard, eventually get an IS-2 out, late as it should be, and it felt good to have.

Then I look over and see Tristan's 5 T-34s and 3 T-70s and I'm just like, what the hell is this for? There's no satisfaction in playing with it, there's no satisfaction in being on a team with someone who has it.

And without it? Yeah it's nice the Soviets have quicker build times. But the MP boost is better for Ostheer. Try fighting the 5 Grens you'll now see, or two Assgrens in 1v1 with a normal commander where you won't get SMGs or shocks till long after 2 or 3 of them have LMGs.

It's just over. Unless they completely reverse everything they've just done, this game is over.

This game was over soon as they announced payed commanders.
15 Nov 2013, 07:51 AM

I'm just having a hard time trying to understand why the commanders have to be so over the top. Diversity, great, but with abilities breaking the fundamentals of the game, not so great at all. I'm hardly motivated to touch this game at the moment.
15 Nov 2013, 08:25 AM

15 Nov 2013, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 15:16 PMtokarev
I think the best solution would be to SPLIT the multiplayer in TWO portions.
First is for use of original commanders ONLY.
Second is for use of original commanders PLUS dlc ones.

If someone wants to play old school - choose first option in the game menu.
If someone wants to use these OP commanders for different gameplay - choose DLC option.

How simply it is?
Let me know what you think.

+1

Nothing is wrong with T-34 in 8. min, but we need 0 CP dedicated anti tank inf. Payed DLC against payed DLC
15 Nov 2013, 09:58 AM

Its a shame when all other things in patch where so great, to see the four other commander (at least the two free Soviets commanders that i`v tried), was as "weak" as they where was actually a relief. Its ten times better if a commander comes out under powered than this game breaking nonsense you now get -if you pay.

I have never had a reason to criticize Relic in my 6 years of service, but im afraid they (Sega?) have started to speculate in the whole commander thing and that it is actually a business model to make pay commanders tempting by making them stronger than free Commanders (and vanilla Commanders). The problem is that its not just to roll`em back in and start over if their broken cause ppl have already paid for them. I really cant see how to get out of this vicious circle.

It all makes me the saddest panda this series have ever seen :(

It is however a light in the dark, and that is that the gentlemen in CoH2.org uses reason and will just ban this unbalanced things in their tourneys so the show can go on. GJ guys
15 Nov 2013, 12:56 PM

It's just sad to read what you write. Relic is only balancing game for 1v1 and somewhat 2v2.
Any issue there is in 1v1 is magnified by factor of few for team games.

Try not to go full retard when writing posts, thanks..

Altho you are right that the game gets "balanced" for 1v1s, it is my personal feeling that all the new stuff they are adding is hurting 1v1s more than they balance changes are improving it. On top of that all this new content they are releasing (except for world builder and chat) are the opposite of what I think is good for competitive games.

They are basically adding new commanders --> more imbalance. Then they are trying to fix the balance --> more balance. And right after they are adding more commanders again (and soemtimes other questionable things get changed as well) just to fuck everything up again. That's why it looks like they are just trying to please the broader mass of players (which are the players that play team games more or less non-competitve - no tourneys and stuff) by adding "cool new stuff".

Even if balance does not matter too much, there is so much other questionable stuff. They are just focusing on making more money by adding more content, instead of seriously improving core things that are majorly flawed.

Eventhough they went in a good direction with this patch, I still don't think they realized what the major flaws are.
15 Nov 2013, 14:37 PM
15 Nov 2013, 15:02 PM

Could be that I have been having a very busy week, am tired and this is clouding my judgement. But I believe I have been fair to Relic up to now, but it is my opinion they are not the same company of years gone by (have not been for a while now), and are currently delivering content and executing a business strategy that is poor. Subsequently, rather then rant and rave about it, i'll just vote with my time and money if this continues.

The purpose of the game I paid full price for, is to be fun. Once it stops been fun, and/or gets excessively costly, well gl+hf Relic/Sega.
15 Nov 2013, 17:49 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 13:08 PMSappi

What I don't get is the "Fuck you, Relic!" -part. Are they messing with and insulting YOU personally?

This is an interesting question. Why is it personal? I do feel it is personal. I feel cheated and continually lied to. Let me explain:

With one hand they are balancing the game with the patches (bar the 500MP patch), with the other hand they destroy balance with the commanders.

The patches speak to the competitive element of the CoH franchise. They are saying "Look, we care about balance".
The Commanders speak to the more casual players, saying "Look, we are adding content, keeping it fresh".

The thing is of course, you can't please both parties this way. The net sum of the updates is continual non-balance, but the patches are an attempt at appeasing the competitive element.
However, this is a lie. They are cheating. They keep paying lip-service to the CoH2.org creators and community, because we add value by perpetuating the lie that this is also a game with a competitive potential.

The sad effect is that this entire site is now based on a dream that will never happen. Sure, we can have tournaments with veto'd commanders, but this will not reflect the automatch reality. This game will never have a metagme, a 12azor, DrHorse or Seb - hell, we might as well be a modding community.

So yeah; Fuck you, Relic - but well played.
15 Nov 2013, 18:10 PM

This is an interesting question. Why is it personal? I do feel it is personal. I feel cheated and continually lied to. Let me explain:

With one hand they are balancing the game with the patches (bar the 500MP patch), with the other hand they destroy balance with the commanders.

The patches speak to the competitive element of the CoH franchise. They are saying "Look, we care about balance".
The Commanders speak to the more casual players, saying "Look, we are adding content, keeping it fresh".

The thing is of course, you can't please both parties this way. The net sum of the updates is continual non-balance, but the patches are an attempt at appeasing the competitive element.
However, this is a lie. They are cheating. They keep paying lip-service to the CoH2 creators and community, because we add value by perpetuating the lie that this is also a game with a competitive potential.

The sad effect is that this entire site is now based on a dream that will never happen. Sure, we can have tournaments with veto'd commanders, but this will not reflect the automatch reality. This game will never have a metagme, a 12azor, DrHorse or Seb - hell, we might as well be a modding community.

So yeah; Fuck you, Relic - but well played.

+1000000000000000000
I could'nt agree more. This is the exact comment I hoped to read.
Sad thing is this is actually 110 % true.
15 Nov 2013, 18:18 PM

Relic kinda reminds me of Blizzard.

I couldnt believe my eyes when I blindly bought Diablo 3 thinking it would be awesome once again.

Money has to big a say in the gaming world lately.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 16
Peru 9
unknown 5
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L